So poor I can't even pay attention

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,738 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Oh no at the chocolate disasters! :eek: :eek: :eek: I suspect molten chocolate and broken pyrex travel about as far as broken glass bottles and olive oil did when I dropped them in the queue at the Co-op the other day :o :rotfl: At least I didn't have to clean them up though (or pay for them :D)
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh no at the chocolate disasters! :eek: :eek: :eek: I suspect molten chocolate and broken pyrex travel about as far as broken glass bottles and olive oil did when I dropped them in the queue at the Co-op the other day :o :rotfl: At least I didn't have to clean them up though (or pay for them :D)

Oh I'm going to like you Cheery!

I can imagine oil goes a long way and takes just as long, if not longer to clear up. I'll wager the cleaner was thrilled :rotfl:I've noticed some lovely set splatters of chocolate up the kitchen cupboards this morning, missed them in the artificial light last night. Lovely...time to crawl around the floor scraping off chocolate that can't be eaten, surely there's some sort of law about that...

At least I didn't have the red face, even though it's an accident I always feel horrendously guilty if something similar happens to me. I get the same feeling if there's a queue behind me at the checkout. Why?

Piq
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Piq, I think I remember you. Weird isn't it I remember the Captain.....but then I was always more an animal person...oops. Well welcome back anyway. I hope that you find the career of your dreams this year.
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Sambucus_Nigra
    Options
    45 grand of debt paid off. That's f'kin amazing. Well done.
    If you haven't got it - please don't flaunt it. TIA.
  • Piquant_2
    Options
    chevalier wrote: »
    Hey Piq, I think I remember you. Weird isn't it I remember the Captain.....but then I was always more an animal person...oops. Well welcome back anyway. I hope that you find the career of your dreams this year.
    chev

Hi Chev

Actually I'm more of an animal person too.

The Captain has been suffering in the cold spell, his back legs are stiff, he's finding it hard to get down to roll. I don't like to watch him totter around. He still found enough momentum to chase a hapless chicken out of his paddock this morning though!

He's currently wearing borrowed thermal boots to help with the stiffness, however, he's never worn boots before, hasn't needed them as he has his own built in Ugg boots (very hairy horse). He walks around in them as if he wearing a dirty nappy. :rotfl:Giving me as many disdainful glares as he can muster.

Already he is a lot more fluid in his walk, so it's either the raise in temperature or the embarrassing leg warmers...

Piq

• Piquant_2
    Options
    45 grand of debt paid off. That's f'kin amazing. Well done.

Thank you! Not easy, but once you get used to it, you can go without things you thought essential. I still miss my daily coffee and croissant, but it was 3.50 a pop. Instead I threw it at the debt. I wish I could say that my waistline went down with the lack of croissant, it didn't. See, I told you it wasn't easy!

Piq

• Itsadogslife_2
    Options
    Ha ha, another animal lover here, I am sure I remember the captain.... :D
    Just keep swimming!
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Piquant, I didn't know you in the former diary but Captain sounds like a treat. I used to use curcumin on my old boy to help his aged body. Sometimes you can get it really cheap in asian / oriental supermarkets - you only need 1/2 teaspoon.
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • Piquant_2
    Options
    missrlr wrote: »
    Hello Piquant, I didn't know you in the former diary but Captain sounds like a treat. I used to use curcumin on my old boy to help his aged body. Sometimes you can get it really cheap in asian / oriental supermarkets - you only need 1/2 teaspoon.

Hello missrir

Thank you for that. I've never heard of it, but I will look it up immediately. He takes green mussel extract (not that he is aware of it) and that seems to help. The Captain is 26, so it's to be expected that he will get stiffer as time goes on. Just before the really cold snap he was still jumping, so I'm not too worried.

I was worried whilst we were jumping, mind. Hurtling towards a 9 inch jump as fast as his hairy legs would allow, taking off with what felt like 3 foot to spare, already turning as we landed to do it again.....:eek:I hate jumping. I normally try to get a stunt double to take my place :rotfl:

Piq

• Piquant_2
    Options
    Did I mention that I won the Euro Millions on Friday? I have decided to throw it at my credit card debt, it’s not going to be a massive dent at 2.80, but I know it adds to the other tiny amounts and gradually whittles it away.I’ve also paid another 20.00 over, this came from eBay sales.

Today I’m baking shortbread hearts for my man pet. He is taking me out to dinner tonight. As I’ve said he is kind and generous and much to my horror, very romantic. Unfortunately, I don’t have a romantic bone in my body and lovey dovey stuff makes me cringe. However, I have been practicing romance, but I’ve only got the cat available at the moment, so I’ve been putting on a sexy voice and seductively asking him if he’d like Champagne with his Whiskas. Not at all sure it’s working on a cat, as he’s gulped down the meal and bolted for the cat flap.

Incidentally, the Whiskas is DFW, my man pet brings either a box of Whiskas pouches or a sack of carrots when he comes courting. I had to ask him to stop bringing chocolates each time he came over, as I was eating them! The blank look on his face was a picture!

I will make an effort and have picked out a pretty blue dress to wear, it will look much better once I’ve ironed it. I’m a little worried about wearing heels. I’ve been out of work for a while now and either wear slippers or riding boots. I don’t know how many of you remember !!!!!! Emery, but I suspect I will remind a few folk of him as I totter across the restaurant.

I have a poorly paid for a lot of work type of job to apply for today, I must apply for it as the closing date is the 17th. I rarely hear back on my applications, what happened to manners? Surely with email it is easy to send a template ‘thanks but no thanks’ mail. I hate the endless customising of my cv and the covering letter, it takes ages and it's so very disheartening to hear nothing at all. This is one of the reasons I want to change my career and work for myself, but that isn't easy either!

It's lunchtime so I'm off to lurk on other people's diaries now, perhaps I shall leap out and scare a few:)

Piq

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income