sheramber Posts: 19,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    NOT a recommendation

All Clear do extended cover
  • MY_GeeJay
    Options
    EssexExile wrote: »
    You tell the insurer when you're going on holiday & pay them the money. If anything stops you going on those dates, & it's an insured occurrence like accident or illness, they refund your money.[/QUOTE
    Hi EssexExile
    Forgive my stupidity...but does this mean if I've quoted a date going in February 2020 returning March 2020 to Australia that if I pay now that should I not be able to travel for a covered incident I am covered. I had to quote dates I wished to be covered for on my application so am not sure when the insurance actually kicks in!
  • willow33
    willow33 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I followed Martin's advice and after investigating including comparison websites chose the Leisure Guard policy recommended by Martin. Sadly I later found out that friends have already got good cover much cheaper via their Nationwide bank accounts (which Martin does include in an article sent out in the latest email). But this info is NOT on the page about over 65's travel insurance. Would be a good idea to do this. Might have saved me quite a bit of money! Oh well, next year......
  • HoofeHearted
    HoofeHearted Posts: 2,651 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 October 2019 at 2:19PM
    Options
    Forgive my stupidity...but does this mean if I've quoted a date going in February 2020 returning March 2020 to Australia that if I pay now that should I not be able to travel for a covered incident I am covered. I had to quote dates I wished to be covered for on my application so am not sure when the insurance actually kicks in!

It sounds like you have paid for insurance for 1 holiday, as opposed to annual cover.
    For the dates you have given them, you will be covered for issues that occur whilst on holiday.

You are also covered for insurable events that will prevent you going on holiday. This cover starts when you take out the policy.

That is why we should all purchase holiday insurance as soon as the holiday is booked.
  • willow33
    willow33 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I've recently discovered that using a link from 'Silversurfers' (you can be a member for nothing to get all sorts of pointers for discounts, directs you to Staysure Insurance. I've just got a quote and it's HALF the one I've bought using Martin's advice going thru Leisure Guard. I've yet to compare the EXACT details, but surely worth considering and putting on your website?
  • koalakoala
    Options
    willow33 wrote: »
    I've recently discovered that using a link from 'Silversurfers' (you can be a member for nothing to get all sorts of pointers for discounts, directs you to Staysure Insurance. I've just got a quote and it's HALF the one I've bought using Martin's advice going thru Leisure Guard. I've yet to compare the EXACT details, but surely worth considering and putting on your website?

Make sure to check the reviews for Staysure
  • patray
    patray Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Are there any policies out there for medical and repatriation only. We have a house in Cyprus but at 80, with medical issues, and 74 finding it impossible to get cover for the two months twice s year that we would like.

EHIC No good obviously for next year and we don't need all the cancellation add ons.
    I am sure there are quite a few oldies like us that will have to sell up if we can't get medical cover.

• EddyK_bristol
    Options
    Hi All, as we are in the over 70 and over 66 side of life, have found a policy for Schengen zone countries, from Axa, which is for Shengen travel insurance. Minimum 30k but has repatriation and no upper age limit or need to declare previous illness which has restricted in the past. It seems as long as the doctor hasnt told you not to travel and you are fit enough then this is a cheaper alternative and can go over 60 days which most cut off at. Has anyone any experience of these or are they not worth it? We dont need the cancellation insurance or loss of baggage etc as travel by car and its to our sons house.
  • EricDeeson
    EricDeeson Posts: 51 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Help!!! No mention anywhere I can find in MSE or here about good value travel insurance for over-80s.... Eric
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    NoodleDoodleMan Posts: 3,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Help!!! No mention anywhere I can find in MSE or here about good value travel insurance for over-80s.... Eric
    Good luck.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure