Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just worked out how to subscribe by phone :rotfl:Only taken me 12 months
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    Spendy day yesterday but all budgeted for - food, new winter boots for DS2, some nice sock yarn to make DH's Xmas present. Resisted buying pretty yarn for me :A

TTd the budget and found just over a tenner for the CC - if I can find another £30 before payday I can bring it down to the next £100 and will be on track to pay off 2/3 months early. The numbers are so low at the moment it's spurring me on!

TODAY IS KITCHEN CUPBOARD DAY
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mothernerd - you are posting v late again... How's the sleeping going?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    TTd the budget and found just over a tenner for the CC - if I can find another £30 before payday I can bring it down to the next £100

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j to the next £100 bracket :j:j:j:j:j:j
    fingers crossed for that last £30
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all,
    Been AWOL since Thursday, so sorry. Had fat club Thursday night and put on 0.5lb but realised why this morning when TOTM arrived (sorry TMI). Organised a fundraising dinner on Friday so rushed home from work, got changed and straight out again - raised £907. Did food shop yesterday and also bought some Christmas pressies - got extra points in B00t$. Charity quiz night last night. Just need to take DD to work (her first day today at her first job!) then I can hopefully have a more relaxing day!!

NSDs - 0/15 so far - hoping today will be as there's nothing we need.
    ORGANISE your time. I am getting better at this
    VALUES - we want to go skiing next year. We have been going for several years, although not 2017 due to lack of funds. It’s expensive, but it’s great fun and the kids love it and there’s only so many more years they will want to come on holiday with us. I need to research deals for February and also Easter holidays. Younger two still in school so won’t be able to take time out.
    ENJOY yourself. Out two nights on the bounce! Exhausted but happy.
    MAKE I usually take stock once a week before doing the food shop. Both freezers were defrosted in the last few months and there is room to store some bits for Christmas.
    BUDGETS All set for the month. Unfortunately my pay this week was a lot less as HMRC have finally sorted out my tax. The agency also took £30 for a student loan – I don’t have one, so that will also need to come back to me grrr.
    EXERCISE No extra - must try to get out in the garden today.
    RULES errr okay!
    IN case of emergency - stocked up on de-icer, scrapers and screenwash at SM this week.
    NOW
    NO takeaways, coffee shops, vending machines, canteens unless for a special event. – None today and none planned this week.
    EVERYONE – 0% credit card will be paid off before Christmas.
    WINTER proof - need to research a heavier duvet for our bed.
    YOU should cook from scratch when you can. All meals from scratch as I follow SW. Will be making an apple crumble today (bit of a contradiction!) and roasted gammon mmmm.
    OUTSIDE [/B Have some plants and bulbs to get in the garden. Will try this today as it doesn't look too bad outside.
    REPORT regularly (daily is best) - Sorry, here today!!
    KINDNESS costs nothing - I agree. I always say thank you to folks holding open doors for me and say goodnight/good weekend to the guys on security. The amount of people who just sail on through without saying anything is astonishing.

Sorry for the essay, have a good day all,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just checking in, I have done 3 No Spend Days out of 3 so far, not struggling at all at the moment though I know I am going to run out of UHT Soy milk in the next week or so, just trying to decide if I can manage half the month milk free.

We were given some fallen cooking apples last week so going to make a crumble today, and try and get outside to do a walk. Didn't make it outside yesterday but I was busy around the house doing chores!
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • Wanna_Bee_Free
    Options
    Still on 0/15 NSDs.

Was despatched yesterday by BF to buy a decorating sponge and, ahem, emergency jaffa cakes. Decided keeping him happy was more important than trying to get him to agree to me improvising. £2.99 spent. Saving loads doing it ourselves though.

Loved popping round to meet my neighbour’s new kittens, all of the cuteness without the bills. BF’s asthma stops me having another cat. Did think about trading him in for kittens but they can’t paint as well!

Enjoyed my session at the gym on Friday and looking forward to putting our feet up later once the painting is done for today. Hoping for a NSD unless we forgot something essential, like paint...

Plumduff, I need to check my dettol now, I had no idea it expired.
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    Kitchen cupboard 1 : Glenda 1

I did clear out the cupboard of doom, but discovered that a run of treacle had popped its lid and had been leaking over EVERYTHING. I leave the subsequent mess to your imagination. Good thing is the contents have been heavily rationalised, and I never need to buy lentils or rice again.
  • Shrewbie
    Shrewbie Posts: 715 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    NSDs Today will be my first of November.

ORGANISE - sorting out my weekly timetable today and will factor in downtime for myself.

VALUES - need to work out whether I am staying in Spain long term or not. Very puzzled by this whole situation.

ENJOY yourself. Next week we are taking a day trip for yet another bank holiday.

MAKE inventory - Done!

BUDGETS - Need to work out the yearly budget again as my social security payment has increased unexpectedly.

EXERCISE currently watching my housemates leave for a park run and feeling a bit lazy and rubbish. Will do better next week. Can't underrstimate those endorphins!

RULES - I feel like I have more discipline these days than I used to have. Need to remember this when I feel like things are getting on top of me.

IN case of emergency - nothing needed apart from warm boots which I'll purchase next week.

Stock up with generic painkillers, cold and flu meds - just as effective as the expensive ones (MSE tested). Will do

NOW is always the right time to start. If you were successful in last month's healthy habit challenge, are you going to continue? Have you another new habit to add? If you fell didn't quite make it, start again now. If you start now you will still be 2 months ahead of those making resolutions in the new year.

No drinking apart from the bank holiday day next week.

NO takeaways, coffee shops, vending machines, canteens unless for a special event. None so far!
    WINTER proof your home, Done

OUTSIDE It may be cold but wrap up warm and make the most of the available light - it will help your immune system and your mental health. Need to do this today!!!!

REPORT regularly (daily is best) Will do!

KINDNESS costs nothing. Everyone you meet is carrying some sort of burden, so try to be kind, especially to yourself. Will do!
    Student loan £5849
    House deposit €18K/€40k
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks for asking apple. To be honest, I am struggling atm. Today's inspiration came from chibird as I had nothing. I had plans for yesterday but both my ankles and knees were very creaky. Getting downstairs to refill my water bottle and get breakfast was slow and painful - forget to take the water bottle down so used one of their empty cordial bottles and the cheese spread I found at the back of the fridge was a mess of black fuzz when I opened it, after getting back upstairs, so I had dry rolled up wraps. Followed this later with the last of the fruit loaf and had a proper meal after 8pm.

Have a mood slump, various minor ailments and aches and have so much I want to do - a lot of things are so nearly 'done', I don't want things to unravel again after all my hard work. So will plan a mixture of self- care and quick wins to make the house look better. Hope to wear better clothes from my wardrobe and maybe wear perfume/ lipstick, dig out the portable rainbows and put together a self-care box and a list of feel good things/ activities.

I have to spend money today as the bathroom light bulb went and we don't seem to have a spare (will probably turn up when the clear up is completed) so may trawl the charity shops in search of a video and some little treats (will set a spending limit). Think next year I need to organise a break for each month, even if it's only a day out.

Have just brushed my teeth, drunk lots of water, bunged food in the oven (will cook whilst I do the other things) and had a sit on the stool shower (arm is improving but I couldn't hold a cup yesterday).

Will report back later (with instructions on the self -care box, explanations of portable rainbows etc for all new turtles and hoping it will help all those who struggle).

Hoping you all have a great day.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport