Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You don't need to use the touchpad remote with Sky Q you get (or did) when we signed up one of each type. I found the touchpad ok once I got used to the sensitivity not everyone in the household did though so found it easier to use the normal remote.
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It'l be interesting to see if Sky will make her an offer on fibre to retain her or not.

Well she phoned me last night to say she is not going to cancel the offer with sky over the phone, but just to contact vodafone to start the switch as today is the last for the vodafone deal.

Not sure if thats the right way to do it but she says she is well within the cooling off period anyway and out of contract so the switch should be the notice needed.
  • FGdsa21
    FGdsa21 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Received notification today that my Sky Variety package would increase in price from 1st April from £32.00 to £33.50. So I logged on to my online Sky page to see if they was offering me any upgrade offers and I came across what looked a good deal, it was on a 'Flash Sale' page and the offer was only available for another 30 hours, it is called 'Sky Sports Deal' inclusive of Sky Sports with HD and Sky Entertainment with HD, 18 month contract £40 a month reduced from £58, and could be redeemed by ringing a given number.

So rang the number and was passed through to 3 different advisors after the first told me they could do the package for £48 and all 3 advisors saying the same £48, I told them that was not acceptable when I had a clear offer on my webpage for £40 but even after talking to a manager they said it would be £48!!! Pointing out to them that trading standards would be informed of this.

Then told to ring retentions tomorrow, it is closed today because of the weather.

Anybody had similar problems with Sky
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    SeeMe wrote: »
    Well she phoned me last night to say she is not going to cancel the offer with sky over the phone, but just to contact vodafone to start the switch as today is the last for the vodafone deal.

Not sure if thats the right way to do it but she says she is well within the cooling off period anyway and out of contract so the switch should be the notice needed.

I'm not sure if switching supplier will activate her cooling off period, not too many people will accept an offer and then switch. She'll need to watch what she's being charged by Sky.
  • wolf12
    wolf12 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    My current discount period is coming to an end, currently paying £33 for the full TV package (excluding cinema) with it going up to £74 next month. Didnt have to do much apart from stating that I wanted to keep my current package and didnt want to pay much more than what Im paying right now. Ive just agreed the following deal via live chat

Sky Entertainment £20, each pack £1, HD, box sets and kids. Sports £10, Sports HD £2.

Total £35.

18 month contact

Happy to accept and only took my around 5 mins to agree.
  • Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wolf12 wrote: »
    My current discount period is coming to an end, currently paying £33 for the full TV package (excluding cinema) with it going up to £74 next month. Didnt have to do much apart from stating that I wanted to keep my current package and didnt want to pay much more than what Im paying right now. Ive just agreed the following deal via live chat

Sky Entertainment £20, each pack £1, HD, box sets and kids. Sports £10, Sports HD £2.

Total £35.

18 month contact

Happy to accept and only took my around 5 mins to agree.
    How long is the deal for? If it’s only 12 months you’ll be paying the other 6 at full rate.
  • Threepints
    Options
    With six hours to go before cut off yesterday I gave sky a call. No problem at all getting through.

I was out of contract and was on the old family package with box sets for £38 pm.

When I'd originally called 30 days ago they couldn't offer a good deal. Yesterday I came away with :

Sky Entertainment. £15 pm - 12 months
    Sky HD. £3 pm. 12 months
    Sky Q multiscreen. £12 pm. 18 months

Sky Q 2TB box
    Sky Q mini box

Installation of Sky Q was free, should have been £85.

Personally I was happy with this deal.
  • ejv
    ejv Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Threepints wrote: »

When I'd originally called 30 days ago they couldn't offer a good deal. Yesterday I came away with :

Sky Entertainment. £15 pm - 12 months
    Sky HD. £3 pm. 12 months
    Sky Q multiscreen. £12 pm. 18 months

Sky Q 2TB box
    Sky Q mini box

Does the "Entertainment" pack include the erstwhile News and Documentaries pack?
  • Threepints
    Options
    ejv wrote: »
    Does the "Entertainment" pack include the erstwhile News and Documentaries pack?

It's very easy to look up on the Sky website

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/#!Documentaries-4
  • zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    Well the Sky+ box packed up tonight. Lost all recorded and kept programmes :(
    Any suggestions what to go with? Think the box is officially dead, tried all the suggestions listed on sky.
    It's either new box for £200 or engineer for £65..
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback