PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dolly - get back there quick and if it's still there try it on! Remember the adage for clothes buying 'Need it Badly, Love it Madly or forget it!!!
    We await your decision ( you know it makes sense lol)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hope your in the queue or that coat as I type xx
    onwards and upwards
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Dolly
    I agree with the last 3 posters - go back and treat yourself.
    From up-thread:
    Pollycat wrote: »
    A bargain is a bargain if you're happy with the price and you really want the item - regardless of how much you've paid and where you bought it from. :)
    Hope it's still there. :)
  • Laredouter
    Laredouter Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    PositiveBalance & VfM4meplse it really did take everything I had not to deck him with it :rotfl:
  • Laredouter
    Options
    dolly84 Yes, I agree with the other commenters! It sounds fab! Go back and rescue it immediately!!
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »
    Dolly - get back there quick and if it's still there try it on! Remember the adage for clothes buying 'Need it Badly, Love it Madly or forget it!!!
    We await your decision ( you know it makes sense lol)

Love the mantra......I'm going to,adopt that one. :rotfl:

My decent find was a pretty fine cotton dressing gown......£2. Happy with that.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,907 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I called into a local cat rescue shop yesterday and they had a gorgeous Boden raincoat. It was navy blue with a white design at the top, 3/4 of the way down were some red stripes off differing widths going around the coat, then the bottom was navy with a white ditsy print, it was a sort of waxed waterproof finish with a bright red fleece lining. Also had a detachable hoods, full zip and poppers and straps on the wrists. It looked seemingly unworn and was £25. I loved it and can't stop thinking about it now.

Trying, and failing, to imagine what 'your' coat looks like dolly....certainly sounds colourful and fun! Did you go back? I once saw a Boden raincoat in our hospice shop but talked myself out of it as it was a riot of colour and pattern. I also couldn't stop thinking about it and went back...of course it had gone! The only Boden thing I possess is a pair of shoes...such fabulous quality....

My Tuesday bargain from BHF was an M & S biker jacket. BNWT but original price removed. Navy faux leather but very realistic, (wondering if it will be like wearing a greenhouse though?). Anyhoo, I have never ever worn anything remotely like it but it fitted nicely and I felt good in it so for £5.50 I gave it a whirl. Intend wearing it with dark jeans or a maxi dress mebbe. Soooo.....yesterday I was in M & S having a squiz at their sale when plonked on the end of a rail I spotted 'the jacket' - just the one and with an original price of £49.50 but £25 in the sale. :D I was so pleased with my bargain that I splurged a whole £7 on a sale pair of M & S navy ankle grazer trousers to go with my new acquisition!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Today's bargains from our hospice shop;
    Pink & purple 100% silk scarf with tassels (Warehouse) £1.00
    Predominantly apricot with pink, green, yellow & white abstract pattern 100% silk scarf £1.50
    Sun hat with yellow & white gingham, pink & white spots and green & white ditsy flowers (the sort that's thin strips sewn around - are you with me?). Age 4-8 (I know, but I have a small head and have to put tucks in the headband usually) £2.00
    And a nice glass elasticated bracelet that took my Mum's fancy 50p.
  • Laredouter
    Options
    Pollycat you are on a roll with the silk scarves! Particularly like the sound of the apricot one
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I called into a local cat rescue shop yesterday ... £25. I loved it and can't stop thinking about it now.

Just think of all the poor little puss-cats that money will help.

It's not giving in to temptation, it's your duty.

I thought I was restrained not spending £3 on trousers in the Sally Army the other day, but I've got loads of work trousers already.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure