Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way.....

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 26 May 2018 at 3:31PM
    Options
    Thanks Lilith, I hope you have a lovely weekend too.

Today has been productive but I've just sat down as I need a break. I'm supposed to start doing revision for a test but it's too nice a day for it.

I have spent some more money so the budget is down to the half pennies :). I thought I had all my spends done after M&S yesterday but OH rang me on way home to pick up some bits from Asda (£10.12). This morning pup and I went for a run but on our way i stopped and got the car washed as it was dead bug central on the windscreen (£5). I have chicken ready for the oven for later but OH wants spuds (we have none in) and I would rather have a salad... will have to buy spuds for him.

I've been beavering away today and have -
    • done a run with pup
    • got car washed but hoovered and cleaned it out myself
    • tidied kitchen, living room and hoovered hall
    • done a small ironing pile
    • changed sheets on bed
    • washed pup
    • made a payment to the credit card

Monthly budget - May 18 (6 days left:o)

Budget left - £26.94

Sat 19th - £28.29 (wine, card & £20 gifts)
    Sun 20th - NSD
    Mon 21st - £18.70 (lunch out & card)
    Tues 22nd - £2.99 (lunch) lunch with friend cancelled because of work so had to grab a sarnie
    Wed 23rd - £21.68 (lunch) - friends turn to pay but she forgot purse
    Thurs 24th - £14.15 (Sainsbury trousers)- linen trousers in sale as old ones have - shrunk -in wash
    Fri 25th - £25.98 SIL pressie + £4.35 M&S + £10.12 Asda.
    Sat 26th - £5 (car wash).

Edit - My Mum gave me £40 which she 'owed' me and even though I told her to keep it I'm leaving Mums £40 richer - so £20 to my everything budget and £20 to my debt.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning :wave:

I’m just back from mass and am waiting for OH to get out of shower so we can hit the beach :).

I had fun spends yesterday but they don’t go on the weekly spends as it was my holiday to Greece in Sept:D. I’ve paid for holiday, car parking & insurance out of my holiday budget. It has £100 left in it but need a bit extra for holiday spends.

Today we have to pay for ferry across to beach and we are taking a packed lunch with us. I’ve run out of hair mousse but I can survive until tmw.

Have fun today:)

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend Munchin. I hope all goes well with her treatment.

You've got some biggish payments this weekend , but as usual you've got everything under control.

Hope you and OH have a fab day at the beach.
    X
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Munchin
    Options
    Thanks SS - OH & I had a great day at the beach and we decided to only use the ferry on the way back but when we got there the queue was ridiculous so we drove the longer way and it saved me paying for the ferry (and it used OHs petrol:)). We found a new bay/beach with about 5 people on it and it felt like our own private beach.

I probably mentioned I'm going for a promotion in work. I don't expect to get it as I just want the move back to old place but I have put my name in the ring just to see what the aptitude tests are like as I think it would be useful in the future. My test is on the 11th June and from my second go at the practice tests....I think it could all be a bit embarrassing. I was smug mc smug with getting 20/20 for division but I have just given up on the currency exchange rate calculations. I'm just going to have to set aside an hour - hour and a half each night to practice. It's only for the next 2 weeks....but I'd rather be doing other things.

OH suggested we go to another beach and fair today but I'd be happy doing a few more tests and sorting the house but we don't get this weather too often so I should make the most of it.

Hope you are enjoying the wonderful weather.
  • Munchin
    edited 12 June 2018 at 8:12PM
    Options
    Monthly budget - June 18 (getting prepared early)

Budget left - £[STRIKE]500[/STRIKE]/£234.56 left
    NSDs - Aim 20/5

Fri 01 - NSD 1
    Sat 02 - £147.13 (Tesco, Sally's hair, Iceland and diesel)

Sun 03 - NSD 2
    Mon 04 - NSD 3
    Tues 05 - NSD 4 (on course and meals prepared for us)
    Wed 06 - NSD 5
    Thurs 07 - £2.21 (Coffee)
    Fri 08 - £110.70 (Tesco, diesel, Amazon, Donation)
    Sat 09 - £5.50 (hospital).

Sun 10 -
    Mon 11 - NSD 6
    Tues 12 - £32 diesel

• Munchin
    Options
    Morning,

Yeah it’s a new month and I’ve set myself a challenge of 20 NSDs and to bring a packed lunch to work everyday.

Being honest the lunch thing shouldn’t be that hard as it’s just my laziness stopping me:o.

I’ve been adding things I need to my notes on my phone so it will be a spendy day tomorrow but if I stick to my list it will all be needs and not wants.

I usually pick up wine and a takeaway on a Friday night but OH is at home all day so we don’t need a takeaway and I need a clear head for tmw.

I’m at a training course today and hope to be heading home early
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Happy new month :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got into the habit of meal prepping lunches on Saturday mornings for the week ahead. I batch cook a load of chicken, veg, a sauce, and rice, then divide it up between 9 tubs (I work 5 days, hubby works 4). It saves so much time in the mornings and no doubt money :)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Thanks Lilith & HHD. I will have to give your batch cooking a go Lilith and find a nice sauce recipe or 2.

Today was a big spendy day but it was all planned for and when you start off with £35 liquid gold (diesel) it soon adds up. Went to Mr T and the only thing extra I got which wasn't on my list was 2 bunches for flowers. 1 for my dad's grave as it was his anniversary this week and the other for my Mum. I also popped into hair place and bought some peroxide as I already have the dye and a sister will to do hair for free. Finally went to Pets at Home for dog food. Total spends £147.13.

As it's dad's anniversary Mum has invited us all for tea tomorrow and I popped up to hers today to give her a hand with getting ready. I ended up cutting her massive hedge, weeding the front garden and then cleaning inside the house. I'm home now and totally knackered. OH & I are going out for dinner but it's part of my volunteer thing and it is free. I'm driving so no spending on alcohol.

Money front - I transferred that pesky credit card debt to a 0% card and will throw as much at it as I can.

Plans tomorrow - we will be at Mums at some point but I hope to squeeze in a run, practice for my work test for a few hours and then meal prep for week ahead & prepare a batch of protein balls for the freezer.

I have an hour to myself before OH is home and we have to start getting ready, so I will relax for a bit:D
  • Munchin
    edited 3 June 2018 at 7:12PM
    Options
    Morning all,

We had a lovely evening last night. My meal was just gorgeous and although there was wine on the table I stuck to diluting juice and feel the benefits for it this morning.

So the plan is now to drag myself out of the house for a run. I'm still tired so hopefully it will energise me like a Duracell bunny :D

Plans today
    • [STRIKE]Run[/STRIKE] - done
    • [STRIKE]Tidy house - done[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Meal prep and make protein balls[/STRIKE] - done
    • [STRIKE]Make sandwiches for Mums[/STRIKE]- done
    • Prepare for exam - started but got interrupted
    • [STRIKE]Create a bullet journal[/STRIKE] - done.
    • [STRIKE]grab an NSD[/STRIKE] - done

I'm doing the Turtle challenge and am aiming for 20 NSDs - gulp!!. I have borrowed a food post from mothernerd on that thread and listing it below so I know where it is. I know foods help your mood so will use that when meal planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure