Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    Annoying that you can't simply download and print the application form to send off. like other Building Societies.
    What an efficient and cost effective way to run a business in 2018 :rotfl:

Sending out (and paying for print/postage) of a booklet and form, probably to only receive a small fraction of them back, when they could easily put the form online to print, or even make it an online form.

Especially odd since one of the account selling points is "Manage your account online"!
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 3 August 2018 at 10:44AM
    Options
    liamcov wrote: »
    I can't see that one on their website - is it closed now for new customers?

Yes. It has been replaced by the new Issue 2, which runs for one year, allows monthly payments of £250 and has a 2.5% interest rate.

You can open an Issue 2 account if you already have to previous 2 year 2% monthly regular saver.
  • JamesRobinson48
    Options
    Virgin Money - Store RS scoop!?

I just took a phone call from an employee of my local Virgin Money "store", to the effect that a new Store RS is to be launched tomorrow 3rd August: usual deal except for the interest rate which will be ... 3.0%!

I pass this rumour on for what it's worth, i.e. hopefully will transpire but not necessarily entirely reliable. Perhaps others are getting similar calls from their regular contacts in VM?
  • sjp999
    sjp999 Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 August 2018 at 11:02PM
    Options
    Not confirmation as such but I've just made an appointment for tomorrow to open a new branch Regular Saver, lass on the phone knew I had the previous version so it sounds like the launch tomorrow (confirmed) may well be for an RS.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    glider3560 wrote: »
    What an efficient and cost effective way to run a business in 2018 :rotfl:

Sending out (and paying for print/postage) of a booklet and form, probably to only receive a small fraction of them back, when they could easily put the form online to print, or even make it an online form.

Especially odd since one of the account selling points is "Manage your account online"!

Yes exactly. We are fortunate to have a local YBS brand so I opened mine in branch which fortunately was empty this afternoon. Even though he could see all of my details online he still had to read me out all of the blurb, print forms off and even then he could not take any cash off me - I still had to take the new book to the counter to add money.
    Anyway all I have to do is to set up the standing order now
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Might make a trip to London with my wife to open the Virgin 3% regular saver if it's confirmed.

I've open numerous online regular savers with Virgin but but have never opened the Branch version.

Does anyone know what happens at maturity? Do I have to visit a branch to close it or can I do it by post or online?
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Might make a trip to London with my wife to open the Virgin 3% regular saver if it's confirmed.

I've open numerous online regular savers with Virgin but but have never opened the Branch version.

Does anyone know what happens at maturity? Do I have to visit a branch to close it or can I do it by post or online?

I go to the branch on the maturity date, or the day after in case there are problems, to close the account and ask for the proceeds to be paid by FP to my bank account. I imagine you can do the same thing by letter.

Going the day after got me an extra 9p in interest! :)
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

I send them a letter about a week before maturity with my bank account details and have always received the proceeds on the day of maturity so pretty efficient.
  • djd1965
    djd1965 Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    I send them a letter about a week before maturity with my bank account details and have always received the proceeds on the day of maturity so pretty efficient.

So for the Virgin regular saver branch version, do you only need to visit a branch once?
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    djd1965 wrote: »
    So for the Virgin regular saver branch version, do you only need to visit a branch once?

Yes just to open the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport