New attacks on I.B claimants

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• danielanthony
    danielanthony Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options
    I wish there was a way I could opt-out of my taxes paying for the Welfare State, those with bleeding hearts could shoulder the cost of keeping millions of people sitting around at home whining about why they can't/wont work.

My taxes could then be used for more important things like roads, schools and hospitals.
  • BLT_2
    BLT_2 Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    Options
    kaya wrote: »
    "

on another note we have a report abuse button so why not a report troll button? its getting tedious that every thread is ruined by halfwitted bored morons , im sure there comments could be removed by a mod without ruining the thread

By halfwitted bored morons you mean anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view?

I love this thread, my particular favourite being a poster who is too ill to work, unable to get out of bed in the mornings as she cannot face the day but still manages to spend 12 hours a day online, verbalising on the iniquities of the social welfare system and advising on the best way to claim. There are typists out there doing full time jobs who use the keyboard less than he/she :rotfl:
  • Vedder2008
    Vedder2008 Posts: 293 Forumite
    Options
    Hopefully the government will consider re-employing the many thousand fraudsters found as fit to work, as assessors, so they can use their personal knowledge and experience to identify the various scams ; ) job for life. Well done DC, let the whinging begin.[/QUOTE

Your'e so right there happychappy, as they say it takes one to know one!
  • deeplyblue
    deeplyblue Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    I wish there was a way I could opt-out of my taxes paying for the Welfare State, those with bleeding hearts could shoulder the cost of keeping millions of people sitting around at home whining about why they can't/wont work.

My taxes could then be used for more important things like roads, schools and hospitals.
    Opt out of the welfare state, and you'll lose:
    1. the nhs
    2. state schools
    3. old-age pensions
    since they are all part of the Welfare State.

Without contributions from the healthy and the (comparatively) wealthy, all of these would disappear for everyone. Then sick would die, the old would freeze, the homeless would starve and many children would go uneducated.

You might even find that all you saved would be taken up caring for your children, or your parents or even that annoying baby brother who can't get a job. Remove his benefit and he'll have to move in with you, or beg on the streets.

db
  • UKoap
    UKoap Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Look at the newspaper.. The Daily Mail!..says it all really doesn't it.?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure