The Great Cheap, Safe Fireworks Hunt

Options

Comments

• pt2006
    pt2006 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    5thElement wrote:
    Prices all seem normal to me but then again i dont remember the prices of them years back lol hasn't everything got more expensive? lol

For the person who requested a scan of the Asda pricelist, i dont have a scanner, but i've just taken a couple of photos of it :)

The front page

asdafrontxz5.th.jpg

The inside

asdainsidehu9.th.jpg

Cheers! :D
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    We bought some tonight in Homebase, £8.99 for a box of 14 fireworks BOGOF so 28 in all and they also had a glostick for some reason in the box :confused: , these dont have loud bangs and are ideal for small children, as our 3yr Daughter dosent like loud bangs these should be ideal.
  • George_Bray
    Options
    Within the Asda price list posted by 5th Element, for example, there is a 'Spitfire Blitz' display firework for £40 each. I suggest this is serious, rip-off money. You could find return flights to a sunshine destination for two people at this web site for less money than that. What do you think the price out of the factory or wholesaler in China would be? Probably just £1-£2. Somebody along the supply chain is making excessive profits. Anyway, my main point is that a display firwework similar to 'Spitfire Blitz' with perhaps 300 bangs (I doubt if Spitfire Blitz is that large) would have cost only around £5.99 or £6.99 in the mid-90s. Inflation has been low since then and cannot explain a price hike from those prices up to £40. Government tax (import duty) or what?

Regards
    George
  • 5thElement_2
    Options
    Jeez, stop whining! nearly every single product you buy has a hugely inflated price, be it food, clothes, cars, computers, dvd's, everything!

I also seriously doubt a multi shot firework with as many as 300 shots would of only cost 6 quid! do you have any proof to back up this claim?

If your not interested in buying fireworks or posting information about deals on fireworks, please stop posting altogether, make a seperate thread if you feel the need to moan about them. This isn't the place.
  • jinkssick
    jinkssick Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To be honest theyre isnt a place better than Lidl's. Not only have I experienced them, but they are reliable and cheap. This year I spent £30. Thats a one off payment for me.
    Save saynoto0870.com in your favorites, and stop giving companies more £££ dialling 0870 numbers when you can dial freephones or cheaper alternatives
    call your credit card company, tell them that you want to leave, 99% of the time theyll lower your APR%
    Remember when that Bank Manager or Salesperson smiles at you, all he sees is £ notes. Dont forget the motto, "the wider their grin, the more debt your in"
  • john01727
    Options
    Just been to Homebase, they have 3 bogof offers, a small box of fireworks about 14 for £10, small selection of rockets (about 7 I thnk) for £7 and a pack of 4 large fireworks that shot a number of stars up from it for £10. Also today it's 10% off everything. I brought the box and the pack of 4 and got one free of each and it came to £18. Not bad as I'm sure these will last for a could 45mins which is just long enough I think.
  • Dunc6
    Dunc6 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Quite a few good offers here :
    http://www.latifs.co.uk
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    For anyone who can get into a JTF warehouse their fireworks are bargain prices. We had some last year and they were of fantastic quality!! The rockets were the best we have ever had! Download the fireworks brochure from this link:

http://www.jtf-wholesale.co.uk/guest/cat/FirewHall06.pdf
  • 5thElement_2
    Options
    The JTF catalogue is 31mb! no chance of me d/l that on dial up lol

Latifs has some great offers, just a pity theres none of their shops near me :(
  • George_Bray
    Options
    5thElement wrote:
    Jeez, stop whining! nearly every single product you buy has a hugely inflated price, be it food, clothes, cars, computers, dvd's, everything!I also seriously doubt a multi shot firework with as many as 300 shots would of only cost 6 quid! do you have any proof to back up this claim?
    If your not interested in buying fireworks or posting information about deals on fireworks, please stop posting altogether, make a seperate thread if you feel the need to moan about them. This isn't the place.

I'm surprised at your response to my previous message. This website is about value for money isn't it? Some people don't like discussing money. If that's you, why are you here? I'm not whining. I'm asking a serious question about the huge price increase in fireworks over the past few years. If you don't know the answer, why not keep quiet? It's simply not true that 'nearly every product you buy has a hugely inflated price'. Many, many Chinese imports remain an absolute bargain, e.g DVD players for £20 and thousands of other examples. So why should a single firework cost £40? I'm not mistaken. Less than 10 years ago, a firework like that would have cost nearer £5.99 or £6.99. Does anyone know the reason, please?

Regards
    George
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family