Spent 4 years pretending it's all OK

Options

Comments

• brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fab news about the passing the test. Boo to possible premiums though!!

Glad you're enjoying the garden and barn owls are always magical.

Lots of love

Brizzle x
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks Brizzle:heart2:
    Can't seem to work out where the time goes at the moment.
    My first day off at home yesterday in a while. House is in a mess because everything has been neglected while I've been at work, so despite intentions to catch up on diaries i ended up being very busy -

1) 2 x bedding out and dried
    2) new microwave ordered (packed up a couple ? of weeks ago) - DS and DD didn't know what hit them - had to reheat things the hard way in pots and pans:rotfl: it was like being in the stone age :rotfl:
    Need to pick up today from local wait'flower'
    3)Booked in dd car for mot and service
    4) Loaded dishwasher after 2 days of not :eek::eek: everyone too busy including uni open day which Dh took ds to
    5)General picking up and tidying stuff away.
    6) Dead heading flowers. My roses have been spectacular this year and the peonies the biggest they have ever been. Every time i see them I think of Dad and how he would have loved that it has been a good year for the roses - his passion.
    7) Admin work, but didn't get far with that. SE still quiet.
    8) Admin for 1st volunteer back - 3 hrs
    9) 2nd volunteer post going really well - first 3 meetings have been a big success :T

School run done this am, and grocery shop on way home. Just had my cuppa and 2nd breakfast so now need to push on. DD boyfriend coming tonight and i need to hoover - DS and DD are inundated with work and deadlines at the moment and I haven't had much help at home, well none at all! school breaks up next week though so that will change. All I can say is that its a good thing its been so dry, grass looking very parched but at least its not growing :rotfl:

I have worked flat out last couple of months, have been exhausted to the point of no return at times but survived. I'm feeling very positive about it all because I got through it, and although SE work is non existent at the moment, I'm OK about it. There seem to be some big changes coming DD will have finished MA, who knows where she will be next year, DS will be off to uni in a year, I excited about the prospect of not being tied down to school terms, at the same time quite frightened of not having someone to run around for.

Hot and sunny day outside begging for washing to be put out - hopefully will be back for my next cuppa!

NOA
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    A fairly productive day - I love the heat, I've washed some floor rugs and bathroom mats and they're out to dry. Bought extra big bunch of flowers this am and have arranged them, cleared dining table pile of letters and replaced table cloth, it's looking very civilised :rotfl:
    earlier clothes all straight onto hangers no ironing needed:T and put away, 4th load in (sofa blanket) am determined to make the most of the sunshine :)

kitchen floor still to mop, upstairs still to hoover :( and a hefty amount of dusting - don't think will get it all done before school pick up - have an hour and a quarter:eek:
    in fact school pick up is not for bringing ds home - just to collect his belongings so that they don't fester in his school locker - he's become a bit of a party animal.....

hey ho, back to work i go...
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You still sound very busy even at home. The weather is great for drying stuff that only gets washed occasionally.

Hope the insurance comes in slightly cheaper when it's sorted.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope alls good with you NOA xxx
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Thanks Cumbria, Brizzle
    Nearly August:eek:
    Just paid 2nd instalment tax:eek:
    need to do an update :o:o
    finding it easier to not:o
    blaming the heat:rotfl:
    must get back on track....
    Hope all well in MSE land
    NOA
    xx
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    So, not a long update but just putting main things down to get going again...
    July done and dusted with
    1) 2 full weeks plus a bit at 2nd part time job
    2) Mum came to stay this week for 6 days, didn't do much, just went out in the afternoons to different shops, pottering- a change of scene for her and enforced slowing down of pace for Me :)
    3) Car insurance sorted out - DS on DD's policy as named driver plus, adding my car into a multicar policy when my insurance runs out (for 3 months only next year) brought the total premium down to just over £800 fully comp which I was very happy with. Couldn't find anyone to insure DS at reasonable price last month so he'd not driven for 2 months since passing test, but have been taking him out over the last week to get back into driving and used to DD's car.
    4) DD's car MOT also sorted out £300, still need to get it serviced though.
    5) Countless loads of washing done in the extended heatwave, and lounge carpet half washed. doing it in small sections so as not to exhaust myself.
    6) a few large excess to requirements/out of order pieces of equipment have left the house - never got round to trying to sell for spares - 2 inkjet printers, one laser printer and a phone fax , and desk fan. Space created in office! 2 Large wheelie bins of paper recycling also has left the house in the last month. :T:T
    7) garden has been neglected, has suffered in the 2 months of no rain - mostly been too hot to do anything. Cooler this week though and spent two hours this am with DS helping. Several wheelbarrow fulls of clippings and loppings created :) front of house shrubs a little tamer now:rotfl:

So all the above off the top of my head, has pretty much taken up my time, together with the voluntary work (couple of days worth). No holiday booked or planned - Back at work next week. SE still abnormally quiet for this time of year. DH has a 4% pay rise though most of that will go in tax (bonus not yet confirmed).
    Flagging now :(
    Nite Nite
    NOA
    x
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    There's a fair amount of real progress in there NOA - well done! :)

The advantage of the dry weather here has been that things in the garden haven't grown much - except my tan. :D I've done similarly to you: clipped back twigs and not much more.

That's a really good lot of paper you've recycled as well!
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    I know you've said above that you've sorted insurance but thought I would add about black box in case the situation changes. I've had one since I passed 7 years ago and the ones I've had have been slightly pointless in that loyalty still doesn't pay, so after one year they will say your policy is this much and I've always shopped around, found cheaper and they've dropped their price. Nobody has ever commented on how I actually drive :p.
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Oh My,,,, its nearly September!

Thank you for posting Cherry and Blue-eyed -girl :)
    Re: black box, that's interesting - will keep it in mind - especially next year when perhaps DS will have his own policy :)

Where has the time gone? In the last month:-
    11 days work at the two part time jobs
    One weekend at mum's .
    Day out with sister and her kids.
    One evening out with DD to watch latest musical film out :p
    Several days sorting and de-cluttering....
    Large bag of old paper stuff shredded
    Carrier bag full of old receipts/tax invoices etc discarded
    box full of old mags into recycling bin
    Working through old videos (have a whole shelf full) to identify home ones of kids/holidays that need to be transferred to dvd, 30 sorted , at least that many more to go through. Still all in working order - not sure if they would be useful to anyone anymore - seems a shame to take to tip!

Otherwise just plodding on, higher doses of meds not really helping, too much time at pc resulted in neck/shoulder problems, physio appt next week. Next consultant appt was due to be October - they have cancelled and moved to January:mad:
    Voluntary work ongoing. No holiday taken :( SE work still very slow , new quote to send today - that' s the first in a while. Having to dig into what I've been putting aside, so that's not good. Home life is plodding along too, my patience /tolerance levels are not good either, so my temper flares a lot.
    I daren't read through my typing as very tired, so apologies for random, short hand notes!
    Hope that everyone is doing well. Thinking of those who have had exams and hope all has gone well - haven't been on much as trying to make the most of the time I have at home to blitz the stuff that gets me down.
    Hugs
    NOA
    xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure