IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Meadowhall shopping centre POPLA Appeal CPPlus

Options

Comments

• RobinofLoxley
    Options
    Thanks Umkomaas.

Like most on here I really do detest PPC's but this particular case has particularly annoyed me.

The fact that Meadowhall/British Land through their agents CP Plus are persecuting workers and trying to extract large sums of money from them for the 'crime' of merely parking in the centre's car parks that you, me and anyone else can park in without cost or restriction is totally wrong.

The designated staff car park is well away from the centre. For some working at the furthest point of the centre it can be 1 kilometre away, involving a walk along poorly lit streets.
    I wouldn't want any female member of my family having to walk to the car park late at night.

I'm doing what I can but hopefully along with the help of the more experienced forum members such as yourself we can help the workers in their fight. :snow_grin

Thanks for the link to the Prankster's blog. On reading it the DVLA say they can't send out the information by email due to the DPA and such a request needs to be made in writing. Do you know if that's still the case?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for the link to the Prankster's blog. On reading it the DVLA say they can't send out the information by email due to the DPA and such a request needs to be made in writing. Do you know if that's still the case?
    Sorry, can’t be certain. I know you can’t get it via a phone call, but by letter v email, I’m not clear. Others might know?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Alyssaryder
    Options
    Hi all,

I am in the same situation as pinklady, I used to work at Meadowhall having left in February this year. I have just been sent a letter for a claim form from CP PLUS LTD claiming to be from county court business centre in Northampton demanding payment for a total amount of £1080 unpaid parking fines. Similar to pinklady I got some of these whilst on my day off shopping in the centre, also I have two other drivers on my insurance who also drive my vehicle and may have parked whilst shopping. I don’t know what to do regarding this as I have never responded to any of the fines before on advice from other staff in Meadowhall saying that the fines were illegal and wouldn’t get taken to court but now I am worried it may effect my future.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    New thread please, forum rules/etiquette, one case one thread. But before doing so, please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky which provides information on how to deal with this.

Have you read through Pinklady’s entire thread? Because there are strategies in it that you should consider adopting.

With the amount of parking charges you seem to have racked up, we haven’t got a magic solution for you.

What are those who advised you to ignore everything now doing to help you? Have you not set up some kind of workers’ task force - given the volume of workers affected and the huge amounts of money involved? What are your Union doing to help you?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • RobinofLoxley
    Options
    Hi all,

I am in the same situation as pinklady, I used to work at Meadowhall having left in February this year. I have just been sent a letter for a claim form from CP PLUS LTD claiming to be from county court business centre in Northampton demanding payment for a total amount of £1080 unpaid parking fines. Similar to pinklady I got some of these whilst on my day off shopping in the centre, also I have two other drivers on my insurance who also drive my vehicle and may have parked whilst shopping. I don’t know what to do regarding this as I have never responded to any of the fines before on advice from other staff in Meadowhall saying that the fines were illegal and wouldn’t get taken to court but now I am worried it may effect my future.

As Ukomaas says please start your own thread where you can receive appropriate advice.

You're the latest in an increasing amount of people coming to light on this forum that are victims of this Meadowhall/CP Plus scam.

I'm afraid the advice that workers were given to ignore everything was stupid as all these PCN's could have been dealt with and killed off at POPLA.

Check out some other threads from 'victims' on here to get the gist of the story so far.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5749106

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5711301

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5746954
  • Ryandavis1959
    Options
    Hi all,

The “Money Saving” advice is to nominate to the parking firm whoever was driving your car for the charges that you have been blamed for where you are being falsely accused. This will stop any more threats being made to you for these charges so you can focus on the ones where you were actually driving. It is disgusting that the parking firm are chasing you for tickets when you were not even driving the car. Something needs to be done about this so that people are not having their time wasted having to defend unenforceable PCN’s when they were never to “blame” in the first place!
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The “Money Saving” advice is to nominate to the parking firm whoever was driving your car for the charges that you have been blamed for where you are being falsely accused. This will stop any more threats being made to you for these charges so you can focus on the ones where you were actually driving. It is disgusting that the parking firm are chasing you for tickets when you were not even driving the car. Something needs to be done about this so that people are not having their time wasted having to defend unenforceable PCN’s when they were never to “blame” in the first place!

nominate to the parking firm whoever was driving your car

do you actually understand the POFa?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Apparently not, but theyre a PPC stooge, at a guess, and theyre not bright enough on the whole to understand POFA either.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The “Money Saving” advice is to nominate to the parking firm whoever was driving your car for the charges that you have been blamed for where you are being falsely accused.

TERRIBLE ADVICE and the same words a PPC will use
  • Pinklady0805
    Options
    BTW what happened re the small court claims the other girls received in June. Are they still ongoing?
    Both went for mediation, it didn't end to good.
    one of the girls admitted driving, and is waiting for a court date.
    The other girl is waiting for court date too, as no agreement could be made between her and CP Plus. she never named the driver. she has put in a counter claim too for loss of earning.

CP Plus have issue more staff with court papers this week, unfortunately i don't see them very often to ask how there planning on responding.

There is currently six of us needing to reply to the SCS letter, we all received them on the same day, so are all working to the same deadline to respond.

Do you think the response i posted above is enough to reply to the SCS letter for now? or should i reply more robustly from the off?

another part to add is that 2 of the tickets mentioned on my SCS letter are the ones i won at POPLA
    strange!

Pinklady :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family