When I'm 64!

Options

Comments

• Staffordia
    Staffordia Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Been at work all weekend, had to pay my subs to the office coffee club so a small amount spent.

Have Tilly Tided 34p this morning, the first payment in days.
    Mortgage Free November 2018
    Early Retired June 2020
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi staffordia, just read your new dairy and wanted to say welcome and best of luck :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Staffordia
    Options
    Hi newgirly, thanks for dropping by. This is definitely a long haul diary.

Looks like another glorious day here, I went up to the North Norfolk coast yesterday, and definitely caught the sun.

Must do some housework :( Housework bores me rigid, I am so tempted to get a cleaner, but I just can't afford it.
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Options
    Had a great weekend with g/f enjoying the lovely weather and then two busy days at work has meant I haven't spent anything. Mortgage payment and small regular overpayment has gone, and it is very satisfying to see the capital reducing :)

Tilly Tidy of 66p this morning.
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    edited 16 September 2013 at 2:29PM
    Options
    Decided last week to have a week off work, and enjoy the last of any good weather. I am now lying in bed having pulled a knee ligament out walking yesterday, and having to move around the house on crutches. To add insult to injury, today is not even a NSD, as I have had to pay for my tablets on prescription.

Have checked bank account, nothing in or out so nothing to Tilly Tidy
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your injury - I'm sure there will be a Tilly Tidy opportunity waiting for you tomorrow.

Best wishes Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Staffordia
    Options
    Still on my enforced rest, got used to the crutches but finding it a bit boring.
    Although I'm not spending anything

TT this morning of 75p.
    Early Retired June 2020
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love hearing about your tilly tidys, I do this but I do it to the nearest £10 the reason being you can't withdraw anything less than £10 from your bank unless you go in branch so you won't miss it.

I think you would enjoy a sealed pot challenge aswell, get a jar and tape it up and cut a whole in the top or get one of those tins from poundland. Add all your extra change to to it say anything thats not a £1 coin? then open it at xmas and see how your doing. I have one right now for £1 coins and 50p's I throw all my other change into self service tills. I will keep going til it's full then open it.

Oh and i'm not a MFW but i still have a dairy here as I hope to be a MFW there very friendly in here and everyones welcome :) besides you are making MOP. Pop what your paying in here you might be surprised at the difference even a small amount makes.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mortgages/mortgage-overpayment-calculator
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Staffordia
    Options
    I've finally managed to get home, had to spend the week at g/f house as I was unable to drive. Still I was well looked after and I would have been in a bit of a muddle without her.

Financially my enforced rest was pretty effective in limiting any spending ;) did fill g/f car for her as she came home for lunch every day to make sure I was ok, and had to fill mine up today, but did it in her area as it is 5p a litre cheaper than by me.

Requested £43 from TCB today, that is heading for the car pot, for insurance next year.

Just wanted to add thank you to Tilly for her good wishes earlier in the week, I was trying to update on my phone and had to keep it brief, now home to wifi :)
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »

I think you would enjoy a sealed pot challenge aswell, get a jar and tape it up and cut a whole in the top or get one of those tins from poundland. Add all your extra change to to it say anything thats not a £1 coin? then open it at xmas and see how your doing. I have one right now for £1 coins and 50p's I throw all my other change into self service tills. I will keep going til it's full then open

[/url]

Hi quintwins thanks for stopping by. I do have a variety of change pots, 5p and coppers go in one, and 10p and 20p go in the other, I also put £2 aside, and pay them into my ISA when I reach £20
    Early Retired June 2020
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport