BEWARE!!! PARCEL2GO.com (.CON) IS A DISHONEST COMPANY!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Caroline3
    Options
    Yes, people should not use this company. My experience with Parcel2go was also horrendous and I was seriously ill at the time, and made very stressed by their weeks of pretending that they might still be able to locate my parcel and then could not (Amazon were amazing and allowed me more time for returns that sadly never happened). My sister had sent me things from Amazon as I was finding breathing difficult, but I did not want the hundreds of pounds worth of items. Sadly, I used Parcel2Go to return them and they then fell out with their courier, Panther, who 'lost' all my items - £840 worth of them. Parcel2Go did not even let me have the minimal insurance, even though I made a claim - they kept saying I had not made one, and this is after I had proved to them that Amazon had not received the parcel back, as they said they required this proof even though they were the ones telling me (finally) that the parcel had not been delivered! They did not even return me the £50 I paid for them to fail to deliver my parcel. Panther refused any involvement, even though they admitted losing the parcel, as my point of contract was with Parcel2Go. People need to go direct to the courier as this is a corrupt 'middleman'.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just to bring a little balance, I have used Parcel2Go on many occasions and have been fortunate enough to experience no problem with whichever courier company I selected.

It is essential that when you are sending a parcel you take careful note of any items which are prohibited, and that the contents are fully insured.
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Weird, I had one occasion to make a claim on P2Go and it was pretty straightforward. I forwarded them details of the value (Ebay sale) and received £45 compensation pretty quickly in my P2Go account. Plus I got an extra £5 credit for taking it as a credit against further shipments. Of course I paid for enhanced insurance when booking the shipment.................

The P2Go website is pretty clear, you put down the value of the item when booking and they show an additional charge you need to pay extra to cover insurance for anything over £20.

What I have found is that, if shipping high value items, it is often cheaper to go via Parcelforce or UPS as their basic insurance is much higher in the standard price whereas the 'extra' insurance costs from the 'cheaper' carriers can make them more expensive.
  • ebayrob
    Options
    Briefly sent parcel 32kilos insured it for £335 sent on 14th Dec2017, took them nearly 3 months to say they have found it and sent it back to me(Going to Essex, returned to me from Germany!!!), i, received it and it was damaged, sent pictures to them and today 15/03/18 offered me £120 comp if i keep it, sent message also today to ask them to collect it for salvage and refund me the value and £34 postage, i want every penny from them, more time to wait for closure.
    Lost by UPS who told me it was returned to P2G on 12th Jan 18, P2G lied to me from day 1, the moral of this story, pay the extra and go with the delivery courier direct and not though an agents, at least they pay up without to much hassle within 30 days, P2G can go and ..........themselves now and never going to get my business...Rob
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ebayrob wrote: »
    Briefly sent parcel 32kilos insured it for £335 sent on 14th Dec2017, took them nearly 3 months to say they have found it and sent it back to me(Going to Essex, returned to me from Germany!!!), i, received it and it was damaged, sent pictures to them and today 15/03/18 offered me £120 comp if i keep it, sent message also today to ask them to collect it for salvage and refund me the value and £34 postage, i want every penny from them, more time to wait for closure.
    Lost by UPS who told me it was returned to P2G on 12th Jan 18, P2G lied to me from day 1, the moral of this story, pay the extra and go with the delivery courier direct and not though an agents, at least they pay up without to much hassle within 30 days, P2G can go and ..........themselves now and never going to get my business...Rob

Why would UPS return to P2G?
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They do return lost or redirected parcels back to P2G rather than the customer - the P2G address is the one on their contract with the courier.

I still use P2G for about 30 parcels per day - have a few issues, but usually sorted out quickly. It's the same with any courier company though, we had more hassle when we were a customer of a large courier direct.
  • Elektriksheep
    Options
    Just to add my experience to the evidence against them...

Parcel2Go sent the wrong courier to collect my parcel and then made it out to be my fault and then they lost the parcel which was worth £200 and then said because it was my fault and they would not reimburse me for the loss of the parcel.

Very very angry. I have been in constant contact with them over the last month or so and they have been stringing me along promising that I would be reimbursed. Now, over a month later they are saying they will not reimburse me for a penny.

My parcel was worth £200!!! And it was fully insured, and it was their fault the whole problem came about in the first place. They are taking absolutely no responsibility for sending the wrong courier to collect the item after that collection was cancelled and they are taking no responsibility for losing my parcel. Outrageous. I am very angry. I am now going to go to every review site and social media site that features Parcel2Go and tell other people what I have experienced, and I will post on all my social media channels and accounts about how bad this company is and advise people never to use them. And I hope through doing this that Parcel2Go will lose out on more than £200 worth of custom. I hope it would've been cheaper for them to just do the right thing and reimburse me for the parcel they lost.
  • tho_2
    tho_2 Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Elekttriksheep. Start a new thread rather than resurrecting every old one with the same post.
  • Sparts
    Sparts Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I can trump this rant. First time poster and came here to see if anyone else had problems.
    I will keep this to a minimum.

Bike worth many thousands of pounds fully "insured" at a cost of over £160. Delayed for days in the courier warehouse after being collected. Found around a week later and delivered the following day - box open, frame damaged beyond repair. Frame has to be written off by the retailer.

The problem is, that I don't think the so called insurance is insurance at all. There are no details whatsoever on the website and from what I can see from other complaints they will not cover the cost of the ruined item. Funny insurance that. From what i see they will probably offer a settlement of less than 10% of the item value. Let's see what happens, but I'm not hopeful.

As an aside, I can fully understand why people go into a rant dealing with this mob. They are ridiculous and near impossible to get a sensible answer from. Or any answer for that matter. I expect there are a lot of court cases against them.

I'll update this when this comes to a conclusion - which may be months.

My advice, pay the little extra and use Royal Mail, DPD or Parcel Force.
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    put stuff in a brown parcel so theives do not see the contents. If they see the contents and it's something worth money they will nick it.

You won a collection only item so the onus was on you to collect. Because you paid the courier this is now your problem and not the senders.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback