Whats the best thing you have bought that has actually SAVED you money?

Options

Comments

• sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Options
    Definately my slow cooker too...however I didn't buy it I put a wanted out on Freecycle and got myself a brand new never used one...:)
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
  • SuzySu
    SuzySu Posts: 3,478 Forumite
    Options
    Like others, my computer would have to be my "best buy", otherwise I would never have discovered this site. It has been an absolute lifesaver and I don't mean that lightly.
    YOUR = belonging to you (your coat); YOU'RE = you are (I hope you're ok)

really....it's not hard to understand :T
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Options
    ald65 wrote: »
    Has to be the Breadmaker:j

Yummmmmmmm bread maker

Anyone else noticed how most of us are going for food related items!!

TPAx
    MFW - We've only gone and blooming done it!
    May 2013:j
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Options
    SuzySu wrote: »
    Like others, my computer would have to be my "best buy", otherwise I would never have discovered this site. It has been an absolute lifesaver and I don't mean that lightly.

I know what you mean about this site being a life saver, I tell everyone I come accross to sign up!!

Got slighty hysterical early as 'Martin' was on the radio whilst I was shopping!!

TPAx
  • moneymabel
    moneymabel Posts: 7,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know what you mean about this site being a life saver, I tell everyone I come accross to sign up!!

Got slighty hysterical early as 'Martin' was on the radio whilst I was shopping!!

TPAx

lol-me too, i was driving out my mums and was annoyed that i got there just before martin was on, was tempted to stay in the car and listen but thought mum might be offended !!
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Options
    The thing is I always refer to him as just 'Martin' i'm sure soe of work mates think hes my neighbour or a personal friend (which of course he is!!)
    TPAx
  • tsharp
    tsharp Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    Options
    The British Gas guy who tried to convince me to sign up to his gas tariff even mentioned him the other day, before I was about to use him myself as a reason to do it via cashback and not by a commission chasing door to door salesman!
    "I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something."
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    our best buy ever has to be the pair of hair clippers that OH bought for £9.99 from Argos 15 years ago........he has only had to pay for a barber once in all that time.......and DS who is now 12 has had many a home hair cut too.....these clippers have paid for themselves many many times over.....

....DD who is 14, thankfully has escaped them though......and I am not so extreme with my moneysaving ways to go for the GI Jane look myself :cool:
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • mouseymousey99
    mouseymousey99 Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting thread.....mines the clothes pulley we bought earlier this year, it hangs above the staircase. Its been a godsend, we must have saved pounds by not having to run the dryer anymore.
    Then the magimix, and the yogurt maker!!
  • marshmallow79
    Options
    My best money saving buy was a decent cookbook!
    When I decided to start pulling in the purse strings the first thing that I thought should go was the convenience food so I had to bite the bullet and learn to cook (much to hubbys dismay!:rotfl:).
    Now instead of a standard meal for the three of us costing upwards of £5 I can do a whole days worth of meals for us all for under £5!:T
    1st Aim = Pay off Virgin CC - £3929.11
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport