the hedgehog's balloons.

Options

Comments

• the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    :hello: hi gallygirl thanks for the advice on keeping the motivation going on been a MF wannabe. I don't bank online currently, but I think that seeing the mortgage going down and the urge to tilly tidy will keep me motivated. DH loves a spreadsheet and will enjoy developing one once he gets his head round all the details. Will look into it when we get back off holiday.
    Thanks for the info on what is happening in your area around plastic. I take a bag out with me and aim to pick up one each of the following, a metal can, plastic bottle, glass bottle, paper article, sweet/crisp wrapper and rubber bands (kindly dropped by the postie). Most of what I pick up can be recycled and I'm trying to recreate one of those rubber balls made with rubber band. I do use gloves to pick stuff up.
    So today DD2 has a hospital appointment so need to collect her from school and then she is going back for the swimming session, much to her disgust:cool:. Need to shop from the cupboards and freezer and make soup tonight for our holiday to keep costs down. DH is calling to see a friend tonight to see if we can use their flat (we pay mates rates) in December and that will be our Christmas present to each other. DH and the DD's don't know but the same weekend there is a beach clean so we will be doing that. Just realised that we may not be having a real tree this year as DH no longer has access to where he got them from:eek: . Need to come up with a MSE alternative, any ideas anyone?
    Only 1 more sleep :j
    Enjoy your your day everyone and always look on the bright side of life (if you can).
    CRx
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    DH trying to sort out mistake over student loan payment as his new employer has started paying. It's been paid but sf has no record of it landing in their account. So he's got to contact work again as has been deferred. Tried to also cancel trade union membership as not applicable to his job and he has to put in writing. However he's had success cancelling sainsbugs cc:j. 1 out of 3 not a great success rate. Just finishing tidying up before we go away. Kids looking forward to spending time with grandparents whilst we are away ( mum staying here with them). No more sleeps it's finally arrived:T
  • Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    Have a great holiday Cross Rabbits :beer:
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a lovely time away.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have a fab holibobs! :D
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    We're back. We had a fab holiday, very relaxing. I suspect this feeling will only last for the next couple of hours, kids, need I say more :rotfl:. We were in the Yorkshire Moors, one of our favourite places. Did a couple of walks that we could do with DD2 and her off-roading wheelchair as we think we will be returning to that area next year.. Visited Robin Hoods Bay and walked up to Ravenscar to look at the seal colony. Called at the YHA at the boggle hole, would recommend their gluten free carrot cake (another good gluten free cake was found in Hutton-le-hole at The forge cafe- almond slice). Really impressed with the fact the YHA were providing equipment for people to go and do a beach clean, was shocked how much we collected when we did it. Watched the Stacey Dooley documentary on Monday about the fashion industry and pollution, wondering if she will insist on recycled outfits on strictly. I tend to buy my clothes from charity shops these days which is more about cost than anything.Wish I had the skill to alter things or make a totally different outfit. Have attempted to in the past but ended up with something I wouldn't wear in a darkened room on my own. Our holiday came in under budget which I'm really pleased with. DH has agreed that we will look into the Help to save scheme run by the government and will probably use the money to put towards a new car in a couple of years. Having to go and collect DD1 from a party tonight (her first one) hopefully the wind will have subsided by the time I go out. Hope you're all well.
    CRx
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    yep wish we were still on holiday all I'm going to say is :eek::eek::eek:. Anyway this is our life and live it we shall to the best of our ability. DD1 had a good time at her party. I got totally lost going to fetch her, good job she has a good sense of direction and memory. She was able to direct me to where i needed to be. Been to one of the local reservoirs for a walk and DH needed to check out where he is going to be running a course in a couple of weeks (2nd job). Managed to sort out 2 accounts under the Help to Save scheme run by the government, just need to go to the bank to set up a standing order. Also sorted out internet banking but managed to forget the password and memorable info and had to reset it several times. Secret words :shhh: are now firmly lodged within my brain (I hope).Hoping someone wakes up in a better mood tomorrow.
    Hope you've all had a good day
    CRx
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Happy bunnies all today:j. Not done a lot really. Got very wet taking the dog out, no leaf scrunching to be had today. Did see one guy who said on days like today he wished he had cats. Made a roast dinner with all trimmings and extra for the girls later in the week. DD2 tried peas and cabbage today:j . Managed to get DD2 homework sorted although it was like pulling teeth. DD1 has been to rangers today and DH decided to hang around as by the time he got back it would be time to leave again. He had a pleasant 3 hours reading his book in the car and feels suitably chilled out. The house smells of flapjack as DD1 has decided to bake as she wants to cut down on how much plastic enters the house. Fingers crossed it tastes as nice as it smells not that I'll be having any of course......
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    P.S hope you've all had relaxing or productive days depending on which you wanted to accomplish.
    CRx
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Flapjack was almost a disaster as she used grease proof paper instead of baking paper and it stuck. DH decided to eat with paper on, honestly some people! Anyway mum to the rescue, put it back in the oven and within 5 minutes it peeled off. Decided that the girls will come back on the bus on Monday's instead of me fetching them as a way to save petrol. DD2 not happy but just tuned the whining out. It's raining, not particularly hard and normally I'd take the but again it's a round trip of 34 miles so turned a blind eye to that one as well. Feel really guilty but DD1 says DD2 needs to toughen up as I won't always be around to bail her out. True but harsh (planning for when I'm dead). DD1's ever practical approach to life.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback