£9.50 The Sun Holidays Jan 2012 code words

Options

Comments

• beth01dog
    beth01dog Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Kelzabells wrote: »
    I got my priority booking reference in the post, and my first code was also 'FREE', I just want to thank everyone on here that posts the codes as it makes such a huge difference to be able to holiday with my hubby and children each year, we are on such a tight budget (like many people), so it definately helps. I'm going away in May (booked last year) to Haven Devon Cliffs - not been there before as we always tend to choose a Parkdean which have always been very good. I'm hoping this time to maybe get a Fri-Mon deal in October half term, only then have to take the kids out on a Fri, one day won't hurt. Not done Butlins before, so hoping for Minehead.

I am interested in going for a European holiday next year, would like to try and do Disney, has anyone done that? I believe there is a couple of parks in Paris.

Hi
    We did Disneyland Paris parks thru Sun hols 2 years ago. We stayed at Le Chene Gris which was 25 mins from leaving our caravan to getting out in the carpark at Disneyland. The site was quite basic but the vans were nicer than you get in typical English parks (no oven though so be prepared - I wasn't!) Heating was good and they were clean and spacious. The 7 night breaks go from Fri to Fri. We bought annual passes for Disneyland, went back at Chrismas and stayed for £40a night in an Ibis hotel then went back to Le Chene Gris in May half term booking direct as couldn't get thru Sun hols that time. Nice pool for the May break. Site has a small restaurant, pizza take away etc and is right next door to the main trainline into Paris so we spent a day there during our week too. We used Tesco Clubcard points for the Eurotunnel each time to did it well cheap!!
    Hope that helps.
  • liz.anderson
    Options
    Kelzabells wrote: »
    Hi Lil Lady

You can tell me to mind my own business, but I just wanted to say that Pontins are so cheap because they are in a form of administration and haven't updated their parks since the 70's, so they are rather grotty. Just thought I would mention it, as they have the most appalling reviews on some holiday websites. For the sake of £38, it could may be worth a gamble, but just be a little prepared for very outdated accommodation.

I agree fully with pontins review. i went to the soutport 1 and were as the town of southport was lovely as was the closeness to both liverpool and manchester was great the holiday park was discusting the only good thing was the fact that u got ur electricity paid for you also the entertainment wasnt so bad "funstars" were amazing but other than that it wasnt good at all
  • Lil_Lady
    Lil_Lady Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    We have been to Duinrell with the sun for the past two years and are hoping to go again this year. We always tick the 7 night option when booking. We have gone in May both times for future reference. I have been going to Duinrell for 30 years now since I was a child we love it :)
    I am thinking of duinrell for next yr for the week booking, is just the way the holidays go kiddy may miss a day off school and thats not good with the amount of sickness she has had

is there any extra costs to be aware of with duinrell pls? road tolls ? whats the accomodation like ? do you get the 2 hrs free with the sun promotion ? anything you can think of to tell me ? was the weather good ?
    which ferry do you use and how long does it take to get there pls ? many many thanks
    proud to be a young stroke survivor
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lil_Lady wrote: »
    I am thinking of duinrell for next yr for the week booking, is just the way the holidays go kiddy may miss a day off school and thats not good with the amount of sickness she has had

is there any extra costs to be aware of with duinrell pls? road tolls ? whats the accomodation like ? do you get the 2 hrs free with the sun promotion ? anything you can think of to tell me ? was the weather good ?
    which ferry do you use and how long does it take to get there pls ? many many thanks
    Hi.
    We went to duinerell last july with the sun, and are going for a week this may/june having booked direct with canvas last august as we got a great deal. Taking dd out of school for three days, and saving about £150 , as prices shot up for the following week.
    As regards extra costs etc you dont get the two hours free with the sun, in the water park or tike pool, as it's called,- but i dont think you do with any of the operators now apart from if you book one of duinerell's own duingilows (which really do look amazing) BTW, you need a passport phograph for everyone to show at the water park on entry. We had to show it most times we went.
    A tip is to have them done in the uk, as they are very expensive on the park itself.
    The cost for the two hours at the waterpark is pretty reasonable. Though,- think it was 3 euro 50 from memory, per person . You can really pack a lot in to the two hours, As there's lots of flumes slides, lazy river etc to choose from.
    The weather wasn't great when we were there so we used the water park every day, sometimes twice in a day, withone or other of us going with dd.
    The funfair is really good (and free) and my then 10 year old really enjoyed it, as did i lol.
    She is a real thrill seeker and loved the new roller coaster. There are plenty of rides to suit all ages though and some lovely play areas for younger ones.
    There are cycle routes as well, but we didn't explore as we were only there for a very short time. We are looking forward to having more time there in may, and doing a bit more exploring/sightseeing. Had a great day in amsterdam as well. Caught a bus and train. We will be visiting again in may.
    Sorry cant help you with driving times/tolls etc, as we travelled by train.
    We are taking the car and ferry this time though harwich to the hook of holland (overnight one with cabin, paid for with tesco deals).
    Accomidation was really fab. We stayed with eurocamp. Lovely clean well equipped van with decking, and a free bbq for our use. We were really close to all the amenities as well.
    The canvas vans which we will be staying in in may were very close to the eurocamp ones, and looked really nice. Fell free to ask if you need ant more info.
    We had a great holiday at duinerell, and i really reccomend it. We may use the sun again to go for a short 3/4 night break in october this year or sometime in 2013.
    HTH
  • Lu72
    Lu72 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all - I am thinking of booking (trying to book?) one of these Sun holidays this year. Can anyone who has booked with The Sun before answer a couple of questions for me?

- A few of the European parks I like the look of say they have tents and caravans but I can't find any where how you can select what you want to stay in. can you pick?
    - If you haven't got a priority booking form what is the likelyhood of me getting what I want - 2nd week in July as our school hols seeme to start earlier than the rest of the country.

Any other tips gratefully recieved - thanks!
  • Lil_Lady
    Lil_Lady Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Lil Lady im sure ud only need 1 code to book for 7 nights as it asks you when you book online how many nights you want to stay for(tried to book online for my sis in law last year and it asks 3 4 or 7 nights) although if i do get an extra code then ill pm you as you were the 1st to ask for it
    hi Liz , after a lot of to-ing and fr-oing with the sun I got my priority code today, me an my husband usually do seperate so we can book easier or for family
    I wanted to make sure I book on both this year as
    I also hope to do a 2 park next summer switzerland then austria before we descend on family nearby so its will be nice to see what those are like !
    So thanks but no need now for the extra code .(if you get it)
    proud to be a young stroke survivor
  • foxy219
    foxy219 Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, I too got my priority booking form earlier this week. We have always gone in the UK before, I am a little hesitant to book abroad, need to look into the cost a little more.
    We went to Whitecliffe bay on the Isle of Wight - wouldn't recommend for the chalets, but the island itself was beautiful.
    Also went to Parkdean at Sandford in Dorset - beautiful, great park close to Bournemouth and Poole. Highly recommended.
    Also have been to Devon Cliffs twice using the Sun tokens, their flagship park and can't fault it.

We are thinking of trying one in South Wales this time, near Perrenporth (I think) but at the June half term so thinking the weather may not be that great and we may be better in Cornwall. Any recommendations?
    Motto: You gotta be in it to win it!:j
    2015 Objective - Pay off credit cards/Overpay mortgage
    2015 Wins: Nothing yet, but keeping trying :T
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i got a priortiy form through post today too ... little confused as i have never done this before but hey will not complain ,

if you book online do you need to buy paper everyday or is it just the code i need ?

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • rightdirection
    Options
    Lil_Lady wrote: »

I have stayed with Thomson Al Fresco and Suncamp through the sun and you will have to pay for the swimming pool (tikibad). Don't forget the passport photo's for your passes for each peron going. The funfair is free along which has some indoor soft play areas if its raining. I have been all times of the year and we have been lucky with the weather but to be honest it's similar to England. We went May 21st last year and had one windy and rainy day the rest of the time we had sun and cloud. The shop onsite is handy and not as expensive as the ones I have had at UK resorts. However there is a lidl and a C1000 ? supermarket in town which are handy.
    If you have children that would want to hire go karts etc they are extra as is the go ape style adventure ground and fencing.
    Duinrell have their own website might be worth a look.
    Wassenaar which is the local town has some nice shops and Katwijk and Leiden are both close by. No toll roads if you come from the Hook of Holland (tesco vouchers are worth x3 the value with stena line) or French ports (about 3+ hours drive dependant on traffic). We have done all three routes. Leiden has a train station and Mcdonalds if the children are missing their happy meals lol. There is a lovely cycle route to Leiden.
    Wassenaar beach is lovely lots of sand not much shingle and there are beach cafes etc.
    the past few years we have noticed unleaded petrol is the same price as uk but diesel is cheaper.
  • liz.anderson
    Options
    robpw2 wrote: »
    i got a priortiy form through post today too ... little confused as i have never done this before but hey will not complain ,

if you book online do you need to buy paper everyday or is it just the code i need ?

You dont need to buy a paper as the codes r usually posted on here at some point in the day so you dont really need to buy a sun if you dont usually buy it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure