Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    victor2 wrote: »
    Some useful ammunition there. Took them 6 days to respond to my email asking what rates they were going to charge at, will see how long it takes them to reply to this one! We're only talking about a few quid, but it's the principle - and I'm an ex-customer anyway!:)
    From my experience, they tend to ignore follow-up emails. A complaint (perhaps through Resolver complaints tool) would probably be more effective if you have already received any refund due to you.

If you're still owed a refund it might be better to wait until you have received it before making the complaint or Avro will likely use it as an excuse to delay payment until the complaint is resolved - and we don't know how long that could take.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,606 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    From my experience, they tend to ignore follow-up emails. A complaint (perhaps through Resolver complaints tool) would probably be more effective if you have already received any refund due to you.

If you're still owed a refund it might be better to wait until you have received it before making the complaint or Avro will likely use it as an excuse to delay payment until the complaint is resolved - and we don't know how long that could take.

Not had a final bill yet - only started with the new supplier just over a week ago. They have responded to my emails in the past, within their stated timeframe, so I'll see what, if anything, comes back.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    :)
      Leear wrote: »
      I also just saw this Simple & SuperSavvy tariff and I have just sent them an email to switch me from Simple and AutumFix, which would also save me £51 pa and bring my standing order down from £88 to £83pm.

I will report back in this process and time frame :)

I asked AVRO for the switch (above) even though I'm in month seven of a 12 month fix.

Today, (6 days later) I got a new 12 month lower contract on the Simple & SuperSavvy tariff as from the date of my request (8th May 2019) :beer::j:T RESULT
    1. Chrishazle
      Chrishazle Posts: 609 Forumite
      First Anniversary First Post
      Options
      Just found out that despite supplying my change date readings to Avro on 20th April, my previous supplier (Affect/Octopus) did not receive them from Avro until May 7 - which is apparently within the required time!! Have yet to receive the request for first month meter reading from Avro - that will be 20th May, by which time they will have taken 2 months DD so I'll be in credit by 3 figures! Initial impression of Avro is "may soon use their no penalty get-out" to return to Affect/Octopus!!
      Be interesting to see how long it takes Octopus/Affect to finalise my account - based on past experience of their CS it will not be long!
    2. ighaig
      ighaig Posts: 1 Newbie
      edited 16 May 2019 at 11:42AM
      Options
      I have found Avro to be overestimating my consumption and setting my DD too high. They have proved remarkably reluctant to refund positive credit balances and when they do it takes over a month and I get less than the amount I requested.
    3. andrewparkeruk
      Options
      As a follow up to my previous post about, as an existing Avro customer, trying to switch my elderly Mother from ‘Simple and Summerplan’ to the new 'Simple and SuperSavvy’. I have been trying to achieve this since 08-May.

Yesterday I checked MSE Cheap Energy Club site and found Octopus offering a slightly better tariff. Although I hadn't heard of Octopus they score highly for customer service.

I immediately initiated the switch (which will also include a £25 cashback payment).
      That'll show 'em :)
    4. victor2
      Options
      I emailed Avro quoting part of SLC 24.9 to them, saying that a domestic customer [FONT=&quot]will continue to be subject to the same Charges for the Supply of Electricity and the same terms and conditions (but not any Termination Fee) that applied to that Fixed Term Supply Contract until they have changed their supplier.[/FONT]
      They responded with[FONT=&quot] "As per our terms and conditions, you will be charged on our Simple Energy rate from [end of contract date] to [start of new supplier's contract], which is the period from when your tariff ended to when the new supplier switched over."[/FONT]
      The Simple Energy rate is of course their (most expensive) standard tariff.

Haven't had the final bill yet, so will wait until that has all gone through before following it up - with something along the lines of asking them to confirm that their terms and conditions over-ride any OFGEM regulations. :)
      [FONT=&quot]
      [/FONT]

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

5. Consumerist
      Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
      Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
      Options
      victor2 wrote: »
      . . . Haven't had the final bill yet, so will wait until that has all gone through before following it up - with something along the lines of asking them to confirm that their terms and conditions over-ride any OFGEM regulations.
      Since we are talking about a potential breach of the terms of their licence conditions you could, if you felt so inclined, send copies of those emails and your final bill to Ofgem at: consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk
      >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    6. victor2
      Options
      Since we are talking about a potential breach of the terms of their licence conditions you could, if you felt so inclined, send copies of those emails and your final bill to Ofgem at: [EMAIL="consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk"]consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk[/EMAIL]
      Thanks. Final bill produced, they have switched over to their standard rate for the intervening days, as they said they would. Even though they have stopped taking the DD, the final bill still shows a small credit due to me. Will see how long it takes to pay that before raising a complaint.
      Even though I knew they took the monthly payments in advance, I had forgotten the effect of that. Now I've gone to a (bigger) supplier who take payments in arrears, I've got a month's holiday in outgoing utility costs, which is nice. :)

7. katka1
      katka1 Posts: 21 Forumite
      First Anniversary First Post
      Options
      I've been with Avro for just under a year. When I switched, the process was very easy, no complaints here. I've found that they are over estimating the usage, so I'm paying £52 a month, whereas my bills in the winter months, with higher gas usage, were around £40.
      I did ask for a refund of part of the credit in my account, it took a while for them to reply, but the money did appear in my bank account. I am now switching to another provider, hope that it goes smoothly.

On a side note, their website is shocking by today's standards and they keep sending meter reading reminders even if I submitted the readings for the month already.
      'I cannot do all the good that the world needs. But the world needs all the good that I can do.'
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
    • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
    • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
    • 173.2K Life & Family
    • 248.1K Travel & Transport
    • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
    • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback