Reclaim CPP article discussion

Options

Comments

• EBG
    EBG Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Sent my forms of to CPP on 4th March. They confirmed they received my claim on the 11th March and today received a cheque for £295.89. Very happy indeed and would like to thank everyone for posting their success stories as they have been very encouraging.
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sent mine 6th March and got my letter yesterday with a cheque for £305.

Was expecting more as I believe I've been paying £6.99 since January 2005 until they cancelled it in March 2014.

I will dig out some old credit card statements and see when it started as I may be mistaken.

Overall though very happy as have received over 10k with all my ppi complaint.
  • mobile73
    mobile73 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only sent my forms in a couple of weeks ago but today received a cheque for £225. They are obviously processing much quicker now the initial rush has been cleared.
  • mobile73
    Options
    Does anyone happen to have a copy of the original First Direct leaflet from around 1997? Given the tough stance HSBC are taking I would like to be able to quote exactly what I believed I was signing up to and why.
  • JimmyJames1976
    Options
    For what it's worth, I wanted to state that my refund has been received. :)

I wrote a letter to Natwest regarding my premiums from 1999 to 2005, and they replied very quickly and sent a cheque within a few days of their initial reply.

CPP took longer to turn things around, but were within the 8 weeks they estimated.
    I did decide to call them when I thought they had taken a little longer than 8 weeks (in light of various people saying theirs were turned around quickly) and I was told the actual date CPP received my forms. It was a fair amount of time later than I had assumed. I guess the date I posted them, and the date they got loaded onto the CPP system were a good week or two apart, probably due to the high volumes they had dealt with in that time.

I guess the message from me is to clarify the date CPP loaded your forms onto their system, and to use that date as the start date for the 8 weeks, rather than getting worried like I did!

In all my dealings with CPP they were very helpful. I called them right at the start to refresh my memory as to when I took the policy. They gave me year by year info on the premiums that I paid pre 2005 which helped validate the amount Natwest paid me back.

The agent I spoke to recently sounded a lot more weary, but I guess they have been busy for weeks now!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mobile73 wrote: »
    Does anyone happen to have a copy of the original First Direct leaflet from around 1997? Given the tough stance HSBC are taking I would like to be able to quote exactly what I believed I was signing up to and why.
    You don't need this kind of "evidence" (which I doubt will be forthcoming from anyone 17 years on), what you need is a robust mis-selling complaint.
    A few posts on here bemoaning a lack of success with HSBC does not indicate that every CPP complaint they receive is being rejected.
  • mobile73
    Options
    You don't need this kind of "evidence" (which I doubt will be forthcoming from anyone 17 years on), what you need is a robust mis-selling complaint.
    A few posts on here bemoaning a lack of success with HSBC does not indicate that every CPP complaint they receive is being rejected.

I get that, however to have a robust claim (or them a counter claim), presenting the terms and basis that I was sold this on can only help the case. Whilst a few rejections is obviously not the full story, it is telling that there is not a single success story with HSBC either which does not give much cause for optimism.
  • AmberBee
    AmberBee Posts: 7 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I know I had a CPP policy but I hadn't had a letter so I contacted CPP on the phone number. They confirmed that I had a policy from Feb 2002 until Feb 2005 but apparently no payments were made after Jan 2005 so it takes me out of the claims period. I cancelled it as both myself and my husband had a policy so it was duplicated AND we were both persuaded that it gave us loads of cover if card was stolen etc.
    They gave me the policy number and it was with capital one, so am wondering if I should write or call capital one? Any advice anyone.
  • sazmo
    sazmo Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I called CPP. Was told I took out CPP with Columbus Travel (probably correct although this was a long time ago - over 10 years). They gave me a number for Columbus 0800 0680060. I spoke to someone last week who said they would email me - this didn't happen. Phoned again today nd the operator didn't know what I was talking about. Anybody else have similar experience?
  • tux900
    tux900 Posts: 410 Forumite
    edited 2 May 2014 at 2:51PM
    Options
    mobile73 wrote: »

Ask First Direct for copy. They should be able to provide one as it will form the rationale behind their defence of the claim.

Remember that recollection, or not, of the original sales pitch does not change whether you may have been missold in the first place. Indeed, to many, it is only widespread publicity over the last couple of years that have highlighted the malpractice of some providers.

I've got a leaflet for HSBC from 1998 but it is unlikely to be of use in your particular case as they could well have been marketed slightly differently between HSBC and FD, and even between the two years.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure