New attacks on I.B claimants

Options

Comments

• summerof0763
    summerof0763 Posts: 825 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I rather think that DX2 was trying to pour oil on troubled waters - although a fat lot of good that did her if some people's reaction is anything to go on!
    you got something to discuss with me?
    no did not think so,b--- out ok,go annoy someone who cares enough
    i came into the world with nothing,and guess what? i still have it!!!:p
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    woof woof,listen to yourself you know nothing,but pretend you do,you onw and kk are all trolls of the worst kind.
    now go away annoy someone that you think actually cares,because i certainly dont.
    enjoy your unhappiness
    I know nothing :wall:because I don't partake in the woe is me society I know nothing please save it.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • summerof0763
    Options
    DX2 wrote: »
    I know nothing :wall:because I don't partake in the woe is me society I know nothing please save it.
    why dont you!!
    and not once have i said "poor me"
    you know sweet nothing about what i am,nor who i am,where i am dearie,so go back to whichever hole you crawled out from
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options

I often wonder whether I would of coped differently with what has happened to me if I hadn't been autistic or even if I hadn't been diagnosed as autistic.

I admit it has effected my judgement, the way I perceive myself & even makes me doubt my own ablities.

Ive been told that I have problems with x, y & z therfore I now think I can't do x, y & z even though I know that I mangaged to do these things before I knew I was autistic.

I am hoping that come September whether I win or lose my court case that I will be able to move on & put this whole horrible episode behing me.

I also believe that I will learn to cope with my autism better when there isn't as much stress in my life & I will be able to prove everyone wrong & do x, y & z.

I hope this makes sense.

Absolutely. I have thought for some time that your diagnosis of autism was the very worst thing that could have happened to you and would have made the point earlier except I thought that you would take offence at this.

My parents' generation were those who were those who lived through the last war and what they went through would be unbelievable these days.

My father (who later became registered disabled) had crippled hands and was unfortunately called up to be a gunner (!) and took far longer than anyone else to take the thing apart etc. His "treatment" was to be sent to a local hospital where they poured boiling water over his hands once a week because they thought he was trying to use this as an excuse to get out of the army! When he started to get second degree burns they finally believed him and discharged him on me medical grounds but he seemed to bear the system no ill will, rather surprisingly!
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    why dont you!!
    you know sweet nothing about what i am,nor who i am,where i am dearie,so go back to whichever hole you crawled out from
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    Options
    why dont you!!

LOL. That told 'em:rotfl::rotfl:
  • Breast_Cancer_Survivor
    Options
    Absolutely. I have thought for some time that your diagnosis of autism was the very worst thing that could have happened to you and would have made the point earlier except I thought that you would take offence at this.

When it was first suggested to me that I was autistic I thought being diagnosed would be a good thing & help me to understand myself better.

It has actually had the opposite effect, I don't know what parts of me are me & what parts are autism anymore.

Being diagnosed has caused me alot of distress, I wouldn't say it was the worst thing that has happened to me as some pretty awful stuff happened to me during my teenage years but it hasn't been the positive experience I thought it would be.

Everytime something happens I now question whether me being autistic has effected the outcome. :(
    I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
    Lucille Ball
  • summerof0763
    Options
    krisskross wrote: »
    now we have to resort to "smillies" awh we saddos are soooooooo funny.
    you could not answer,and this is the best you can do:T LOL!!
  • summerof0763
    Options
    krisskross wrote: »
    didn't think so mmmmm,very quiet
  • BLT_2
    BLT_2 Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    Options

My parents' generation were those who were those who lived through the last war and what they went through would be unbelievable these days.

My father (who later became registered disabled) had crippled hands and was unfortunately called up to be a gunner (!) and took far longer than anyone else to take the thing apart etc. His "treatment" was to be sent to a local hospital where they poured boiling water over his hands once a week because they thought he was trying to use this as an excuse to get out of the army! When he started to get second degree burns they finally believed him and discharged him on me medical grounds but he seemed to bear the system no ill will, rather surprisingly!

Your father came from an earlier age, one where people believed they had a responsibility to support themselves and that the state didn't owe them a living.

This board has a large collection of professional claimants who can tell you every possible angle or illness required to claim off of the state. They would have little in common with your father, he would probably cross the road to avoid them.

Unfortunately the state encourages these people by inventing more and more imaginary illnesses, 50 years ago the only letters after your name were BA Hons, MSc etc, today there are more ASD, ADHD, etc etc than you can shake a stick at.

Oh dear, typing this much has stressed me out, I'm off to the doctor to get a sick note :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure