Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Mary Berry Christmas Cake Mix - Tesco's - NOW £2!! - Page 32

New Post Advanced Search

Mary Berry Christmas Cake Mix - Tesco's - NOW £2!!

edited 7 December 2011 at 10:29PM in Gone Off!
581 replies 115.3K views

Replies

• Thanks for the heads up on this one! Sainsburys have also reduced their Taste the difference cake baking kit to £2, but with theirs you have to buy the icing kit seperately, so Tesco's Mary Berry is a much better deal.

Also bought the Mary Berry cupcake set for £2.50.

Cheap way of keeping the children entertained on Monday next week, we'll be busy baking!

Yeah
  • bought this today and it's currently in the oven! very easy to make (as you would expect!) and smelt gorgeous. hope it cooks ok that's my only concern as i havent baked a cake in this oven before (usually stick to tarts and cookies etc). thanks for the heads up re the price OP as it was still POS'd up at £5 in my store this morning!
    Car Boot Queen!!

Clothes Golden Rule: Never pay full price unless it is an utter bargain in the first place!
    Sales, boots, charity shops, ebay- why would anyone ever pay full price for anything??!
  • Bought mine for £3 this morning in Liverpool city centre store and just made it into 2 smaller cakes for 2 OAP neighbours. Smelt absolutely divine when cooking. Might go and buy another kit if they have them in my local store and make one for me.
  • I bought 4 kits in the end, will bake them all and freeze the extra 3 one to be brought out for o/h birthday one for my birthday and the other for next Xmas :)
    Anyone can cuddle but only the Welsh can cwtch :)
  • how long do frozen fruit cakes last for?? am tempted to get another if i can cook it and freeze it for next year!
    Car Boot Queen!!

Clothes Golden Rule: Never pay full price unless it is an utter bargain in the first place!
    Sales, boots, charity shops, ebay- why would anyone ever pay full price for anything??!
  • 5 hours later I've just taken mine out of the oven. Didn't want to cook!
  • butterfly2001butterfly2001 Forumite
    3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    realise hope i get to pick one up soon
    A big thank you to all those who post on the forum and make it a worthwhile place!!!:j

• luxor4tluxor4t Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Large display on the way in at Fforestfach this evening.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • I've just cooked mine and I used one of those tins that have a removable bottom, think it's supposed to be for a cheesecake. It looks fine but there was a bit of oil leaked onto the tray below which must be some butter. Ah well there will be less calories per slice :D
    :j little fire cracker born 5th November 2012 :j
  • kalcide wrote: »
    5 hours later I've just taken mine out of the oven. Didn't want to cook!
    omg i hope mine hurries up its just been in for over 4 hours but the skewer didnt come out clean- really hope it doesnt take another hour! im sooo tired!
    Car Boot Queen!!

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support