PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• kk235b
    kk235b Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    I'm SO FED UP of being in the dark. Supposed to exchange yesterday or today. Nothing yet, and no proposed completion dates! (I proposed "ANY DAY ANY TIME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE"). No idea what the seller has in mind, whether she thinks she can have a nice long lag between exchange and completion while she waits for her related purchase to be empty (no indication given as to whether that's ready to move into).

I hate this I hate this i hate this I need to have a date before i go insane! I feel like if one of us is going to be homeless and renting and sticking our stuff in storage it should be the person who advertised her house as no onward chain and then tripped me up at the last minute.

Ugh, sorry, feeling v sorry for myself today... :-(
  • quantumlobster
    Options
    Currently emailing the solicitors every 5-7 days to ask for an update. Don't want to be annoying, but I'm finding the not know anything really stressful.
    Having seen my completion statement, and knowing what I'm paying out to the solicitor and estate agent, I have no qualms whatsoever in calling 5-7 times a day if I feel that way out :)

Don't worry about annoying them. They do this for a living, you don't. As long as you're polite and clear about why you're calling, they will take your calls in their stride.
  • steph2901
    steph2901 Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The waiting and hearing nothing are hard to handle. We waited weeks and then today we received the searches, sellers information forms and some other stuff in the post. Our solicitor is now just waiting for a couple of enquiries to come back from the seller's solicitors and then we will be going in to see her. I hope this means the exchange is not far off! Been so long since I last bought that I can't remember.
  • Rosestar123
    Options
    YAYY!! I have exchanged :j
    Offer accepted in November 2017
    and moving in date set for 2 weeks time.

This thread has kept me sane through the process!
    Congrats to everyone else who has exchange d:T
    Stay strong for those waiting!! :D

As a FTB the process has officially scared me for life haha:rotfl:
  • kk235b
    Options
    Congrats RoseStar!! That is great news. Wow, and hanging around since November, well deserved :T
  • Rosestar123
    Options
    kk235b wrote: »
    Congrats RoseStar!! That is great news. Wow, and hanging around since November, well deserved :T

Honestly, I am surprised I made it!
    I'm a FTB and buying a rental property from landlord downsizing portfolio.
    Hold up with tenants leaving, enquries etc

Heaven help me if I was in a chain :rotfl:
    I think an alcoholic beverage is in order :p:beer:
  • kk235b
    Options
    Haha, same, I'm a FTB too and made my offer in December and at the end of my very admittedly short reserve of patience waiting for endless odd bits of enquiries to come back.

Not a process that is kind to the impatient! So glad you got there! :-)
  • Asl77c
    Asl77c Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    The EAs initially suggested exchange this week,

dont know why they suggested this, nothing to do with the EA they have no idea what is going on with the solicitor side of it so for them to suggest anything and get your hopes up is just daft.
  • LucyR_
    LucyR_ Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats to those exchanging and completing - well done for getting through it all!
    A large G&T is deffo needed for anyone still waiting - it's so infuriatingly slow!

It looks like we're exchanging tomorrow, with completion set for next Friday, eeeek!
  • quantumlobster
    Options
    Signed off yesterday, expecting to exchange on Friday, completion next Friday.

Seems like a long, long time since we accepted the offer back in January!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback