PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• peetzil39
    Options
    Have just totalled up my months spending, and can't quite believe it....I am UNDER budget :j has to be first time ever woohoo:j Total for Jan = £403.21 payday for me tomorrow. Am declaring £411.67 for Feb (worked out on spreadsheet budget planner!!!) so fingers crossed.
    Peetzil x
    CC 1 Halifax £4350(4.9%)
    CC 2 MBNA £6260 (5.4%)
    CC 3 Barclaycard 8500(0%)
    CC 4 Tesco £2500
    O/D £3000:eek:
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have managed a staggering 4 NSDs so I am feeling pleased with myself.

I have a query. What can I do with seven opened jars of jam? We had 14 jars of jam in the fridge when I cleaned out today.

My family don't eat jam on toast or in sandwiches, don't eat puddings except on Sundays. I have put some in a marinade for pork chops, made jam tarts but now I am stumped. Can you help me please?
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    brodie1 wrote: »
    Hope no one minds me asking but has anyone seen any offerson nonbio clothes wash? Now started my last one of loads I got from co op whenon bogof. Also any chicken fillets or portion offers
    Thankyou
    Brodei1

The best I've seen this week is Persil non-bio £4 for the 2.38kg box at Tesco (normally £6.xx).

According to mysupermarket, Asda's own version 4kg (£5.xx) comes up cheaper by weight, or Sainsburys has the Fairy 2.16kg box at £4.49.
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    peetzil39 wrote: »
    Have just totalled up my months spending, and can't quite believe it....I am UNDER budget :j has to be first time ever woohoo:j Total for Jan = £403.21 payday for me tomorrow. Am declaring £411.67 for Feb (worked out on spreadsheet budget planner!!!) so fingers crossed.
    Peetzil x

Well done!:T
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,880 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

A small spend of £2.36 today in C00p so off to update sig.

MrsM - please put me down for £400 in Feb.

Many thanks.

Coxy
    xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just updated my sig - had a Tesco delivery today - wasn't so much a case of needing it, as the offers (and a points code) making it worth spending some of next month's budget early.

I've counted what we'll use this week against this budget, and I'll knock the difference off next months when I declare at the weekend.

I'm left with about £10, but only a bit of milk to buy, so there shouldn't be any problems hitting target this month.

:)
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Just logged on to declare my Jan total £249.35, just made it by the skin of my teeth.:o

Can you please put me down for £250 for Feb please.

Good luck to everyone still to declare, my new month starts tomorrow so I will see you all over on the Feb thread when it starts.;)
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all!
    I am declaring at about £10 over budget for January - could have been worse I suppose and I do have a lot of meat, fish and veggie stuff in the freezer for next week.

February is a 4 week month for me (and most other people I suspect) so will set my target at £180 for the month of Feb please Mrs M (lovely to see you back).

I do have a few £4 off a £20 spend vouchers for Mr S so will probably be shopping there for the next few weeks.
    Need to do a meal plan for next week and start a list to go with it - I'm hoping its a teeny list but it never seems to be!
  • loopychriss
    Options
    poohbear59 wrote: »
    I have a query. What can I do with seven opened jars of jam? We had 14 jars of jam in the fridge when I cleaned out today.

My family don't eat jam on toast or in sandwiches, don't eat puddings except on Sundays. I have put some in a marinade for pork chops, made jam tarts but now I am stumped. Can you help me please?

How about making a Victoria Sponge cake and putting jam in the middle? I'm not quite that bad, only have 3 opened jars but we do eat it on bread. I make my own jam and marmalade and have about 14 jars in the garage, but they've not been opened yet!
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    Well my Jan GC finishes tomorrow and I will not be near a shop until after that so I am declaring my total at £128.13 which is only a little over.

I wouldn't have gone over but for the woopsies at Waitrose on Sunday and at Asda tonight I got 2 x 5kg bags of potatoes for 35p each, couldn't leave them in the shop I'm afraid.

Need to go make pizzas now so weill see you all later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure