Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• maneek
    maneek Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2014 at 7:37PM
    Options
    vaughan.dj wrote: »
    This is the kind of inside knowledge we all need. I guess its all just a big waste of time in some ways. The airlines just have everyone over a barrel!!
    Also the big companies have such a monopoly - you think your travelling with one company and find its all part of TUI!
    Thanks anyway, still going to send off the complaint for First Choice just to give them something to do in their office.

Im not even going to put another letter. They will send it to the wrong address again. And Im not going to complain to Spanish authorities its a waste of time. I checked the event of my flight on flightstatus and Thomson knew the plane would be delayed at 1317 (we were duing to take off from LPA at 2025) so surely they hadnt done enough to minimise the delay. Thomson is the worst offender. They are so rude. They send the same letter to all customers. Im taking my case to NWNF company as I am too busy right now to deal on my own. That regulation is usless, basically, it exsists buy no company takes it for granted.
  • vaughan.dj
    Options
    Thanks everyone
    Think its going to be the NWNF. I just dont have time or the knowledge to really deal with the court case stuff. Does anyone know the "real" success rate with these kind of companies? any company recommendations? what cost, have heard 25% + vat mentioned.
    Thanks again
  • Gorbar
    Gorbar Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    I put the above into the hands of a NWNF, the reason for the delay, loss of cabin pressure. I have been told by them that I do not have a case. The views of others would be appreciated
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gorbar wrote: »
    I put the above into the hands of a NWNF, the reason for the delay, loss of cabin pressure. I have been told by them that I do not have a case. The views of others would be appreciated

The identity of the NWNF may be an indication of why the comment that you do not have a case is mentioned. Post or PM me if you wish.
  • bigmama1
    Options
    Help! Just had my form returned from CCMCC for the 2nd time! It's due to the calculation of my claim from euros to sterling. I thought I'd finally did it correctly as I took the figure from MSE quote based on mid January 2014 i.e 1.21 euro to £1. Unfortunately I also quoted as per MSE article "rounded to nearest £10.00". I should not have included the last "nearest £10.00". In the returned CCMCC letter received today, I've been told to amend again! They are informing me that the mid January rate fluctuated between 1.2005 and 1.2128 Eros to sterling! I'm getting very confused! I expect I should just return my form with a letter leaving off "rounded to the nearest £10.00? As my claim form has now been returned twice there is not much room to amend figures. I don't want to use tippex as I will most probably have it returned again! My delay was 4th December 2010. Should my compensation rate euro to sterling be as from 4th December 2010? I just want to get the form back correctly. Thanks for your help ASAP please!
  • nicki_d987
    Options
    Hi everyone,

So a couple of weeks ago I received an N24 from my court asking Thomson to provide a further particularised defence by 4pm yesterday else their defence currently filed will stand automatically struck out.

I phoned the court this morning, and they said that after that letter was sent, they received a letter from Thomson asking for a stay based on Huzar. My judge then wrote to them again and said they still needed to provide a further defence, as per his original order (ie by 24/02/14) only at which point would he consider a stay application. (Love my judge!) Nothing further has been received

The lady on the phone said I can request a judgement using Form N244, but I'm a little confused TBH:(

I wasn't copied into the stay letter from Thomson, nor the reply letter from the judge, so am just going off what a lady on the end of the phone told me. If I fill out this form I don't know how much detail I should go into on the evidence in support of my application, or whether I request a hearing, and how long that hearing will take. Also the lady mentioned sending a fee, but didn't state how much it would be.

Basically, I don't want to do the wrong thing, so any advice is appreciated!

Nicki
  • Gorbar
    Gorbar Posts: 111 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2014 at 12:28PM
    Options
    We've conducted a full re-investigation into this incident, and have come to the conclusion that the case is only 30-35% likely to succeed in court.
    Many thanks KAB. Above is what EU delay told me.
    Below is what Thomson informed me of
    I can see from our internal airline reports that your flight was affected by a delay of 5 hours and 55 minutes as a result of a delay on the previous flight. This flight was diverted to London Gatwick due to issues with cabin pressurisation in-flight. An alternative aircraft was sent out for your flight as a result.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bigmama1 wrote: »
    Help! Just had my form returned from CCMCC for the 2nd time! It's due to the calculation of my claim from euros to sterling. I thought I'd finally did it correctly as I took the figure from MSE quote based on mid January 2014 i.e 1.21 euro to £1. Unfortunately I also quoted as per MSE article "rounded to nearest £10.00". I should not have included the last "nearest £10.00". In the returned CCMCC letter received today, I've been told to amend again! They are informing me that the mid January rate fluctuated between 1.2005 and 1.2128 Eros to sterling! I'm getting very confused! I expect I should just return my form with a letter leaving off "rounded to the nearest £10.00? As my claim form has now been returned twice there is not much room to amend figures. I don't want to use tippex as I will most probably have it returned again! My delay was 4th December 2010. Should my compensation rate euro to sterling be as from 4th December 2010? I just want to get the form back correctly. Thanks for your help ASAP please!

Yes - use the exchange for the date of the delay. On 4/12/10, one Euro was worth 85.00p exactly (or as near as).
  • CobyBenson
    Options
    nicki_d987 wrote: »
    The lady on the phone said I can request a judgement using Form N244, but I'm a little confused TBH:(

Nicki,

I wouldn't bother using Form N244 in the first instance.

Simply send a letter to the court pointing out that the defendant has failed to comply with the previous order and ask the judge to make an 'unless order'.

An unless order will mean that 'unless' the Defendant does [x] by [y] then their defence will automatically be struck out and you'll be entitled to enter judgment for the full amount against them.

If the judge insists on a formal application then come back here for help on how to fill out form N244.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gorbar wrote: »
    We've conducted a full re-investigation into this incident, and have come to the conclusion that the case is only 30-35% likely to succeed in court.
    Above is what EU delay told me.
    Below is what Thomson informed me of
    I can see from our internal airline reports that your flight was affected by a delay of 5 hours and 55 minutes as a result of a delay on the previous flight. This flight was diverted to London Gatwick due to issues with cabin pressurisation in-flight. An alternative aircraft was sent out for your flight as a result.

I would have thought you stand a damn good chance and not wishing to dispute EU Delay's comment there is a firm who often help with queries who post on this forum. Indeed there is a post two places below yours which may be a good point of contact. If they say you have Foxtrot Alpha chance as well then maybe you should forget it!?!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback