have you received your tax credit renewal pack yet?

Options

Comments

• CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    I tried to tell them that I couldn't afford the deduction and they said they'd look into it, but they are still using last year's figures, not this year's, so they won't alter the amount they are taking. I'm not sure whether I should try calling them again to tell them that they are deducing based on last year's income and it's leaving me unable to pay my bills. Maybe you could try this??
  • elaine373
    elaine373 Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have received my renewal pack. I have just done my renewal online. I am worried about getting too much working tax credits because I now receive carers allowance. I informed them, and expected my working tax to drop for the amount that I receive in carers allowance. Nothing changed (it's been a fortnight) so I am doing my renewal and writing to them again about the amount I will receive for the coming year. I do not want to be over paid and then struggle next year. I hope you get yours sorted. They should adjust the amount if you income is lower.
    “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. Your really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” Lucille Ball.
  • CakeCrusader
    Options
    charlie358 wrote: »
    Still not had mine!

I'm pretty sure i was underpaid last year due to a bi:(g drop in income. And as of April I'm paying 50% of my weekly amount straight to them to cover an overpayment from a few years ago. We're also struggling now as a result but I don't think I've ever had my pack before end of june

I've just called them to say I can't afford the repayments, because my income this year is lower than it was last year, and they are using last year's figures to calculate the repayment, and they are re-calculating it. It may help if you call them up to explain this too. Fingers crossed :)
  • Starry1981
    Starry1981 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Not had mine yet, but was wondering is the renewal pack nessacery if you have the p60 can u ring up an renew again? It's just I know I have an overpayment for last year an the more these payments carry on the more I owe, tbh I'm not really sure about all this really previous to my partner moving in I was on IS so I just want to get it over with really and start paying back my overpayment know we will struggle but that's what I get for having a partner who does not update me on hie earnings lol
  • nextyeartina
    nextyeartina Posts: 756 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine's been done automatically. Only found out today when I received an extra payment in my bank :)
    The £1,000 emergency fund challenge #163 - £536.16/£1000
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    Starry1981 wrote: »
    Not had mine yet, but was wondering is the renewal pack nessacery if you have the p60 can u ring up an renew again? It's just I know I have an overpayment for last year an the more these payments carry on the more I owe, tbh I'm not really sure about all this really previous to my partner moving in I was on IS so I just want to get it over with really and start paying back my overpayment know we will struggle but that's what I get for having a partner who does not update me on hie earnings lol

You need to receive the renewal first to be able to complete it.

You can always update a new estimate for this year's income.
  • Starry1981
    Starry1981 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    I done it on the phone last year so I still need it even if I'm doing it by phone is this right?

I think if I've not had it in a couple of weeks I'll sit on the phone for an hour just to update that and then sit for another hour or so when I get the renewal pack lol....I really do hate the recorded messages and pressing 1 for this and 2 for this and the silly music they have lol but do prefer to talk to a person other than doing it online knowing me I'll enter something wrong lol
  • fbloke2016
    Options
    Hiya folks,

Just checked the bank and my Tax Credits have halved without any prior notification.

We had had 3 different letters and updated awards (including a hefty re-payment schedule) back in Feb' so i'm properly confused and worried to find a lower payment landing yet again without explanation.

Has anyone else suffered similar recently?
  • CakeCrusader
    Options
    fbloke2016 wrote: »
    Hiya folks,

Just checked the bank and my Tax Credits have halved without any prior notification.

We had had 3 different letters and updated awards (including a hefty re-payment schedule) back in Feb' so i'm properly confused and worried to find a lower payment landing yet again without explanation.

Has anyone else suffered similar recently?

Yes. They have increased the rate in which they take back overpayments. If you earn over 20k, they take it back at 50%, if you earn under 20K the take back rate is 20%, if you receive full tax credits the take back rate is 10% (or something like this). You're better off calling them to tell them that you can't afford the repayments.

The member of staff on the tax credits helpline took details about my income this year yesterday, and I had a payment in my account this morning (they must have processed it before I called as they are not that fast). I haven't received my renewal pack yet.
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    Starry1981 wrote: »
    I done it on the phone last year so I still need it even if I'm doing it by phone is this right?

I think if I've not had it in a couple of weeks I'll sit on the phone for an hour just to update that and then sit for another hour or so when I get the renewal pack lol....I really do hate the recorded messages and pressing 1 for this and 2 for this and the silly music they have lol but do prefer to talk to a person other than doing it online knowing me I'll enter something wrong lol

As I said, you need to receive it first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure