Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Trickytrotter
    Trickytrotter Posts: 10 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 23 February 2017 at 2:19PM
    Options
    Went on Sky Chat yesterday. After an hour got offered the 60% that was in the email they had sent me that morning (would only offer 40% initially!) plus £40 credit. Declined as still wanted me to pay full price for Mutliroom.
  • TolsBols
    Options
    Any thoughts on whether this Sky Q monthly offer is a good deal?

I am a current Sky+ customer and am moving house. I phoned Sky to cancel and for me to to remain and upgrade to a Sky Q 1TB, Original Bundle + Sky Sports, Multiroom, Fibre 25MB and Sky Talk Evenings and Weekends, they've offered £67.91 p/month.

The catch is that the TV bit is on a 33% discount for 10 months, so it goes from £33.50 to £50 after that. The Multiroom runs for 12 months, and the Fibre and Talk is for 18 months.

On top of that, it's £35 to install the Sky Q and Multiroom together.

Just wanted to know if that compares well with what my fellow MSE users are paying for their Sky Q package?
  • patchman
    patchman Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    My contract is up in a few weeks so went on live chat to see what they can do ( box sets £38 + 1 multiroom £12). Best I was offered was 20% off box sets for 12 months on a new contract, they wouldn't budge on the multiroom. Kindly declined and cancellation set in motion. Had a missed call from Sky yesterday so went back on live chat and was offered 50% off box sets for 12 months to which I accepted. They still wouldn't do anything on the multiroom. After asking again he still declined but said he would put me on a rolling contract so no tie in, also if I wanted sports &/or movies these could be added on within the 12 months for half price as well, so all in all not too bad:)
  • Vegastare
    Options
    Having cancelled - I had call from Sky was offered 60% this time 12 mths no tie in , yet have had no confirmation e mail text or message on TV to confirm this - still show advice of cancellation and date on services on telly. If it goes through it is £10 less than previous price.

how quick do they confirm....they were quick with the cancellation had e mail through within minutes of coming of online char
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Vegastare wrote: »
    Having cancelled - I had call from Sky was offered 60% this time 12 mths no tie in , yet have had no confirmation e mail text or message on TV to confirm this - still show advice of cancellation and date on services on telly. If it goes through it is £10 less than previous price.

how quick do they confirm....they were quick with the cancellation had e mail through within minutes of coming of online char
    If you've already accepted it then your online account should show it, I've always had emails very quickly (sometimes before I've finished talking to them).

If you've not accepted it then you won't get a confirmation at all.
  • Vegastare
    Options
    Just looked online and all ok. Thanks again - was just concerned no email came through.
  • stressedbrian
    Options
    Our current deal runs out in a few weeks so I called to see what the best deal is we can get.

We have Tv original, Broadband, phone and anytime calls.

I want the SkyQ box and new router plus would really like the 32 inch LG tv that current signs ups get.

At first the best they (cancellations) could do was £41 on 12 months for the original deal we had above and £199 to get the sky Q kit. I talked it over with my wife and decided we would cancel.

I called back the retentions line and explained the deal was not good enough and that we wanted to leave they obiously said they would see what they could do and I was the offered the same original deal we were on for £41 but over 18 months!

Both people I spoke to seemed very inexperienced, I was very warm and upbeat but the very young sounding female seemed to have very little room for manoeuvre and was completely emotionless throughout.

I was actually quite surprised how easily I was able to cancel!

I wonder if my lack of packages and bolt-ons makes me not that appealing a customer!

Any suggestions appreciated!
  • richt71
    richt71 Posts: 946 Forumite
    Options
    Left sky 6 weeks ago. Had a number of missed calls from them recently. Finally spoke to them yesterday and got 5 months original + cinema free then 60% off from month 6. No long term contract.
    Think I've only ever paid full price for sky for 6 months in the last 4 and a half years of being with them.
  • stressedbrian
    Options
    that's quite interesting but its a pain to have to leave then come back - which is what I am doing!
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Any suggestions appreciated!

Now you have actually cancelled, wait for the offers. You will never get a deal just by phoning 'to see what the best deal is'. As suggested many times in this thread, check the app, TV and My Sky on the website for offers.

If you inititated the call, then you probably haven't spoken to the retentions department as they tend to be outbound calls only. Front line staff have very little room for manouvere as you have found. Nothing to do with their age or experience!

How much are you paying now?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure