Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,290 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ozzig said:
    On the subject of the Natwest 5.9% 2-year fixed rate, any speculation / advice that could sway me from opening one now and funding when I get the money in a month's time?
    You'll need to check the T&Cs, but it is unlikely that you'll still be able to add money to this fixed term ISA a month from now.
  • MDMD
    MDMD Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    masonic said:
    Ozzig said:
    On the subject of the Natwest 5.9% 2-year fixed rate, any speculation / advice that could sway me from opening one now and funding when I get the money in a month's time?
    You'll need to check the T&Cs, but it is unlikely that you'll still be able to add money to this fixed term ISA a month from now.
    As long as it is opened before it is withdrawn it appears payments and withdrawals are allowed until 1 September 

https://www.natwest.com/savings/isa-overview/fixed-isa.html#What-are-the-key-dates-of-a-fixed-rate-isa
  • PegasusPJ
    PegasusPJ Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 September 2023 at 7:46PM
    Options
    Is it worth locking for 5 years? The rates are lower right now than for shorter, but likely are going to come down in the next couple of years, so what is now lower (5.26% for 5 years) could be way better than what is on offer in 2 years if opting for a 2 years fix at 5.81 now.
    I won't need that money for the 5 years as aiming to save for earlish retirement (in 8 years) and got some other easy access for emergency.

Any thoughts? Are we likely to go back down to the poor rates? 

• MiserlyMartin
    MiserlyMartin Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 September 2023 at 9:27PM
    Options
    I expect higher rates for the next decade. Some people are suggesting lower rates next year. I doubt it and even if so, it won't be as low as before - 2.5% at the lowest. I think rates will go to 6% + and stay there until Q4 2024 or even in 2025 before a cut into a recession, if we have one.  That's what I think they will do, but I think they SHOULD put rates to 8% now if they want to have any hope of getting inflation down. It's spiking up again. Maybe in the end they will have no choice but to get rates up there
  • NJHNJHNJH
    NJHNJHNJH Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This info is long out of date. Zopa reduced their 1 year fixed rate cash isa from 5% to 4.9% first thing YESTERDAY morning! There was still a provider offering 5% fixed yesterday so I nipped in quick with my £20k!!
  • Sithuk
    Sithuk Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The WestBrom Websave cash ISA (60 day notice) looks like a good option as it is paying 5.1% AER. Is there a reason moneysavingexpert doesn't include it as one of the top options?
  • qsk
    qsk Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sithuk said:
    The WestBrom Websave cash ISA (60 day notice) looks like a good option as it is paying 5.1% AER. Is there a reason moneysavingexpert doesn't include it as one of the top options?
    Probably because it's variable rate and can/will go down soon?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback