Mary Berry Christmas Cake Mix - Tesco's - NOW £2!!

Options

Comments

• J20BABY
    J20BABY Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Down to 3pounds in my local.
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Options
    might bake another..... hehe
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • scottishchick27
    Options
    £3 in Elgin too, lots left as you go in the door.
    :j little fire cracker born 5th November 2012 :j
  • CAPTAINBLONDECHICK
    Options
    £3 in my Express in B*lfast
  • libbieb
    libbieb Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    £3 in She*fie*d too and buns down to £2.50
  • mazza245
    mazza245 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone help me just get this straight - is it a different pack for the cupcakes or do you just make either a large cake or the cupcakes with the same mixture? We don't have a Tesco anywhere near us (can you believe it!) but we went 25 miles to one yesterday and they had the Mary Berry cake mix for £5 but OH wouldn't let me buy one - he said I could make it myself as I have recipes for christmas cake by the dozen. If the cupcake mix is a different pack, could someone kindly tell me what the amounts of each ingredient are and a vague idea of method so I can make them at least? Please? The only alternative is to go back the journey we took yesterday which is a pain when there's so much to do now!

TIA.
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There's a cupcake kit and a christmas cake kit. I've only bought the christmas cake kit so can't help with the ingredients for the cupcakes.

To be honest, you wouldn't be able to buy the ingredients for the christmas cake for less than £5, so you should have over-ruled your husband! :rotfl:
  • morphfree
    Options
    Thanks for this got the cake mix today...:j:D:j
  • Pacha
    Pacha Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    Just wondering what the iceing is like as my hub doesnt like a hard icing but a more soft icing, i know some christmas cakes have a hard crispy icing, and if this kit is like that how can i make it softer, was years since i iced a cake like this ,

oh and my cake took h-o-u-r-s :o, i had to cook it in the bottom of the oven, its an old aga, omg it went in at 2pm and didnt come out until 3AM !!! but it looks really lovely, have wrapped it in grease proof paper/tin foil and left it in a tin, ill marzipan & ice next week, can't wait to taste it

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmassign:
    :wave:

• MrsMop
    MrsMop Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mazza - the packs loook really similar but the cupcakes is a different pack for £2.50. Can let you know ingredients if you want as ive got one here?
    Good Enough Club Member No 39

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport