Pet Insurance Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Miroslav

I have moved your post to this thread, so that you may be able to find an answer to your query.

savvy
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • bargainbelle
    Options
    I found this company very good

http://www6.marksandspencer.com/pages/default.asp?PageId=home&Product=PI

They also insure your pet for life not just year to year, so if your pet gets a life long illness during the term of the insurance they WILL insure you again the next year, where as lots of companies don't.
    Bargainbelle :T
  • Miroslav
    Miroslav Posts: 6,193 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    savvy wrote:
    Hi Miroslav

I have moved your post to this thread, so that you may be able to find an answer to your query.

savvy

Thank You, I'm still coming to terms with the amount of areas on this board :D
  • Miroslav
    Miroslav Posts: 6,193 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I found this company very good

http://www6.marksandspencer.com/pages/default.asp?PageId=home&Product=PI

They also insure your pet for life not just year to year, so if your pet gets a life long illness during the term of the insurance they WILL insure you again the next year, where as lots of companies don't.

Thanks, much appreciated :)
  • mando_2
    mando_2 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Pet plan are one of the best as they cover for life and are a bit like the rolls royces of pet insurance, so cost more than others. I've never heard anyone complain about them when claiming from them.

I'm with Marks and Spencers as they also cover for life so long as I keep renewing with them. They have paid out no problem, but their admin is slow when starting up your policy. This year I've changed mine to a no excess policy - which was cheaper than last years when I had a £60 excess. I haven't claimed since changing to the no excess policy so I have no idea if they still pay out as quick and easy as before. I hope so!
  • Jim02
    Jim02 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, Can anyone advise on cheap, but good, pet insurance? I've tried doing a search on this forum, but unfortunately the word 'pet' is too short! As is the word 'dog'!! Ideally I want to apply on-line for immediate cover, but this isn't essential. The important thing is that I get good cover for the little'un, but also I don't want to pay any more than I have to!

Thanks

J
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Options
    Mine is with Tesco at £11 for two cats. Good value, but never had to use it thankfully.

Try this link http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1085016075,31018,

It should take you to Martins article on the main website where you can look up Pet insurance. If the link doesn't work, click on INSURANCE in the orange boxes on the left and follow through that.

HTH
  • p3gg
    p3gg Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    It's worthwhile checking out https://www.animalfriends.org.uk

Their Gold Standard cover and higher are "full lifetime" policies which provide year-on-year cover for any ongoing or recurrent conditions: as far as I'm aware they're one of very few companies who offer this without charging the earth.

Animalfriends also claims to donate 100% of its net profits to animal charities.

(By the way, "cat" is also a short word, and I expect the site software wouldn't let you search for "pu55y" either...)
  • Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just make sure you get insurance with a company that will insure your pet for life (even if it get's a lifetime disease). No point in paying for insurance if only the cheaper treatments are paid for.
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You would be just as well stashing a monthly amount into a high interest savings account, but if you want to go the insurance route then Pet Plan is well worth taking a look at and is one of the better ones out there, just avoid anything with E&L in it's literature like the plague! :)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure