When I'm 64!

Options

Comments

• Staffordia
    Staffordia Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Second of the month, so it must be pay the mortgage day. Money has gone from my current account but is not yet showing as deducted from the mortgage account. I have never noticed that it is not instantaneous before ;) shame, as I was hoping to see it briefly dip below the £120,000 mark before daily interest moves back up.
    Mortgage Free November 2018
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Options
    So, today is the day that I made it down to the next level, I "only" owe £119,995.69 ;). Daily interest will take it back up tomorrow though. Still I'm quite pleased with myself that I managed to work this out in advance as I failed O Level maths 3 times :o

Next month I will say goodbye to the £120,000 for good :j

I am considering adding an extra £50 to the overpayments from next month, I'm just waiting to see how my budget pans out. G/F and I are going away in a couple of weeks so there will be extra demands on the budget.
    Early Retired June 2020
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Staffordia wrote: »
    So, today is the day that I made it down to the next level, I "only" owe £119,995.69 ;). Daily interest will take it back up tomorrow though. Still I'm quite pleased with myself that I managed to work this out in advance as I failed O Level maths 3 times :o
    You see, applied maths is much easier :D. Well done :j
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Staffordia
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    You see, applied maths is much easier :D. Well done :j

:rotfl: I used to tell my Dad that I had number dyslexia, he was totally unimpressed with that excuse.

Had a lovely NSD today, my new garden furniture arrived, so I put it together and have sat outside enjoying the sunny weather. Managed to get a 20% money off voucher to help pay for it, and it is paid for from last month's budget, as it was supposed to arrive two weeks ago, but the delivery was cancelled at the last minute.

Have also Tilly Tided 0.14p to my spare account which I use for holidays. :)
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Options
    Well the best laid plans of mice and men and all that. It was my intention to have a low spend day today BUT went out to my car to drive to the station and it wouldn't start :( now waiting for the garage to come and collect it. Bonus day off work though ;)
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Options
    So nice economical garage can't fix fault, it has to go to main dealer :eek: will take it there tomorrow. I feel a bit despondent as this will probably set me back to square one with no emergency savings :(
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Options
    Bad news, I have been quoted over £1700 to replace a filter :eek:. There is a list of other work that needs doing as well, taking the bill to nearly £2500.

I have decided to replace the car, I need something reliable as I live in a semi rural location and work shifts. It is going to make my budget tight, and will mean that extra savings will be difficult, but I plan to continue with my small mortgage overpayment and look to save any money where available.
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Options
    So have been looking at cars on the internet, trying to work out what I can afford, and importantly that I will be happy with for the next few years.

I have also been playing around with finances, mine and loan options. I can't afford the car outright, so some will need to be borrowed. Fortunately the income from the inherited flat will cover most of the monthly repayment, and will enable me to keep my primary income budgeted as I wanted. It's not what I wanted to do with this money, but I'm thankful that it will help me out of an unexpected situation.
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Options
    So, when you don't post for a few days, you end up on page 3!

Been a busy few days, I was working over the weekend and also staring at budgets trying to make figures add up. Going to test drive potential new car on Thursday, and if that goes well will be placing an order.

Off on holiday on Saturday, heading north to the Shetlands, going to be very different to the Fens.
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Staffordia
    Options
    Last day at work before holidays :j. Had to go to a meeting paid for the car park £14.80 :eek:, but will be able to claim this back though and it means I can do a small TT, all of my recent transactions have been round numbers, so I've missed them ;)
    Early Retired June 2020
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport