clemmatis Posts: 3,168 Forumite
    Options
    Sammyantha wrote: »
    How do I join?

you can sign up on the site

http://www.valuedopinions.co.uk/join/
  • Sammyantha
    Options
    Thanks, got it :D Are any of these worth it? just spent about 2 hours filing out all the personal info (fishing for spam???) thingies on here, toluna, pinecone, and lightspeed. Not a survey in sight as yet though...
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • clair2305
    clair2305 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    anyone else having problems with Valued Opinions.

I joined a couple of weeks ago and in the last week I've had 5 invites to complete surveys but every time I click the link, or copy the shortcut to the link and paste in a new window, I keep getting a message about data inconsistencies.

I emailed VO, and then got a message they were having technical problems but again today I got another survey invite and the same thing happened again!!!
  • Raine_E_Day
    Options
    I've had security-related problems with their site for a couple of weeks and emailed them but they've not responded. I never seem to complete survey because of these warnings or because their page crashed, so it means I've provided stacks of info to them for nothing! One warning was about giving access to my clipboard. It seems to be a problem when they provide a link within the survey.
    “Rain drops are not the ones who bring the clouds.”
  • NuttyNat1983
    Options
    I signed up for Valued opinion on the 5th May and already have got £6.25 and you only need £10 to get a voucher. You can get vouchers for loads of places, including Tesco. So hoping it will save me some money on shopping.

The only downside is that you need to be really quick in doing the surveys as they get snapped up very quickly.

The surveys vary in how long they take but often they are short, with the odd 25 minute one.

I have the ap on my phone but I never find any surveys on there, so stick to the website.
  • bubbleoflife_2
    Options
    I've been doing surveys (mostly with Valued Opinions and Vivatic) for the past 2 weeks and they don't seem very good value for the time one spends on them. 0.75-£1 is not much for 1+ hour of work. Although both sides state the time required ranging between 15 minutes to 1/2 hour, it actually takes a lot longer to complete a survey.

They're ok if I'm fidgeting about things and need something to do, but otherwise I'd rather study and get more money in return as private tutor ;)
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 May 2011 at 12:00PM
    Options
    I've been doing surveys (mostly with Valued Opinions and Vivatic) for the past 2 weeks and they don't seem very good value for the time one spends on them. 0.75-£1 is not much for 1+ hour of work. Although both sides state the time required ranging between 15 minutes to 1/2 hour, it actually takes a lot longer to complete a survey.

They're ok if I'm fidgeting about things and need something to do, but otherwise I'd rather study and get more money in return as private tutor ;)
    Well everyone's experience varies, I have always found the suggested time required is relatively close to the actual and don't think I've ever had a survey take 1+ hour (certainly not a 75p-£1 one, have had £3-4 surveys take less than that). If it is a long one then once I've been accepted in a survey I'll spend a few mins doing other stuff every few pages to break up the monotony.

May be an irrelevant amount of money to you but for some of us every penny counts. Personally I've made £135 on Valued Opinions in the last year (add in a couple of other survey sites and I've totalled just over £400 in a year for what I think averages about 2-3 hours a week spent doing them)
  • ahall3519
    ahall3519 Posts: 580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I think Valued Opinions is probably one of the better survey sites. I've never had any problems with them and I seem to manage to get quite afew vouchers per year out of them for not much time! :T
    Number 17-Pay off all your debt by Xmas 2024 Tesco CC £50/£127.95 Debt=39% paid.
  • londongirl44
    Options
    I'm a newbee to this site and only joined three days ago. However, I am finding that although I'm getting surveys they either kick me out towards the beginning or I spend ages filling it in and it won't let me complete it. It goes "greyed out".

I was doing the one on financial products where they want you to send them text messages (for £4). The initial survey was very long and I got through 5 1/2 red dots (at the top) out of 8. It took me a long time to do it, over 1/2 hour and then it greyed out and wouldn't let me continue. Well, today's Friday. I switch my computer off at night, so now I daresay I will lose everything I filled in. This is not the first one either. Its like they're getting your answers for free, because boy, did I give them a lot of info already for that one.

Its depressing. I only have one which says "payment pending" and I think that one was only a £1. The others say "participated" (5) or "screen out" (2). I am feeling that I am being taken for a ride! Has anyone else ever been paid for "participated"?

Thanks!
  • NuttyNat1983
    Options
    Do you have to declare to tax man if your winning vouchers rather than cash?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure