YouGov

Options

Comments

• Gig1968
    Gig1968 Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Took me about six months to reach the 5000 points for the fifty pounds pay out. Had a spell where I was getting four or five surveys a week. Any idea how long it takes to pay out I have given my bank details for them to pay our. I know it says thirty days but just wondered if it was quicker?.
  • tgon
    tgon Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I get about 1 a week. Been doing it for about 15 years I think, cashed in £50 once that took years to save and only ever won a DVD in all that time. Very poor value for your time but its nice to see the news item on TV sometimes quoting its survey source as YouGov :)
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    Options
    tgon wrote: »
    I get about 1 a week. Been doing it for about 15 years I think, cashed in £50 once that took years to save and only ever won a DVD in all that time. Very poor value for your time but its nice to see the news item on TV sometimes quoting its survey source as YouGov :)

Not sure Id go as far as poor value for your time. I think the issue isn't so much the money per survey, but that you get so few surveys so that it takes months to get your £50. Also when you do get a survey it is like 25 points.

When I cashed out in the summer I had my £50 in roughly a week or so. But to give some indication - I cashed out Populous and YouGov at the same time in the summer - and I have already cashed out again with Populous, while with YouGov I am just under 50% of the way there....urgh.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I quit YouGov about 2 months ago. It'd gone from taking 11 months to reach a 50 payout circa 2012/2013 to 18 months in 2018. For them to subtly drop their rates that much, just ain't worth the bother IMHO. Particularly as they kept pestering me to give my time and opinions for free in various other forms, like extra questions at the end of surveys, joining their 'opinion formers' and business panels. Utter rubbish these days.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• sebloak
    sebloak Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Took me about 10 months for my first £50, and its looking like 10 months for the next. It doesn't bother me the length of time its taking as its still like £5 a month anyway, except it comes in one payment after 10 months
  • samamaar
    Options
    Marvqn1 wrote: »
    If a YouGov survey is an Oracle survey, does this mean it's a prize draw survey only and not for points?
    I think so.
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    Has anyone had a £50 payment from yougov in last 3 weeks as i asked for one 3 weeks ago and still waiting.

i know they say that it can take up to 4 weeks but all the other times i have had a payment its taken a week at the most.

they seem to be a bit slow at the moment.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    Options
    GooeyBlob wrote: »
    I've been with YouGov for around 15 years and have had 2 cheques for £50 each.

Good Lord.

I estimate it takes me about 8-9 months to get to £50, but it is a slow old haul.

You must be missing an awful lot of surveys to be going at that rate. Either that or your likes are set to "celery, Euro Truck Simulator and Nigel Farage" :eek:
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • sebloak
    sebloak Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone had a £50 payment from yougov in last 3 weeks as i asked for one 3 weeks ago and still waiting.

i know they say that it can take up to 4 weeks but all the other times i have had a payment its taken a week at the most.

they seem to be a bit slow at the moment.

I cashed out on 15 feb, hasn't arrived in account yet.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today, there's a survey on YouGov that says it takes about 12 to 14 minutes, but it doesn't mention anything about points, but it doesn't say it's a prize draw survey either. Usually at the start, it says how many points a survey is.

Does that suggest that its only a prize draw survey?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback