Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Big eek to the scooter though.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ooh I like the sound of the bird box....
  • beanielou
    Options
    Bird box looked so cool :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well done on your year end rating and bonus
    :T. Well deserved Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Great news on the review and bonus! :j Don't forget to treat yourself!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,045 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done for getting a bonus! Uh-oh to the scooter... would he settle for a scooter-shaped bird box?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy Friday SA & friends :grin:

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done on your work review SA, I hope you get a big reward :).

I'm glad you pointed out financial realities to Mr SA and :eek: to a new scooter.

Your bird box sounds amazing!

I hope you're going to treat yourself with your bonus, how about a secret shopping day? ;)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,292 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Friday folks :)

I'm going to compile a list of things I need and will have a day off to go shopping in the near future and spend my bonus. There are several things I need that I've put off buying to be honest.

Been frantically busy at work all day, no one could say I don't earn my wages that's for sure. Managed to fit in a quick gym session at lunchtime, had the gym all to myself which was nice.

Hoping we don't get the bad weather predicted for tomorrow as the plan is to visit DS and family in their new house which is 20 miles further north than us and gets snow when we don't.

Had a horrible experience on the way home from work when an idiot on a bike cycling too fast on the pavement through the city centre ran into some pigeons, too fast to stop and killed one right in front of me. It was truly awful. That could've been a human, what a t0$$er. I'm still upset about it.

Mr SA is still singing the praises of the courtesy scooter and has been all over on it with the dog today.

On the bird box front I have three novelty ones now - the new one, one shaped like an old fashioned post box (which the robins use) and one shaped like a beach hut - the birds aren't allowed to go in this one, I might let them use the new one :) Mr SA built a normal one a few years ago which the blue tits use. Plus three bird tables with seed/fat balls and a bird bath. Hashtag spoilt garden birds :rotfl:
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,292 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't think we'll risk going to see DS today. It's not snowing much here but is forecast worse where they live with chance of disruption to roads and rail. Mr SA is moaning as he was looking forward to the trip and the promise of a coffee on the train, although he realises why we shouldn't go.

If we don't go it will be nice for me to have a day to sort myself out, catch up with housework and do the finances. As much as I was looking forward to seeing them in their new house, it would mean a lost day and having to fit everything in tomorrow.

Have a great Saturday folks :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport