The Thrifty Gifty Girls 2009 (Organised & Money Neutral for All Occasions) #3

Options

Comments

• JordanShannon
    Options
    sylphraven- the baileys looks so good. Your framed scrapbook page is gorgeous :D
    Your extended valentine's sounds lovely.

..xx
    I am only me, no pretences, no second guesses.. It's the best I can do, I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you... I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you :A
  • paddingtondoo
    Options
    Jordanshannon big hugs and wise words from someone so young.

I've come to the conclusion that life is basically crud you just have to find your own way of keeping going.

I'm having a right day here - one of the rings has gone ping off my bedroom blind so it won't pull up properly - the back has fallen out of the kitchen drawer so [strike]all[/strike] both my baking trays have dropped down the back and the worst thing of all my newly tidy and organised crafting shelves have collapsed (knew I had too much stuff).

DD is really tearful as the cat woke her up early and I've just ended up shouting at her as I ask her not to do something and 10 mins later she's doing it again :o. Her friend is due round any time now and she's all red and blotchy :rotfl:.

So just a normal day in the nut house today! I need more coffee!!
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I've just caught up with all the posts on this shiney new thread and the ones I'd missed on the old thread :T

PLM - I can relate to what you said in your very beautifully written post. I'm a bit more together now as my little one's collarbone isn't causing him as much upset now and he's getting on with life using only one arm. He's such a hero :D

Huge hugs to those who want one.
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • natzini
    natzini Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello everyone
    *big hugs* to you all, esp PLM.
    Mmm sylphraven did you save any mousse for me?! It looks lush! Otherwise, do you have a recipe at all?
    Made a door sign for my baby Niece yesterday and a wedding anniversary card for her Mum and Dad, both with my new Scrapagogo kit :) Love it.

Un sou est un sou
  • scattymam1
    scattymam1 Posts: 1,045 Forumite
    Options
    rusty - it is free to register and they give you 1,000 points to start.
  • paddingtondoo
    Options
    Quick update on my day:

Tidied all the kitchen drawers but can't find the hammer to fix the broken one :o.

Shelves are officially deceased - unloaded them and tried to put the shelves back but they're too short as the sides have bowed out under the weight :o. Shopping trip needed.

My new phone arrived :j took me an hour to send the first text as have changed make and couldn't find all the settings or even get the sim to register to start off with :o.

Sat on sofa drinking coffee and getting on with DD's gloves - cat came and rubbed herself round my legs then weed on me:eek::eek: - am sure you're all killing yourselves laughing now :rotfl:
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I might change my 1000 post date to Friday at 2pm!
    I 've been at work. came home and already 3 pages have gone!
    I don't know if any of you read 'Womans Own', it had an article on the phenomonon that is the Money saving expert website, and how people post their problems on forums etc!!
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    big hugs to everyone who needs them.

PLM so sorry to hear you have had a bad time recently. I really appreciate the time you take to help others and post on here (and UKS). I love reading your posts and fall about laughing at some of them. however I also feel you have a way with words, giving advice and making people feel better. I value your help and opinions - why do you think I keep PMing you!!

I think a meet up sounds good!

sylphraven I love the framed scrapbook page you made and the little red devil (I thought the words you wrote were lovely). the mouse sounds delicious - baileys is one of the few alcoholic drinks I like!
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • sylphraven
    Options
    ooo, we're part of a phonomena!:j

Paddington, just think of those lovely new shelves you get to buy now, buy bigger ones, preferably as well as tubs, or boxes to hide goodies in, & it gives you plenty of room to buy more goodies :D

I got the recipe here natzini, I suggest you add twice the amount of baileys it says as I could barely taste it. I wish I'd got some left, really fancy it now, its that point where after a roast its gone down enough to leave a space that needs a pud to fill, lol.
    For the baileys I make my own, works out cheap if you normally buy a few bottles a year, or if you want a non alcoholic version. You need:
    Tin condensed milk
    Tin evaporate milk
    1bsp coffee granules mixed with 1tbsp off the boil water.
    1tsp vanilla flavouring/essence
    Whisky (optional)

Mix everything together. I use 1/8th whisky, but this is to my own taste, you may want more or less. If its too thick/sickly add more evap, or less condesed milk next time (I eat about 1/4 of the tin first, lol).
    This recipe tastes gorgeous without the whisky as well, & is fab over vanilla ice cream.
    You cant take a step forward with both feet on the ground
  • JordanShannon
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, sometimes i wake up and think, god why do i even bother, is it even going to be worth it? Then i get on here and think, yeah it is if they can do it why can't i?
    :D And as aurora said (very nicely) you are all angels and shiney stars:A :happyhear lol :rotfl:
    Aha we're all famous :D
    ..xx
    I am only me, no pretences, no second guesses.. It's the best I can do, I'm sorry if that's not good enough for you... I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure