Cupcake Birthday / Celebration cake idea!

Options

Comments

• savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Where? I have to know! I sooo want to go to a cupcake shop :D If it's in US I'm so gonna sulk hehe
    Hold the sulk!! It's in Chichester, don't know how far away that is to you :confused: and not sure if they have any other branches, Chichester is cool with lots of little independant shops, so maybe not :confused:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    Thats it savvy a trip to Chichester is on the cards for Easter... are there little boutiques etc... I love anything like that...

I love little individual shops like those in the lakes... love getting bits there for gifts for people...

I do need to see this cupcake shop tho... Ive got a pic in my head of 50`s America style with frilly pinafores and sun always shining type thing... ooo there I go again... dream on!

In my town we have a lovely shop that sells homemade chutneys ( the type wth the checky lids.. fab!), flans, cakes and the lovely caramel shortbread.

I really want to open a shop now I think about it...

savvy I think you could be on to something with the gluten free range and diet cakes. Carrots in a carrot cake would make it healthy.. right... lol! I love to experiment so I`m going to have a go at making "light" version fairy cakes etc.
  • floyd
    floyd Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also absolutely love the cakes they do here http://www.crumbsanddoilies.co.uk/home.html
    They always look fabulous
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    Wow.. great website!

Check out these, sprinkled with coloured sugar!

[URL="javascript:openCurrentImage()"]CIMG5622.jpg[/URL]
    and these for easter/mothers day

[URL="javascript:openCurrentImage()"]CIMG8702.jpg[/URL]
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thats it savvy a trip to Chichester is on the cards for Easter... are there little boutiques etc... I love anything like that...

I love little individual shops like those in the lakes... love getting bits there for gifts for people...

I do need to see this cupcake shop tho... Ive got a pic in my head of 50`s America style with frilly pinafores and sun always shining type thing... ooo there I go again... dream on!

In my town we have a lovely shop that sells homemade chutneys ( the type wth the checky lids.. fab!), flans, cakes and the lovely caramel shortbread.

I really want to open a shop now I think about it...

savvy I think you could be on to someything with the gluten free range and diet cakes. Carrots in a carrot cake would make it healthy.. right... lol! I love to experiment so I`m going to have a go at making "light" version fairy cakes etc.
    As for the frilly aprons, I don't think the poor lad that was working in the shop would've enjoyed that look too much!!! :eek::eek: Although he seemed comfortable being surrounded by pink stuff ;)

There's all sorts of little quaint shops in Chichester (and the biggest Roman mosaic I've ever seen at Fishbourne), and most of the original shop fronts are still there in tact, so big chains aren't so imposing, which is something we like. It's very much like Winchester and Salisbury which I also love. IF you do go to Chichester, see if you can spot the original Shippams Paste factory clock and front ;)
    My OH comes from the Lakes, so I love visiting Bowness when we're up there :j Actually I think I like anywhere that Lakeland put a shop! :rotfl:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    Just had to add these pics... my house is going to be full of cupcakes.

IMG_2911.png
    IMG_2803.png
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    pf_4pc_intro.jpg
    and how nice are these for my shop...:j
  • frankie1star
    Options
    wished I posted here awhile ago, I went for moneysaving old style without too much success. Does anyone have the perfect recipe and method for the cupcakes. I love the Fiona Cairns ones so like that topping as well
  • Bumbles2
    Bumbles2 Posts: 404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This lady is the nuts for cupcakes.
    http://www.carolynmackenzie.co.uk/
  • FiFi_Mad_Mum
    Options
    Bumbles2 wrote: »
    This lady is the nuts for cupcakes.
    http://www.carolynmackenzie.co.uk/
    Wow - her sugar flowers are amazing, her cakes would certainly make a spectacular centre piece.
    :) FiFi
    If you find any post helpful, please click the thanks button! :T
    I survived the M8 snowjam 6/12/10 - 17 hrs to get home :snow_grin

Brought: To Bring! Bought: To Buy! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business