Cupcake Birthday / Celebration cake idea!

Hiya x

I thought I would share this idea as it looked so fab.

I was out the other night for a meal and it was a ladies birthday in the restuarant. When the waiting staff brought the cake out she had this amazing looking cupcake stand full of cupcakes as her birthday cake and it looked amazing.

It looked a bit like this

med_7374.jpg
4108.jpg

It was just brilliant and I thought what a fab idea - especially for me as I cannot cook to save my life.

Hope this helps someone.

Alison x

Here a few sites that sell the stands

CLICK £29.99 holds 23 cakes

CLICK £15.95 holds 13 cakes

Hire this one for £10 CLICK
:heart2:Mum to my little Daisy 3 and Archie 1.:heart2:

Comments

• we are having a cupcake wedding cake!
    we havent picked the exact design but we have decided we are definitely having it...
    something like one of these
    http://www.aboutthecake.com/cupcake_towers.htm

so simple but if done right can be so stunning
    and as we will be doing it ourselves, so MSE too!
  • alison6692
    alison6692 Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Aww thats lovely x

Please post some pics when you are done - I would love to see it.

Alison x
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    we are having a cupcake wedding cake!
    we havent picked the exact design but we have decided we are definitely having it...
    something like one of these
    http://www.aboutthecake.com/cupcake_towers.htm

so simple but if done right can be so stunning
    and as we will be doing it ourselves, so MSE too!
    They are amazing and absolutely brilliant for people to have a choice at a function, could even include some wheat free ones as well!!! :T:T
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Yes love those, been craving a stand but so expensive! :D

Have you seen the cakes baked in ice-cream cones? I've made them, they worked out amazingly. Will look for a pic....

Here.... http://fancyflours.wordpress.com/2007/06/

You just bake them in the cone instead of the paper liner, I shoved flakes into mine when done, they were very popular. I took some across to the road to my friends children and a guy in a traffic jam begged me for one rofl :D
    "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."- Samuel Butler
  • mumoftwo
    mumoftwo Posts: 1,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes love those, been craving a stand but so expensive! :D

Have you seen the cakes baked in ice-cream cones? I've made them, they worked out amazingly. Will look for a pic....

Here.... http://fancyflours.wordpress.com/2007/06/

You just bake them in the cone instead of the paper liner, I shoved flakes into mine when done, they were very popular. I took some across to the road to my friends children and a guy in a traffic jam begged me for one rofl :D

Good Fairy, how did you make them. do you just pour the batter in the cones and bake as normal? Do they not burn? And will they stand up on the tray?

they look so good, really yummy
  • mumoftwo
    mumoftwo Posts: 1,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    alison6692 wrote: »
    Hiya x

4108.jpg

It was just brilliant and I thought what a fab idea - especially for me as I cannot cook to save my life.

Hope this helps someone.

Alison x

Here a few sites that sell the stands

CLICK £29.99 holds 23 cakes

CLICK £15.95 holds 13 cakes

Hire this one for £10 CLICK

do you think these stands will be big enough to hold muffin size cakes? Or just small cupcakes..?
  • alison6692
    I think just cupcakes x

Goodfairy - How do you make those ice cream cones?

Thanks x Alison x
  • You just spoon the batter into the cone and bake it in there. I was amazed too, but the cones didn't burn, they just came out exactly the same.

You need the ones with flat bottoms though :D I filled them about 1 third full, the cakes rose to be flat with the top of the cone. I made an icing with some philly in it, so its nice and stiff and then piped it into ice-cream type swirls.

Then I shoved a flake into the sponge a little and put some sprinkles on.

I really mess with my boys heads, candles that look like cakes and cakes that look like ice-creams :D

I am slightly obsessed with cupcakes, here is a link to my favourite cupcake blog, some really interesting recipes on there.....

http://cupcakeblog.com/index.php
    "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."- Samuel Butler
  • alison6692
    I love cupcakes too x

My babies nursery has a polka dot cupcake theme - shameless showing off of pics HERE

Love Alison x
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I love these ones on that site Good Fairy! :T:T

Edit: LOL I'm a huge fan of Crafster now, and just found these TMNT cupcakes!
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure