We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

the hedgehog's balloons.

Options

Comments

• the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    :hello:Crumpets they (colour analysis) use a variety of large (scarf) coloured swatches and place it over the neck and chest area and look at how it alters the way you look. Certain colours or shades of colours can drain you, making you worn out or older, some colours if worn can draw people's eye to the clothes rather than to you as a person. The right colours can help make you stand out for all the right reasons rather than look like a dogs dinner,can make you look slimmer, younger and more healthy. I really enjoyed it and it helped me when buying clothes as I really didn't have a clue. I was the dog's dinner. Never made pumpkin pie so let me know if you think its worth me giving it ago. Family sagas continue currently putting a complaint into the council around a major issue connected to DD2 and her school move.Ticked at my dad for lack of support when I phoned him yesterday to talk about it, but I forgot golden boy was there and everything is either a joke/not that serious.So put the phone down on him in the end and didn't answer any calls.
    On a more positive note TT 67p to the mortgage again. Been to baby sisters rehearsal for her wedding next week which went well. Dealt with dad as he knew I was proper ticked and showing me lots of concern, a bit late really as needed it yesterday. Just need to focus on the positives of the day, so I'm off to my in laws to make cider:j
    As my hubby always says don't let the !%&?*** grind you down. Onwards and upwards.
    CRx
  • the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 October 2018 at 5:07PM
    Options
    Cider making went well, we filled 5 demi-johns and then squeezed 20 small bottles of apple juice that we will freeze for the kids. Dropped DD1 and her friend off at the local theme park (not that local as its an hour and 15 minutes away but the other parent is collecting). Her friend was saying that they could go halves on photos and it would cost them £15 each as a package:eek:. DD1 was very quick to point out that she didn't have that sort of money so no, but this friend kept mentioning it. DD1 pointed out that she had brought food and water with her as she couldn't afford to buy two meals (had enough for one) either. When she phoned to say they had got in I told her not to feel pressurized into doing something she didn't want to do. I hoping she doesn't cave in to peer pressure. But if she does then she'll have to deal with the consequences i.e no money for our break.
    Another TT today of 80p to the mortgage.:j
    Done another 4 and half miles walk and litter pick today. Plenty of leaf scrunching to be had.
    Washing been out on the line to dry. We have one of those old fashioned airers that you secure to the ceiling and it goes up and down on a pulley and rope. So DH is in the process of putting it up in the garage as we had a skylight put in this year when the garage had to be re-roofed. This will mean keeping the amount of damp in the house to a minimum (hopefully).
    We booked to go and see Little Foot at the cinema as I had vouchers from sweet Sunday promo, but DD2 refused to do her reading before we went (had loads of time to do it) and had a minimelt down. I think she thought she would still be able to go and get away with not reading. So we didn't go. Anyway made her pay for the cost of the vouchers:rotfl:, Mr Cross Rabbit senior would be proud of my yorkshireness by proxy.
    Having sausages (mine are veggie) and lots of veggies for tea, thinking about making onion gravy mmmmmmmmmmm.
    Hope your all well and keeping warm.
    CRx
  • zcrat41
    zcrat41 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You've just made me want sausages now!
  • Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    Tough call on not going to the cinema, hopefully dd has learnt her lesson though?

We have one of those old fashioned pully airer things too. It was in the conservatory when we bought the house. We've since moved it into the utility room, but it's so full of stuff I cant get to it properly :cool: You've inspired me to sort it out so I can make proper use of it this year :T

Great news on the cider and apple juice! that sounds amazing :beer:
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • the_cross_rabbit
    the_cross_rabbit Posts: 901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 October 2018 at 2:52PM
    Options
    :hello: zcrat the onion gravy was devine (not sure that's spelt right) . Its been along time since I made it as the kids don't do onions. What they don't know is they eat onion alot ,I just whizz it up with my hand blender and add it to a variety of dishes. In fact this happen to a variety of vegetables that they swear they don't like the taste of mushrooms, courgettes to name but a few:whistle:.
    :hello:crumpets its hard to know if DD2 has learnt her lesson due to the nature of her disability however I can but try to teach her.
    TT 80p to the mortgage.
    So DD2 refused to go to school today, hanging onto the bars of her bed, shouting etc (not had this in a morning since we agreed to move her). We had to tell her about the fact someone hasn't followed procedure and we are back to square one and it is looking unlikely she will move schools anytime soon and they were trying to cancel her meeting. To be honest I sick of fighting her (not literally) in a morning to get her to school so she's at home and been made to do school work here (they are sending her some home via her sister). I really not the right person for this but I will give it a go. So done maths, geography, reading in between phone calls to various people involved in her case. Had a phone call to say the meeting will now go ahead as she is refusing to attend school, the potential health issues the stress etc will have on her (been down this road before so professionals know what is coming, fingers crossed it won't) and us as a family (i mentioned I was self referring back to counselling today). Complaint made to appropriate department, this was a hard decision as I know the person was trying to help but if they had followed procedure we wouldn't be in such a mess. I did stress to them that I thought this person needed more training, so other families are not put into stressful situations because at the end of the day its us dealing with the repercussions not them. And breathe........ Sorry for the rant folk but today I am THE CROSS RABBIT! (imagine T-rex sized rabbit stomping through middle england town causing mass destruction- which can only be curtailed by large gin and tonic)
    CRx
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're having to have this battle CR. I can't imagine how exhausting it must be. You totally deserve that GnT!
    Choose kind:)
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Well I've just had an email from HMRC saying I was entitled to a tax rebate of £327 which is odd since I don't work and therefore pay no tax. Said to follow the link which I didn't of course but was probably asking for bank details etc. Obviously a total scam, nuppty even included their email address as part of the text message :rotfl:.However, I have to say seeing the logo etc could convince some people if they aren't clued up to this sort of thing. Very tempted to email them back like I have in the past saying that I work/ know someone who works for HMCR /police and would pass their details onto the investigation team.:rotfl: They don't reply for some reason.
    CRx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope you're having a better day today :) I take my hat off to you...I cannot imagine how difficult it is when your child has a disability...you really are one of the unsung heros in the world! Big hugs to you x
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    :hello: hazelnutty I didn't manage a g and t in the end but ironically ended up gnawing on raw carrots from the allotment which was a bit of a surreal experience when I'd remembered what I'd wrote on here :rotfl:. Amused me no end DH kept asking why i kept laughing to myself. Yes it is a battle, but I've hoiked up my big girl pants and I'm ready for them. So emailed complaint today and should have a response in 20 days time. Thank you for your empathy.
    :hello: squirrelgirl thanks for your moral boosting comments. I want you to know that your comments have had a huge impact (in a good way) upon me. Both you and hazelnutty made today a better day.
    Went out with my friend last night, gone are our days of boozing, we sat and drank tea. It was good to off load, she kept saying OMG and then I'd say' and then this happened'. I like meeting up with her as we can look at any bad situation we're experiencing and try and find a positive. She feels we need to meet up more which would be nice.
    TT 87p to mortgage.
    Its been 3 peg weather today, but at least the washing is dry and still in my possession.
    DD2 refused to go into today so done reading, maths (i hate this subject) and english. The work school sent home was supposed to be for the week, we did most of it all this morning:T:. This afternoon my wonderful and thoughtful FIL came and picked her up to go and see her great grandma and took the rest of the homework with him so they could do the math puzzles together. This was so I could look at my OU course. Went shopping and spent :shhh: says very quitely hoping nobody hears£142:eek: I went round in an absolute daze, I really wasn't thinking straight and when I got home I realised I'd bought stuff I really didn't need. So this months food budget really is well and truly blown. So starting tomorrow I need my game face on and concentration is required. OU course put on the back burner again as my Dad arrived as he was concerned about me. I'm in two minds about this, the peed off me is..... he came to get rid of his guilt about how he responded the other day, the other me is, you know what he's like and am pleased that he asked to come and check I was OK. Reassured him I'm OK and that its just another hoop to jump through. He went home hopefully reassured (nice me) or feels he's can say he's been supportive (horrible me). Although to give him his due he said if DD2 was still off near the end of the week he'd come over and give her an R.E. lesson and that would make her go back to school :rotfl:.
    Well I'm off to walk the dog and then go collect DD2 from my in laws.
    Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day and if your having a bad day big virtual hugs
    CRx
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    Hi CR, just checking in (thanks so much for leaving your message on my diary). Glad to hear the complaint is in and the cogs should be turning. Your friend sounds like she's just the support you need - do take her up on her offer to meet more often for tea and destress. Sometimes just checking out of your life for half an hour with someone you trust can be the difference between battery on empty and just about enough energy to plod on for a little longer. Do you use the spoons theory? I only came across it through OH and it seems like a helpful way of thinking about energy. Anyway, thinking of you :)
    Choose kind:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure