Top Cash ISAs

Options

Comments

• Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrGumby wrote: »
    If you're thinking of investing with one of the many foreign banks offering attractive rates, I'd suggest checking the customer service by calling them and asking a question or two first (if you can get through). As a result of doing so myself, I've abandoned plans to invest with Bank of India or Punjab Bank.

I have found al Rayan bank to be very efficient - all done online and transfer sorted efficiently. 2.02 per cent on four months notice isn't bad for me as a high rate taxpayer given I will exceed the £500 savings tax free limit.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,622 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mrviner wrote: »
    where are you getting those kind of rates?
    TSB, Nationwide (also available at First Direct, M&S too I believe)
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 12 March 2016 at 12:14PM
    Options
    Fixed rates down.

http://www.sbiuk.com/personal-banking/personal/cash-isa/cash-isa-fixed-deposit-account

Applications for Cash ISA fixed deposit ( Current year subscription / Transfer ) made till 10th March 2016 will get the rates applicable at the time of the application
  • ejv
    ejv Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a fixed ISA from the past, maturing in July 2016.
    If I start a new ISA this FY,till what time am I allowed to transfer in old ISA?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ejv wrote: »
    I have a fixed ISA from the past, maturing in July 2016.
    If I start a new ISA this FY,till what time am I allowed to transfer in old ISA?
    It depends entirely on the Ts & Cs of your new product - if you go for another fixed rate one then chances are it'll have a limited window within which to fund it, but variable products won't typically have any such constraints. Obviously you need to ensure that whichever new product you go with accepts transfers in, many don't....
  • Jonnyohare83
    Options
    Hi guys I've recently only started saving into a new app called Moneybox. It's basically saves money into a stocks and shares isa and invests it also. Anybody know anything about the app??
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,622 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi guys I've recently only started saving into a new app called Moneybox. It's basically saves money into a stocks and shares isa and invests it also. Anybody know anything about the app??

If you're using it then surely you know about it? Why did you use that rather than the best recognised providers? But this thread is about cash ISAs so you'd be better off starting your own thread
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • rpb
    rpb Posts: 130 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 April 2017 at 9:21PM
    Options
    I shouldn't have left it so late I suppose, but after working my way through the whole Coventry BS application process (three times now!) I'm just getting a web server error on the last step

14m475s.png
  • mickael28
    mickael28 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    rpb wrote: »
    I shouldn't have left it so late I suppose, but after working my way through the whole Coventry BS application process (three times now!) I'm just getting a web server error on the last step

It worked for me today at lunch time, however, I thought they were going to open the account and I could make an online transfer before the end of the financial year, and I just got a message:

"Receiving your form
    We'll post a copy of your application form and ISA transfer form to you straightaway. Please check them carefully then sign and post them back to us with identification (if required) in the prepaid envelope.

We'll confirm on your application form if identification is needed."

So, it seems to me, that we were not really applying when completing the online form, they were just getting details to send us a paper application, in which case, we won't be able to make it before the end of the deadline!!

So I think we might need to go with another provider anyway...
  • UKDeejay
    UKDeejay Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The above article mentions that many bank current accounts now offer interest rates on balances far above the best cash ISA rates.
    However, these bank accounts usually require that you pay a monthly fee - typically £10.00 - which would almost cancel out any interest you would receive on, say, a current account balance of £1000.00.
    After all, who has large sums of money 'sloshing around' in their current account???
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback