PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning

Tuesday

1. Admin day. Disappointed that I did not get as much done as I had hoped. Every little helps!

2. Mr M to get Fathers Day gift card with extra points and cheap bottles of pop......more later.

3. Another one of my special students I nominated for an award has been awarded a certificate.

Wednesday

1. Took in a big bowl of eggs for 6th form to sell in aid of the prom.

2. Picked up more cheap bottles of pop from small Mr A on the way to work for Y10 to start making water rockets. :j

3. Started to make polystyrene planes with Y9 group. Who has more fun......students or the adults in the room?

4. Long meeting with student and parent in the afternoon. Good outcome.

5. Mr W on the way home with a WYS coupon.

6. Chicken fajitas for tea. Everyone ate it all.

7. Handmaids Tale and quilt sewing.

8. Washing machine has been fixed under guarantee. :j

Have a lovely day :)

Taking the gardeners to Gardeners World Live to see our ‘Meal in a Barrow’ entry.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning. I'm supervising ablutions of the dog! He's got a pair of socks over his paws so he doesn't clean them so much schlurping yyaccompanies my typing! His shoes should come today and we can venture as far as the roundabout!

It's a bit wild and windy and whilst dry at mo has been raining. Was decidedly much cooler yesterday which was a shock to my system and I had to change into long trousers and a jumper to go out....my optimistic teeshirt and short trousers were not going to cut it.

Visit to kitchen showroom. Who knew there were so many decisions and details? I love my choice though. The person who's helping me is lovely and shares my enthusiasm.

Nipped into big T and got a selection of nice lunch things and a RTC cake and an RTC curry set for tea. So birthday boy was fed well all day. His meringues were a treat!

Took friends dog a walk again. He was less pull-y this time which was much better. He's very strong but walked nicely. Good chat as we walked. ( he's too strong for her to walk herself so she came and I had him....as I realised that read that the dog and I had a good chat.)

Very quick tidy up downstairs whilst curries cooked. Floors washed. Downstairs loo cleaned and candles lit and lamps on for the first time in ages! A friend I've not seen since I came back came round and it was so lovely to see her. We had a mutual friend who had died 10 years ago ( I can't even believe ist that long as I'm typing that...I often 'forget' I was away for such a chunk of time) so it was just nice to catch up. Sat for almost 4 hours chatting and laughing. Was good to see her!

Quick chat with DD2 who was just getting up as I was going to bed. World traveller.

Another busy day ahead. Is there any other kind? Have a good day.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Good walk to and from the bus. Avoided being stung in the very overgrown area of the footpath. The hill on the way home from work is definitely becoming easier.

2. Met a couple of people and said hello and made a fuss of their dogs.

3. Spent some time in the garden and cut down a few branches. Many more to do.

4. Spoke with DS1 on the phone. He seems ok.

5. DS2 tidied the kitchen.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    PK clearing DM’s house was one of the toughest things I’ve ever had to do in my life, strength to you my dear and :j on the beating all odds animal pal.

Wednesday pleasures,

The birdlife in our garden makes us ooh and aah every day, so many babies being fed by diligent parents, for the first time this year the woodpeckers trust us enough to bring their young into the garden to be fed, these things make me happy.

W8rose vouchers arrived in post, not a cheat box in sight but several useful and pertaining to what we buy, still not as good as the PYO offers that were withdrawn but helpful.

Watched the cricket on and off.

Chorizo sausage stew for tea, bit heavy on the spice :eek: but delicious all the same.

24 hours in A&E.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    & Check out most graveyards in Lincolnshire and the mix of nations buried there!

V Just had cup sweepstake at the mill. Our Jock got ... Engerland! he wants his money back! Tight Fokker!

4 Had flat tyre t'other day on BoP truck. As I keep it in good repair, it was fixed quickly for nought!

3 Had ommlette for breakfast this morning. Mushrooms, three eggs, and bitsers from the fridge. there were not many bitsers as the fridge has wobbleabe inn it!

PM2DD Bring it on!

That's your lunchtime BoPimess for today!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Busy morning packing some more things from the lounge that are only for looking at, not necessary for everyday life.

2) Packed all the winter bedding, spare duvets, spare pillows etc. from the blanket box and cupboard in the spare room.

3) Emptied the loft and have managed to rehome a baby bath and top and tail bowl and the spare buggy by putting them at the end of the drive with a free please take note on them. Just a little potty in a toddler seat still there which hopefully will appeal to someone passing.

4) Packed two dismantled Billy bookcases into to the car for He Who Knows to take to DD1 who has room for them.

5) Copious amounts of nice hot tea with which I have fortified myself whilst doing all the above...I'll sleep tonight!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Artnoon

Pleasures for yesterday

1. busy day cleaning and gardening, but could see our progress
    2. had sourdough toast with avocado and bacon for lunch. One of my favouritist things that i haven't had for 2 months. No ill effects
    3. nice warm sunshine, got the washing dried on the line
    4. Went for dinner to our gay best friends - one of them has been poorly and he is the cook! So we took an indian takeaway - much enjoyed by all
    5. But the best till last - they are getting married!!! Shhh don't tell as we aren't allowed to tell anyone in case certain members of their families get to hear. Instead of a big 'do' they are getting married quietly but then inviting different groups of friends out to posh dinner to help them celebrate! Ours is in July :T So thrilled for them - and about time too! :rotfl:

Have a good evening all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Wednesday pleasures

Dull, chilly & overcast day but the rain stayed away until 11:00 p.m. :)

DSis emptied 3 suitcases & 3 boxes of clothes :T :eek:

Above generated a few donations for cs & a couple of items binned

Cleaned fridge & only had to bin/recycle one item :T

DSis finally saw our resident fox last night - twice :T:D - she has only been waiting three weeks :D

Veal escalopes in herbed breadcrumbs, Cornish new potatoes & cooked green beans drizzled with olive oil - absolutely delicious :drool::drool: & fully appreciated by both DH & DSis :T

Thursday pleasures:-

Weather has improved so can now sit out in the evening sun :)

DSis has emptied 2 more boxes - bedding this time

Generating 3 Sets of bedding for cs

DH has had motorbike fixed & took the opportunity to have a fried breakfast :D

Finally started on cleaning & sorting kitchen drawers - 2 down, 3 to go :rotfl:

Reading your posts :D

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, late for me.

Wild & windy day.

Haggis got his new shoes. Trip trap who's walking over my bridge kind of sound!

Went into town & met an old friend from primary school ..lovely catch up.

Gave a lady the remains of my parking ticket.

Cleaned bathrooms. Hoovered upstairs.

The niecelys came for tea. A stuffed turkey joint that's been lurking in freezer for ages, roasted veg.

Left them but took GN down to friends with puppy. Then pups sister came to visit. Puppy bedlam but good fun.

Then quick home to put big coat on ( blooming freezing) then walked to friends for the evening. Much chat, laughter & tears.

Text with DD1
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Thursday pleasures continued:

Finished sorting the last three kitchen drawers :D

Sirloin steak & oven chips for dinner - yummy :D

DSis saw the fox again :)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback