IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fight the French

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No speculation, eh, Ryandavis1959; it's not the smart thing to do.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    It may happen but it will take years and years ahead

It will happen alright and it will be quicker than you realise.

IF you read a lot of the comments on the dailymail article there are so many haters of the nurses in this case - people wrongly slagging them off for not paying to park etc. The attitude is absolutely appalling.

When there is that much hate for a state funded service that the state wants to scrap... Remember British Rail? - People couldn't stop moaning about that either and now pay higher fares than ever and the railways are still taxpayer subsidised - a lot more than BR!

Don't be so doubtful about it. Just because it sounds far fetched doesn't mean it can't and won't happen.
  • Ryandavis1959
    Options

IF you read a lot of the comments on the dailymail article there are so many haters of the nurses in this case - people wrongly slagging them off for not paying to park etc. The attitude is absolutely appalling.

When there is that much hate for a state funded service that the state wants to scrap... Remember British Rail? - People couldn't stop moaning about that either and now pay higher fares than ever and the railways are still taxpayer subsidised - a lot more than BR!

Don't be so doubtful about it. Just because it sounds far fetched doesn't mean it can't and won't happen.
    The worst comments are on The Sun. Barry Beavis himself posted a link to the gofundmepage. He got abuse off people for it and sarcastic comments. The general comments thread was vile against the nurses!

The Sun and the Daily mail are both nasty papers but it's pathetic that they are so popular. Their comments are always awful.
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I noticed the trolls have crawled out en-masse to slag the nhs off and crucify them. They won't be happy until they see it collapse and then they'll whinge that there is no medical help for them... and blame everyone but themselves for it.

Incidentally (and it took me a while to realise why) the hospitals website isn't responding. At first i thought it was my connection but i think they've been hacked as several minutes later i still can't get any pages on the site to display.
  • Ryandavis1959
    Options

Yes I noticed the trolls have crawled out en-masse to slag the nhs off and crucify them. They won't be happy until they see it collapse and then they'll whinge that there is no medical help for them... and blame everyone but themselves for it.

Incidentally (and it took me a while to realise why) the hospitals website isn't responding. At first i thought it was my connection but i think they've been hacked as several minutes later i still can't get any pages on the site to display.
    That's interesting, as the Indigo website was also down earlier today.

There will always be people taking shots at the NHS, but all healthcare professionals should have free parking like they do in Scotland, as well as free patient parking.
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There will always be people taking shots at the NHS, but all healthcare professionals should have free parking like they do in Scotland, as well as free patient parking.

While you claim to know a lot about our northern neighbours you appear to have gaps in that knowledge.

All Scots hospitals have free parking except for two types - PFI and where the parking company lease the parking from the Trust. Like the Indigo one at Ninewells where staff and visitors are being hounded in a test case similar to the Cardiff one.

Hope Indigo have paid their PR company's bills.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ... There seems to be some sort of myth that I was involved in all 78 cases - I wasn't, my company was involved in one for which I was asked, by you, to Ley rep, I was a lay rep for another that was adjourned, and I assisted with a set aside in a third. But that was it - I didn't write any of the documents, I didn't conduct the case, I merely represented one of the clients.

Just to rebut some of the many inaccuracies and lies in this statement:

From the official transcript of the Case Management hearing (page 137 of the bundle):

THE DISTRICT JUDGE: How many are there? is it dealt with in one of the letters?
    MR W*****: (Short pause) Madam, if it assists, I am instructed it is 27 cases in total.

Also:

"I didn't write any of the documents" is completely untrue. The Lay Rep in question sent several notices to the instructing solicitors accusing them of unreasonable behaviour, and threatening to hit them for substantial costs. He also wrote the skeleton for one of the defendants, and filed a Hearsay Notice to say that one potential witness would be unable to attend.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    While you claim to know a lot about our northern neighbours you appear to have gaps in that knowledge.

All Scots hospitals have free parking except for two types - PFI and where the parking company lease the parking from the Trust. Like the Indigo one at Ninewells where staff and visitors are being hounded in a test case similar to the Cardiff one.

Hope Indigo have paid their PR company's bills.

I think there's 3 Scottish hospitals that still have paid for parking, and I understand that's just until the contracts expire. That could be a while for the PFI hospitals though.
  • Ryandavis1959
    Options
    The Labour First Minister has now claimed that the parking "rules" have to be enforced because there was a death due to "illegal" parking at the hospital. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-40644807

I think it's clear that the English and Welsh establishment is happy with the situation of nurses having to pay £150,000 in parking tickets and this potentially hurts any hope with an appeal, because if the politicians are appealing to emotion like this then the Judges will no doubt follow their paymasters.

(Of course if there truly was a death due to "illegal parking" I doubt it was one of the defendants but RIP that person).
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Right, I have fired off a FoI request to the trust for sight of the contract with Indigo.

Let's see what they come back with.

It has been asked for before. The hospital say they don't have a copy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure