Options

Comments

• XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Updating my list to keep me on track :)

Three for Thursday and a couple of extras

1) [STRIKE]Buy printer cartridges for work printer and get printer to work[/STRIKE] Done :)
    2) Print off passport application if fix printer - not done, I need to find my passport and take a new photo

3) Drop off dry cleaning for DH - now Friday
    4) Find 2 dresses that need repairing and drop off (in dry cleaners) - now Friday
    5) [STRIKE]Scan DH payslip and send to mortgage broker along with the PDF of mine or post it[/STRIKE] Done :)
    6) Make appointment for eyebrow waxing - not done
    7) Give kitchen an quick once over - not done
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • XSpender
    Options
    3 times I tried to post yesterday and got distracted by one thing or another, the first being a work call at barely 8am :eek:

I had another great training session at the new gym last night and will try and squeeze 3 sessions in next week as I am not away overnight for once. Nothing else on my list was achieved.

I did a small food shop and bought the last of DS gifts, the piñata, a birthday badge, and a sparkler candle. DH has bought DS a gift at work and I bought him a lava lamp at asd@ as requested so we are not going to get him the other gift we had planned. I couldn't find a card so we order one from the CF site as I saw one I liked on there. I am going to attempt to make his cake, a number 8, as I had a pink number 8 for my birthday.

I am really struggling to achieve much more than work, childcare, a gym class (by leaving work a bit earlier than I should :o) and feeding the dog. I'm not sure what the answer is. My 3 things a day for this week just didn't happen. I have fished out my bullet journal to try and plan May so I can achieve more.

I only want a clean house, healthy meals, a couple of trips to the gym a week and quality time with DH and DS. Am I trying to fit too much in?

Today's plans are:

1) Complete passport application on line. Will need a new photo and printing out. Want to have this ready to post on Monday (5 weeks tomorrow until girls holiday:eek:)
    2) Skate boarding with DS into the village to take dry cleaning and dress repairs and into the park
    3) Joiner coming to fit cupboard door - need to pay for door handle
    4) Pork, greens and roast sweet potato for dinner
    5) Chicken or cheese salad wraps for lunch
    6) 3 loads of laundry - washed, dried, ironed and put away (DH to help with ironing)
    7) Tidy and clean living room and dining room
    8) Clean kitchen and floor
    9) Order DS birthday card
    10) Walk the dog

We are out all day tomorrow for DS final game of the season and an end of season meal so not much will get done on Sunday.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ooh, you've just reminded me, our printer cartridge has had it!

I know what you mean about time. And energy for it. I am tired. I do a fair bit of travelling at the moment and have been going up the night before so that I don't get up before 5am and then expect to perform in the meetings. It means home life is suffering but as my retirement horizon is looming, I can live with it.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • XSpender
    Options
    Ooh, you've just reminded me, our printer cartridge has had it!

I know what you mean about time. And energy for it. I am tired. I do a fair bit of travelling at the moment and have been going up the night before so that I don't get up before 5am and then expect to perform in the meetings. It means home life is suffering but as my retirement horizon is looming, I can live with it.

Another 20 years for me unfortunately :(

I am pleased with what we achieved yesterday and that the 2 frogs I had had at the beginning of the week, the party and the passport, have both been swallowed. :)

1) [STRIKE]Complete passport application on line. Will need a new photo and printing out. Want to have this ready to post on Monday (5 weeks tomorrow until girls holiday) [/STRIKE]Done :j
    2) [STRIKE]Skate boarding with DS into the village to take dry cleaning and dress repairs and into the park[/STRIKE] Done, £55 on dry cleaning :eek:
    3) [STRIKE]Joiner coming to fit cupboard door - need to pay for door handle[/STRIKE] Done
    4) Pork, greens and roast sweet potato for dinner DS was fed but DH and I didn't eat dinner :o
    5) [STRIKE]Chicken or cheese salad wraps for lunch[/STRIKE] Done
    6) [STRIKE]3 loads of laundry - washed, dried, ironed and put away (DH to help with ironing) [/STRIKE] 2 loads done and DH did some ironing so I'm classing that as a tick
    7) Tidy and clean living room and dining room - made a start
    8) Clean kitchen and floor
    9) Order DS birthday card
    10) [STRIKE]Walk the dog[/STRIKE] Done at the park with DS on his skateboard

The new door in the hall has made a huge difference and DH is keen to get it painted to match the rest asap :) We asked the joiner about coming back next month to replace the sink unit in the utility which he will come and give us a quote for. We already have the worktop and tiles for this, just need a basic 600 cupboard unit, a sink and a tap. I also have enough paint left over from the kitchen and breakfast room to decorate it so shouldn't cost too much to complete.

I have a couple of minutes before I must go and get us all ready for a trip to the next county, about an hour away, for DS final matches of the season. We are having an end of season lunch afterwards which will mean we only need a light dinner.

Once we get back it will be homework, a bit more laundry, walk the dog and bullet journal planning for May. I also need to decide which frogs are getting tackled next week.

Have a lovely day everyone :)
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    I am pleased with what we achieved yesterday and that the 2 frogs I had had at the beginning of the week, the party and the passport, have both been swallowed. :)

Did I miss something? why are you swallowing two frogs? :eek::eek: :rotfl:
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • XSpender
    Options
    I have another 2 this week Suffolklass but I am force feeding DH one of them. :rotfl: They are:

1) Sell DS old bikes
    2) Full house clean

DS played brilliantly yesterday (his team won all 5 of their matches) and the coaches made a point of telling him they wanted him back next season. He starts playing a different type of game (same sport) next season and they have told us he is more than ready for it, has a talent for the game and knows what to do without being told. No idea where he gets it from as no one in DH or my family has ever played.

Work have failed to pay my bonus correctly again. It should hopefully be rectified today. We are skint this month anyway what with broken irons and doors, DS birthday, tickets for the last match of the season, colour run tickets for next month, DS birthday, a 0% offer running out and DH overspending his personal spending money again.

One of the reasons we are skint is we paid for DS bike in full out of the current account last month but haven't sold his bikes which should cover half of the cost. I am hoping I don't have to use the rest of the 52 week challenge pot at the moment but it is looking likely:( We also have a refund from the old electricity supplier on it's way and I need to chase up the refund from DS sports camp that moved venue and he couldn't attend in the Easter holidays. I also had a claim for a train delay but I have lost the ticket. I really wanted to pay at least one of these refunds off the next part of the virgin card.

I have a massive to do list this week (55 items and counting:eek:), a week at home with no overnight stays and DS birthday weekend. I want to get as much of the to do list done during the week so that we can give DS a lovely birthday weekend as I have to drive to Scotland again on his birthday and won't see him on his actual birthday once I have dropped him off at school.

I have dusted off my bullet journal to plan May this morning, work will have to wait a bit ;)
  • XSpender
    Options
    Bonus still hasn't been paid so I will be chasing that first thing this morning :mad:

My to do list has increased to 57 but I have made some progress and have completed 4/57 and made some headway with the laundry . The kitchen has been tidied and looks about 5 times bigger. DH and I have also had a conversation about tidiness and him putting something away when he has finished with it ;)

We should be able to clear the £599.42 balance by the end of the 0% period on 30th May even if a bit has to come out of June's money on the 20th May. I keep forgetting about the bike money and refunds which will be another £200-£250 depending on what sells. More if we sell another couple of items.

I don't think DH getting paid on the 20th last month instead of the end of the month like has done since for ever has helped my budgeting as I have changed the way I use YNAB i.e. do it properly :o and have lost the plot a bit.

Today's mini to do list:

Pick up dry cleaning and dress repairs (already paid for)
    Finish laundry and dry on line
    Defrost chicken and freeze pork steaks
    Make something decent for tea (chicken curry and cauliflower rice from DH new diet plan)
    Chase bonus
    Chase sports camp refund
    Wash our bedding and remake bed
    Complete presentation 1
    Complete presentation 2
    Monthly reporting
    Expenses
    Create other report table

Forgot to mention DMIL has asked for some money for the ironing she did and DFIL cutting the grass but still hasn't mentioned the ruined iron so that is another £20 to find.
  • XSpender
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    Bonus still hasn't been paid so I will be chasing that first thing this morning :mad:

[STRIKE]Pick up dry cleaning and dress repairs (already paid for)
    Finish laundry and dry on line
    Defrost chicken and freeze pork steaks
    Make something decent for tea (chicken curry and cauliflower rice from DH new diet plan)
    Chase bonus
    [/STRIKE]Chase sports camp refund
    Wash our bedding and remake bed
    [STRIKE]Complete presentation 1[/STRIKE]
    Complete presentation 2
    [STRIKE]Monthly reporting
    Expenses[/STRIKE]
    Create other report table

Some progress yesterday and I am managing to keep the kitchen tidy :)

Achieved 9/57 of the to do list. It's not going down very quick!

I have a meeting across the city this morning, near where my BF lives so will call in for a cuppa for an hour or so.

I forgot that the curry I planned to make needs marinating over night so made pasta and have prepped the curry for tonight when we both get back from the gym.

Bonus should be paid in today and I have allocated the interest on the account and a tiny bit of cashback to the Virgin CC.

Short to do list today:

Visit friend
    Go to the gym
    Wash towels
    Put away clean laundry and underwear
    Book eyebrow appointment for tomorrow
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    Wow... you are very busy! Know what you mean in all you want and yet where does the time go...I am in the same place. Opted to not do exercise class today so I could be at home, have dinner with family and well, breathe..

Hope your week goes well and you get the bank holiday off x
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    I am also slipping on the bucket journal so will dust that off also. After a cracking March, April was a bit sparse...need to reinvigorate for May..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback