the hedgehog's balloons.

Options
1717273747577»

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry I misunderstood about DD1, cross rabbit.  I hope she *does* manage to get to go away with you.

Loving the wildlife camera!  Having seen what one crow, or one pigeon can do in the water contained in a very old cat litter tray, I'm not surprised you thought your pond was leaking!  It makes me laugh every time I see something splashing about in there.

Great news on the growing side of things - I'm glad to see you write that the bumper sowing is still ahead, I'm just about to get to grips with things.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    The funeral went fairly smoothly except for a very tackless aunt telling my sister to smile as we came out the crem (!!!!!!), quickly whisked her into the car before she gave her a tongue lashing. When we went to scatter the ashes for some unknown reason my sister decided to make a trail next to the pond. The ducks decended and promptly started to eat the ashes which I'm sorry to say I found hilarious, she always said she liked to be in nature and she quite literally became one with nature.
    DD1 was able to eventually come home for a couple of days once she was covid free, it was good to see her. I've booked for the hubbster and I to go visit in a couple of weeks as a suprise for his birthday as I was ill on the day. We visited our favourite chippy on the way down from picking her up and felt robbed as the new owners of not only put the price up but reduced the portions as well.
    DD2 has not been to college for a couple of weeks due to staff shortages at college due to covid, which she has been super happy with me on the other hand..........
    Paid for the holiday today and then tried to buy some second hand shoes on vinted but my credit card thought I was a fraudster and they rang the hubbster, who then phoned to check it was me and I was who I said I was. I reeled off my name and where his birthmark was for good measure, apparently I passed the test. Ordered a book called braiding sweetgrass off the dreaded amazon (second hand) as DD2 was given a voucher and she doesn't want anything so traded money for it.
    We need to start emptying the freezers of all the produce we grew last year and the batched cooked meals ready for this years influx of produce. Some will be ok but the unmarked stuff and the brown looking not sure what it is stuff may hold a few interesting and entertaining meals.  Right off to make soup with leeks and pots from the allotment and then hopefully order my shoes
    CRx

• the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    The hubbster now has covid, it seems to be never ending and hard to see the postive in each new day. DD2 is really cross at him as her birthday is next week and we may have to cancel.Doesn't make sense to us but it does in her head. I'm currently testing negative but my throat is now sore and I ache so I suspect I may be heading in that direction. Nipped to the allotment to put the potatoes in so we don't fall behind, just sprayed (antibacterial) everything afterwards incase FIL goes up. Managed to pick lots of rhubarb to make crumble this morning. 
    CRx
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, Rabbit, covid really does seem never-ending, you're right.  I hope you don't have it too, it's just a cold or something, but that sounds like wishful thinking when OH actually has it, doesn't it :( 

Am determined to take some time to pick some rhubarb next week, the leaves on my well-established plant are practically at waist height!  

Good luck with DD2's birthday.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,902 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your husband CR, I hope he makes a quick recovery. Unfortunately your symptoms don’t sound promising - but if it is, I hope it passes quickly for you.

My potatoes went in on Friday - it sounds like it was the weekend for it. Karma, that rhubarb definitely needs pulling!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Options
    themadvix said:
    Karma, that rhubarb definitely needs pulling!
    Will do  :D sorry  :D 
  • themadvix
    Options
    Karmacat said:
    themadvix said:
    Karma, that rhubarb definitely needs pulling!
    Will do  :D sorry  :D 
    I don't think you have to apologise! :lol:

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Options
    😎😁🌞😾🦄🐔🦔🐣🎈

Once I started, I couldn't stop  :D
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Have you pulled that rhubarb yet KARMACAT? I have covid, just a bad cough and achy in a few places. Spent my time sowing seeds (4 types of squash, sage, chives, basil and 3 trays of leeks) and potting on cabbages. I was going to pick and dry the oreagno but I ran out of steam and even the glass of wine didn't help Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow.The hubbster although ill is seriously thinking about how he can bring his retirement forward or how he can go part time in the future. He has no plan other than us paying the mortgage down and then probably down sizing within the next 5 years as we no longer need a big house. He is looking at how we can utilise the allotment more as most of our money goes on food, well it was until the gas and electric went up. His only eating veggie during the week is going really well and has probably saved us about £10 a month although with price rises this isn't something I'm seeing in the food bill. I suppose the main thing is keeping at the same level rather than going up. Other than that not alot happening here for obvious reasons
    CRx
  • themadvix
    Options
    Take care both of you! I think that’s where Mr MV is with work - he’d like to pay mortgage off and then stack shelves (this would last five minutes, but it’s the thought of freedom that counts).

I’m looking forward to using the allotment to minimise the food bill - unfortunately, so far it’s costing a lot on the hobby bill! 🤣

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback