Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Oh no Fortune, what a trauma, but I'm pleased you've got people coming to help you.

Rest up,
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sending you lots of positive vibes.
    Having had cracked ribs I know how sore it is :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • selloptape
    selloptape Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ouch!!! Hope you!!!8217;re feeling better soon :)
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you lovely peeps. It looks as though the pop was muscular rather than skeletal so things are not quite as bad as they could have been. The intense pain I had on Sunday night must have been the muscle going into spasm but a couple of days of anti-inflammatories and rest have seen off the worst now I think.

Friend walked FDawg twice for me yesterday and my lovely neighbours delivered a recovery package of painkillers, soup, yoghurt and daffodils :)

I've been able to walk FDawg myself today and we ran into some of his doggy chums for the first time in ages so he is a happy puppy.

I had to throw some food away whilst I was ill. Mainly salad and milk. Largely because my meal plan went out the window and I had no appetite. I hate having to do that though so today I investigated the fridge and menu planned to use up anything sulky. I have Jami£ Oliv£r's Baked Cod with Avocado in the oven as I type :A Not sure how the avocado survived this long but it was just about salvegeable and I thought it would be ok if cooked. One lonely cod fillet from the freezer put to good use :)

I did a smallish on-line grocery shop to bolster existing supplies so came in about £30 under budget for this week.

Tomorrow I shall try and get some washing done. The laundry baskets are overflowing and Mr F will be back from a two week business trip with more on Friday.

I know I still need to take it easy and I particularly want to avoid doing any more damage to my muscles. However, recovery time is looking a little more positive now.

And there was a little sunshine today :D

Hope the sun was shining on you too

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    Options
    Take care.
    Sunshine is always good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Fortune :) okay, that's better news, that was a scary time, I should think! Avoiding muscle damage is a *very* good plan.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Take care.
    Sunshine is always good :)

It makes such a difference doesn't it Beanie. Shame there hasn't been more of it recently.
    Karmacat wrote: »
    Hi Fortune :) okay, that's better news, that was a scary time, I should think! Avoiding muscle damage is a *very* good plan.

It was a bit scary Karma - I am very pleased to be on the mend.

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    At last I can feel my health returning :D Time to take stock:

Make and Save Pennies
    • I've been setting aside my Tilly Tidies to pay against the mortgage when I reach the minimum amount allowed
    • the last payment towards DS1's house desposit has been made :j
    • the emergency fund has gone down a little due to some unexpected extra costs on the barn work
    • there is a little in the budget for furnishings this month :)
    • I was approached by my bank about possible compensation due to me under the Plevin rule so I claimed and now have a cheque for £500 to pay in :T That will help bolster the emergency fund
    • Mark$ & $pencer sent me a £10 voucher for socks for my birthday this month :T Very timely as I've worn holes in about four pairs of my old ones and had to throw them out. I've ordered a pack of five
    • I've menu planned for the week and shouldn't have to throw out any more food
    • the fun money for this month is in tact as I haven't been having any fun :rotfl:

Stay Well

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    • I did manage to take FDawg for his full walk this morning
    • and I've had a proper lunch of baked eggs in avocado with diced pancetta, cherry tomatoes and cheese. That sounds so gourmet :rotfl: but it was thrown together to use up sulky veg.

Have Fun

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I do have a couple of things to look forward to though:
    • a colleague of Mr F's who lives locally has invited us to go out for dinner the weekend after this one
    • all the kids are coming to stay for Easter
    • I have lots of people to catch up with.

I'm going to concentrate on essentials chores for the rest of this week. Then hopefully I can get back to Baying and progressing the big goals next week.

Keep your fingers crossed for me :kiss:

Fortune x
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy new socks :)
    Great news on the 500 quid.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I too got the m&s voucher. I did wonder what socks would cost £10. It hadn't occurred to me to buy a multipack
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback