Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 12

Options

Comments

• Choccygirl123
    Options
    Don't worry sue, I don't think anyone would think your stroppy. You're far too kind, lovely and make everyone feel at home. I love this challenge because everyone is positive and encouraging no matter how big or small you pot!

Quidco confirmed another paynebt today so requested a whopping £1.90 tonight. Once it hits it hits my bank account I'll stick in the sealed pot account.

Plopply I started with a running total but gave up recently as I think I'll be more tempted to use it. I'm looking forward to the surprise. I do have a sealed tin and a separate online account. I found it impossible to take the odd potting payments out like my £1.90 Quidco today. So when online payments clear I transfer them over to my sealed pot account. I can see this balance growing, so guess I get best of both worlds.
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • Iheart
    Iheart Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for my number Sue :)
    SPC12 #106
  • gettingbetter
    Options
    <<<<<<creeps back in Hi Sue Hi everyone
    Im sorry i have not been in for so long but i am still saving in my bottle just trying to get hubby on board. i do save all change and £2 coins aswell. i have one of those big whiskey bottles and its a quarter full been a long 2 years. i dont want to open it till its full. is that allowed Sue and sorry cant remember my number xx
    br no 188 ;) AD 17th apr 09:D
    :Dmortgage free 22/5/09:D
    :Ddebt free 11/8/09:D
    :j#18 £2 saver = £ :T sealed pot #333
    silent member of mikes mob
    i will lose weight :rolleyes: i will sort my house :o
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Didn't spend any money today so I have no change to put in my pots - boo hoo!! Im a bit sad about it!????
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hope everyone is well.£10 potted again :)
    SPC 076
  • Sue-UU
    Sue-UU Posts: 9,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 January 2019 at 12:12AM
    Options
    dawnyblue wrote: »
    I've been on MSE for years but don't often comment on threads, I just read, so now I've decided to take the bull by the horns and really get on it this year, then couldn't remember username or password and just started a new account so I'm a newbie to the SPC but not to MSE :-)

so please can I join you and share my saving experience with you all x
    ploppy57 wrote: »
    Can I join please? Really trying to make more of an effort than ever this year with things.
    Can I just ask? Do people keep a running total so they know how much they have in their pots, or is it just chuck it in and wait till you open it. Mine will just be copper and 5ps that I have in my purse each day.

You're most welcome to join us, dawnyblue SPC 109 and ploppy57 SPC 110. A very warm welcome to you. :grinheart Have fun saving and enjoying the chat on the thread, it motivates us all. You'll find your number on the the 2nd post of page 1. Please read through post 1 as it'll let you know exactly what to do with the challenge. PS. We empty our pots and declare our savings in October, please make a note of this year's date: 31st Oct 2019.

Please also subscribe to the thread by clicking on "Thread Tools" (lower green bar) and clicking "Subscribe to this thread"...or you may lose us! To put your SPC No on, go to "Quick Links" (right side of top green bar), click and then click on "Edit Signature" and you're away. ;)

*Please pop your number on your sig, it really helps me.

Hello all Potters, I hope you've all had a good Thursday, no doubt preparing for the weekend too! :j
    To all those who are not well or who are low in spirits, take great care of yourselves. Get well soon and {{{{hugs}}}} from all the SPC family. :grinheart

A shiny gold star for you both, Frogletina :staradmin and swimminginaseaofdebt, :staradmin thank you so much for helping me out.

A great start made, hummingbird! It's good to have you back with us. :D

I quite agree, mummytummy, though no doubt a lot of us will still have challenges through the year or it wouldn't really be 'life'. Still, we can but hope. That's a good plan you've made in order to get a lovely sum by October! Well done on the 30p roadkill!! :dance:
    I am here :j:j:j.
    Happy New Year everyone.And many happy potting returns :D.
    So far I have potted 12 x £2 coins (there is another one rolling around in the car to add to it),and 6 x 50p coins.
    Really must ramp up my game if I am going to exceed my last year's total :o.

So there you are, Saver-upp! :hello: A happy new year to you too! Very well done with some fine potting already achieved!! :DPlease note that you now have a new SPC No 108. I've had to rearrange the entire lists as a lot of members haven't returned over the last 2 years. Please swap your Nos over. Thanks so much.

Another one with a good plan of saving a little each day, Purplemumof2, all the best for you! :D

It's lovely to have you, Peony. Whatever you manage to save throughout the year will be a bonus, a blessing too! Do your best, that's what we all aspire to!

A lovely amount, Vicky!! :j Where's the cash courtesy of your hubby these days! I know he loves to think of it as being safe in your pot.. I think!! ;)

Oooh how good you're getting, weenapoops, excellent work!! :dance:

Well done, Whatshername!! I see you've been giving saving a lot of thought, coming up with great ideas too!! :j

Ah... you've made me go all coy now, Choccygirl. :o
    I quite agree with the reasons why you love SPC so much, though why not encourage each other whatever the amounts we save. It does us all good to know that no matter how much we save it really does help us all. Motivation is key to helping us all!! :dance:
    Iheart wrote:
    Thank you for my number Sue :)

You're welcome, Iheart, it's so good to see you home! :D
    Please could you put your new No on your siggy for me, thanks a lot.
    <<<<<<creeps back in Hi Sue Hi everyone
    Im sorry i have not been in for so long but i am still saving in my bottle just trying to get hubby on board. i do save all change and £2 coins aswell. i have one of those big whiskey bottles and its a quarter full been a long 2 years. i dont want to open it till its full. is that allowed Sue and sorry cant remember my number xx

It's wonderful to see you back with us, gettingbetter, though you have a new SPC No 111, an easy one to remember for sure! You open your bottle whenever you want, it's perfectly ok. :D

Don't worry, NannyG, even I can only save ONE day a week, so don't feel sad about it, just be pleased you're not spending cash!

Fantastic work, Robin!! :j You really are so consistent!!

All Potters , have a lovelyFriday!! Save well if it's possible. :dance:

Sue

NB folks: Opening date for SPC 12 will be 31st October 2019

Anyone wishing to join us, it's NEVER too late, so please just ask, you'll be made very welcome!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 = £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 = £871.52 18 = £800.00 19 = £851.022021=£820.26[/SizeGrand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016 = £52, 002.40!! 2017 = £50,456.23!! 2018 = £47, 815.88! 2019 = £38.538.37!!!! :j
  • Miss_D_Meanour
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone and belated best wishes for a wonderful 2019.

I've been catching up on the thread - lots of lovely potting going on. Congratulations to all.

Somehow I ended up with all £20 notes in my purse over the Xmas and NY period, so had to break them when I had my "you deserve a bacon and egg sarnie breakfast because you're going into work instead of taking some time off" bought breakfast. So I've put the two £5 notes and one £2 coin that I got in change into my pig. So some good came out of the splurge. But now I'm on a mission to splurge no more.

Have a great weekend
    MissDM
    LBM- June 2009 - 15 year plan started, Dec 2018 - time to review & refocus
    SPC12 #33 £210. Xmas 2019 - #15 £365 / £365 ... PAYDBX 2019 #23: £0 / £3,400
    MFW2019 #2: £6,999.67 / £8,000 MFiT-T5 start £95,352.52 - target £40k

No matter how far you go, you always take yourself with you
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for my number. I am starting with the mega sum of 95p in small change from my purse...couldn't even mange to get it to £1... :rotfl:
    Not sure if my tin is big enough to last till October, so I may need to add another one later.
  • IWillSucceed
    Options
    Hi Sue - Can I join please and request a number?
    PAYDBX 2020 - #?? Pd £600/ £8900
    1% Challenge #?? 00% :
    366 Day Penny Challenge #??£667.95
    SPC 13

Virgin £00/£8500 FD: £00.00/£1300 [STRIKE]MBNA: £500[/STRIKE]
  • dawnyblue
    dawnyblue Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone, and Happy Friday, I'm not going to count as I pop in my jar but I'll post on here each day roughly whats getting added. Today was just a very small amount of change found in my car and bedroom, probably no more than 20 or 30p but its a start :-)
    #94 £2019 in 2019 = £209.90
    #109 SPC
    365 day penny challenge £93.96/£667.95
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills