PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Lodger wanting to cook

Options

Comments

• Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ajak81 wrote: »
    You are very quick to judge Red squirrel. Here you are with your pitchforks ready to be judge jury and executioner.

How can you even form a basic opinion on a few basic sentences? It's ridiculous. You don't know the OP you don't know the OP's tentants and you don't even know a small percentage of a small percentage of the entire story! So your criticism of the OP is unwarranted and unjustified
    But if you had a friend with lodgers who had violent spats with blood, tears, safe houses, police presence etc, would you really not suggest to them that it would be in the interest of their health and safety to change lodgers?

There is no justification for violence no matter how much she wound him up and no words you choose will ever, ever justify this course of action. Shame on you for suggesting so. By the way, you're not the lodger are you?
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    FreeBear wrote: »
    Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth - Kosh, Babylon 5.

I've got a thick skin, and I can stomach most things in my diet, even squirrel (suitably cooked of course) with a bottle of good wine. :D

I'd say 'its your funeral' but I'm too concerned that a funeral is a real possibility in this situation.

I hope you and your female lodger both see sense soon is all I'll add.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I'd say 'its your funeral' but I'm too concerned that a funeral is a real possibility in this situation.

Which brings up a very important question - In the event of my untimely demise, would a licence to occupy automatically become a tenancy, either AST or periodic ?
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    ajak81 wrote: »
    Have any of your friends ever said you've got a slight flair for the dramatic, an overactive imagination or that you worry too much at all by any chance?::D

Do you have any idea how many women are killed by their abusive partners or exes each year?

Its not dramatic, it happens far far too often.
  • FreeBear
    Options
    On the flip side - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-36330451

Meanwhile, all quiet on the eastern front - There was a minor alcohol fueled tiff that fizzled out pretty quick late last night. Cutting back on the beer & wine wouldn't hurt either of them.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    On the flip side - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-36330451

Meanwhile, all quiet on the eastern front - There was a minor alcohol fueled tiff that fizzled out pretty quick late last night. Cutting back on the beer & wine wouldn't hurt either of them.

Are you enjoying the drama?, maybe you think it's a bit like a live episode of a TV soap in your own home?

I just can't believe your happy to put up with this behavior from strangers in your own home. To most people they would be nightmare lodgers but you seem to think they are acceptable :rotfl:

But please do keep us updated i'm interested to see what level of behavior you actually draw the line at.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options

I'm sorry, but are you trying to suggest that the issue of women killing their male partners is somehow on the same scale as men killing their female partners?

That news story was posted in 2016, did you know that 78 women were murdered that year alone by their partner or ex? How many of them do you think made the headlines?

I'm starting to think you're quite enjoying the drama now. If this is even real. I certainly hope I never get so lonely that I start defending and making excuses for violent abusers just to have someone to talk to and something to post on MSE about.
  • FreeBear
    Options
    I'm sorry, but are you trying to suggest that the issue of women killing their male partners is somehow on the same scale as men killing their female partners?

Murder is still murder regardless of which sex is committing the crime. I do not condone it either way.

As for my two lodgers, they are very real. I do not "enjoy" having to intervene in their arguments, but do so in an attempt to prevent things turning nasty. If that means dialing 101 and asking for assistance, then that is what I'll do. Bloodshed is not acceptable regardless of who threw the punch. I will take steps to ensure that it doesn't happen again, and have already placed him on notice. If there is a repeat, the police will be called, I will ask for charges to be pressed, and it will be followed by summary eviction.

If it were just companionship I was after, I'd take in another cat or two - Much less trouble.

• Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    Murder is still murder regardless of which sex is committing the crime. I do not condone it either way.

Its usually a man.

Disgusting to see violence against women minimised and facilitated like this.

I'm out.
  • Armorica
    Armorica Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its usually a man.

Disgusting to see violence against women minimised and facilitated like this.

I'm out.

Just because it's usually a man, it doesn't mean it can't be a woman who is the abuse.

And abuse by women of their male partners is under-reported because of the stigma. No one is minimising it. (And it can happen in same-gender relationships)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback