QuickQuid email - Have I been a victim of Fraud?

Options

Comments

• RHansen
    Options
    I have also received this email. I would call Quick Quid on the number provided on the website, not the one in the email, you don't know who you are talking to! I have been a victim of identity fraud recently and also would advise all of you who have received this email to check your bank statements carefully. This looks like a scam (phishing) email to me, but better safe than sorry.
  • neiltallen
    Options
    Ive ahd the same email, and i do have current loan with them - payments are all up to date, so was shocked to see this email (they norammly jsut phone from the states if there is a problem).
    Cant physically check my quickquid accoutn as it is blocked at work, but no phone calls so i assume iam ok.
  • happygirl148
    Options
    just had the same email and never had a loan with them. weird :think:
  • djm_2
    djm_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    It sounds like lots of people are getting this email this morning and I've seen it mentioned on other forums too. Smells to me like an email run has been triggered for the wrong customers.

I'm putting it down to an error on their part, and to be honest I'm not bothered about them asking me to pay off a loan of "n/a".

My plan is to hang-fire and wait for them to send their "oops we made a mistake" message :-)
  • RHansen
    Options
    Hi all,

Don't use the number in the email. It is not listed on the Quick Quid website anywhere. I suspect phishing. Do not give out your personal details via the phone number in the email. All legit Quick Quid numbers are currently unavailable - no ring tone, disconnect tones after a pause. I just rang them. Good luck folks. Keep us all posted with your progress.
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Options
    RHansen wrote: »
    Hi all,

Don't use the number in the email. It is not listed on the Quick Quid website anywhere. I suspect phishing. Do not give out your personal details via the phone number in the email. All Quick Quid numbers are currently unavailable - no ring tone, disconnect tones after a pause. Good luck folks. Keep us all posted with your progress.

It is listed on their website - it is on the FAQs page under "How to cnacel a CPA".
  • PaulRamone
    Options
    Both myself and My Partner got this email this morning on separate email accounts and neither of us have ever used quick quid so im guessing we just ignore it.
  • Figtree
    Figtree Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    I've received exactly the same email this morning (with the relevant customer number). It looks like an admin error. I did use them once a long time ago.

Twitter is also full of reports of people getting the same email this morning. Nothing on quickquid's twitter account or website yet...

I hope they do the right thing and contact all the affected people to apologise for the error. There are a lot of vulnerable people who would find this sort of email very distressing.
  • Boobydoo
    Boobydoo Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Answered my question too as I received one this morning.
  • Grom33
    Grom33 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have also received the same email this morning. After worrying about the perceived legitimacy of it I decided to call the customer services number on the website (not from the email). There is no answer from them just a recorded message explaining how much the call will cost, then hangs up after a minute or two. Perhaps they have been hacked?? P.S. I am also not a client of any short term loan company!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure