Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LadyCinders24
    • By LadyCinders24 14th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 5Thanks
    LadyCinders24
    CP PLus - LBC - Meadowhall
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:30 PM
    CP PLus - LBC - Meadowhall 14th Sep 17 at 5:30 PM
    Hi all

As you may have seen in the newspapers there are a lot of Meadowhall staff being targeted with huge fines for parking in the customer car parks - myself being one of them.

I was wondering if anyone could help me?

I have had between 15-20 tickets over an 18 moth period. After advice given from people I foolishly ignored all letters and ended up throwing them all.

Initially they were from CP plus and the first 7 I ever receieved where on my birthday (which is why I remember) in June 2016 for tickets from Dec 15 -April 16. After this I honestly couldnt say when the others were sent but over time they then came from Zennith and DRP.

I have now left Meadowhall in December of 2016 and I hadnt heard a thing from them since probably Febuary time 2017. In June I then receieved a signed for letter (Which I didnt sign for - my mum did and I still have this), again I ignored. I have now receieved a letter from SCS Law dated 11th August - this time I am aware that this maybe a Letter Before Court.

As I havent kept any of the tickets - where do I stand in terms of this? I understand I need to reply to the LBC if it is in fact a real one. I just honestly do not know where to start.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated on this.

So far from another thread I have read I think some of the staff have found out that:

CP Plus found out who Meadowhall staff are from store managers in Meadowhall. CP Plus workers have a huge list of reg plates from literally just seeing your car in the car park and assuming you are staff (and then ticketing)- after retrieveing your details from the DVLA they have then taken these to the store managers and the store managers have confirmed weather or not you work there.

Based on my circumstances - do I have a case to fight?
    Last edited by LadyCinders24; 17-09-2017 at 9:06 PM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Sep 17, 5:41 PM
    • 51,532 Posts
    • 65,134 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:41 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:41 PM
    Read these threads first, have you seen both of them?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5689146

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5692583

Based on my circumstances - do I have a case to fight?
    Yes.

Please firstly EDIT your post about who was driving. That's VITAL! They can't hold you liable unless they know who was driving...so no story about what happened on this public thread.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• LadyCinders24
    • By LadyCinders24 17th Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    LadyCinders24
    • 17th Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    • 17th Sep 17, 10:23 PM
    I have been following these! Could I use the same response as PinkLady?

I dont even know where to start
    • Pinklady0805
    • By Pinklady0805 17th Sep 17, 11:24 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    Pinklady0805
    • 17th Sep 17, 11:24 PM
    • 17th Sep 17, 11:24 PM
    Hi,
    Have you read the newbies thread ? There's a section on there for letter before court. You need to read that then draft your own letter in reply to your scs letter, post it here so someone can help check it for you.
    You only get so long to reply tho so keep check of the dates on your letters.
    • LadyCinders24
    • By LadyCinders24 18th Sep 17, 7:56 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    LadyCinders24
    • 18th Sep 17, 7:56 AM
    • 18th Sep 17, 7:56 AM
    I think iv already left it too late. Does this mean i will loose by default now?
    • RobinofLoxley
    • By RobinofLoxley 18th Sep 17, 11:03 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 268 Thanks
    RobinofLoxley
    • 18th Sep 17, 11:03 AM
    • 18th Sep 17, 11:03 AM
    I think iv already left it too late. Does this mean i will loose by default now?
    Originally posted by LadyCinders24
    No it doesn't mean you have lost.

You haven't had a claim made against you yet. You've had a letter from SCS Law saying their client CP Plus intend to issue a claim at court if you don't pay up.

You should reply to SCS Law saying that CP Plus do not have a valid claim and if they do go ahead with one you will robustly defend it.
    Read the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum page and look at Coupon-mad's post #2. This discusses Letters Before Claim and gives examples of how to respond.

Could you post a scanned image of the letter on here, with all personal and details that could identify you removed?

Have you any of the previous letters you received from CP Plus, or have you binned everything?
    Last edited by RobinofLoxley; 18-09-2017 at 11:17 AM.
    • LadyCinders24
    • By LadyCinders24 19th Sep 17, 11:26 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    LadyCinders24
    • 19th Sep 17, 11:26 AM
    • 19th Sep 17, 11:26 AM
    Hi robinofloxley

I have sent a reply letter yesterday to scs now which my other half has drafted up for me using all info on the newbies thread.

Shall i upload a pic of the letter I recieved from scs or my reply?

Also I have stupidly thrown every thing out. I only have the scs letter and one previous to that which came signed for.

Thanks in advance
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 19th Sep 17, 11:58 AM
    • 850 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 19th Sep 17, 11:58 AM
    • 19th Sep 17, 11:58 AM
    Put both up

Youre new so you cannot put the "real" liunk in. You need to change the web address from somehting like "http" to "hxxp" so the forum doesnt block you.
    • LadyCinders24
    • By LadyCinders24 20th Sep 17, 10:18 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    LadyCinders24
    • 20th Sep 17, 10:18 PM
    • 20th Sep 17, 10:18 PM
    Thanks all and thank you CouponMad for your reasuring words in PinkLadys thread. I will upload pics tomorrow of letter recieves from scs and letter I replied with - once i figure out how to do this!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,657Users online

Martin's Twitter