PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• kk235b
    kk235b Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    eeeek, many congrats Beetlejuice and Asl77c! I hope ye are happy in your new homes and enjoying the nesting process :-)

I haven't had an update either from EA or solicitor in a week. Vendor said last week (via EA) "we are on track for the end of the month". The end of the month is a week and a half away and still just agonising radio silence! Also worrying is that my solicitor has been phoning and emailing the vendor's solicitors for a solid month and has gotten nothing.

Anyone else waiting to exchange just spending their downtime obsessively looking at pics of their almost-house, looking it up on Google Street view, etc...? :-(
  • lena_halo
    lena_halo Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kk235b wrote: »

Anyone else waiting to exchange just spending their downtime obsessively looking at pics of their almost-house, looking it up on Google Street view, etc...? :-(

Yes me! Our house was on with two agents so I screenshotted all of the photos they had up on RM and have them all stored on my phone along with other screenshots of furniture we may purchase once we're in :rotfl:
  • lena_halo
    Options
    Things are moving! We had confirmation on Tuesday that the Deed of Surrender had been accepted by Land Registry so I asked about pushing for exchange asap. The solicitors said probably next Friday and everyone in the chain said no push for this week if it can be done.

We sent the fees and deposit over yesterday morning, Natwest have been asked to release the mortgage funds and providing they are available for tomorrow we will be exchanging contracts tomorrow! If all goes to plan then we will exchange and complete the same day, probably have confirmation of that today.

ooh fingers crossed for you!!
  • kk235b
    kk235b Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    lena_halo wrote: »
    Yes me! Our house was on with two agents so I screenshotted all of the photos they had up on RM and have them all stored on my phone along with other screenshots of furniture we may purchase once we're in :rotfl:

Hah same! Even printed off the floor plan and blocked off where the various bits of furniture will go! Just a time waster as I know you probably have to be in the house to get a feel for it and how things will fit/look, but it's so much fun.
  • lena_halo
    Options
    kk235b wrote: »
    Hah same! Even printed off the floor plan and blocked off where the various bits of furniture will go! Just a time waster as I know you probably have to be in the house to get a feel for it and how things will fit/look, but it's so much fun.

So glad it's not just me :rotfl:
    Just so worried about jinxing it but I can't help it haha! I also check on RM now and again in the SSTC area just to see it there too. Obsessed!
  • Coldfy
    Coldfy Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    lena_halo wrote: »

I'm so glad I'm not the only one :rotfl:
  • lena_halo
    Options
    These little things keep us going :D
  • warnerr88
    warnerr88 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So after getting out mortgage offer today, glad to be able to join this thread :)

Our timeline

15.03 - View house
    16.03 - Make 1st offer for house (Vendor didn't reject but waited for his other viewings)
    20.03 - Make second and final offer - gets accepted
    21.03 - Go into estate agents with proof of ID and deposit so house can be STC
    23.03 - Full Application with L&C mortgages with HSBC
    26.03 - HSBC ask for documents (ID, bank statements, gift letter)
    29.03 - L&C receive all documents and application starts processing
    04.04 - Chase up L&C who say HSBC offer is less then we need as they dispute my partners basic salary (due to way Tesco list her wage slip)
    09.04 - Send additional document confirming her wages from employer and instruct solicitor to do searches.
    10.04 - Mortgage offer subject to valuation
    13.04 - Valuation carried out
    17.04 - Mortgage advisor calls to say valuation went OK should receive offer this week
    19.04 - Mortgage offer finally comes through!

Now to wait to hear from solicitor.....
  • CHlHlRO
    CHlHlRO Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been procrastinating about posting on here due to not wanting to go back through all my emails to get dates for our timeline—not that it much matters now, for the day has finally arrived! The contract came today—with the lovely surprise of a yearly service charge that we knew nothing about!
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We completed yesterday, 10 weeks between offer accepted and completion.

We had to move in and out on separate days which cost us an extra £300, and when we’ve moved in we’ve found that the bath tap sprays everywhere and he took all the lightbulbs with him, but we can start making it ours !!!129302;
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback