YouGov

Options

Comments

• NaughtiusMaximus
    Options
    Seems like a lot of people have had bad experience on YouGov Ive always quite enjoyed YouGov felt the rewards are fair (yes it does take an age to withdraw) but i can normally get £100 in a year

How on earth do you manage that?

I joined in July last year, have completed every single paid survey plus the vast majority (definitely over 90%) of the unpaid ones/daily questions and am less that halfway to my first £50.
  • Marmaduke123
    Marmaduke123 Posts: 813 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It takes me about 3 years to get to £50! I think it probably depends on your profile, which will determine how many surveys you get offered. It seems pretty slow at the moment.
  • fly-catchers
    Options
    I get £50 roughly every 12/18 months. Good thing about YouGov you are never screened out. So that might explain why there are such differences between the time it takes for people to reach £50.
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I too get 2 payouts a year (£100) and never had any bother getting the cash, I don't even have to ask for it, just goes straight into my bank account.
    There are no unpaid syrveys any more and I average about 1 survey a week.
    It must depend on your profile and what you have set up for frequency, I have no idea why my profile attracts them though as when answering the questions I realise just how boring my life actually is.
    I am now halfway to my next payout, I'll come back and tell you when I get there.
  • Gizmo72
    Gizmo72 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Gizmo72 said:
    Gizmo72 said:
    I tried to cash out just over a month ago but never received the money. I have e-mailed them a few times but have not had a reply yet, apart from ones that say they received my e-mail and are looking into it, and telling me to go to the site's FAQs and help centre - this is especially frustrating as I am currently unemployed and, as I said earlier, it takes me about two years to get £50 with YouGov, and the only other money I get is £5 a month with Sun Savers, but they stopped that a couple of months ago and haven't yet said what, if anything, will replace them.
    I finally got a reply from YouGov and they said there was a problem with my payment, so they're sending a BACS payment to my bank account and I should get it by around the 9th March.
    I actually got the money on 8th March.
    "A dog will sit next to you while you work. A cat will sit on the work."
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Does anyone use the YouGov Direct app where they do daily questions?
    I'm having a nightmare when cashing out of it at the moment, at least the last 2/3 times when I try to cash out with the linked bank account I used the previous time it says there is a problem & the payment as been returned by my bank (or other similar error) so I try to change the account and each time i've had to change it to a completely different banking institution & it won't even accept the original account despite all details being correct. I've messaged them but been fobbed off with pleasantries thanking me for my feedback without any indication they will look into it or what the problem is, if this happens each time I go to cash out i'm going to run out of bank accounts to use very quickly
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Gizmo72 said:
    Gizmo72 said:
    I tried to cash out just over a month ago but never received the money. I have e-mailed them a few times but have not had a reply yet, apart from ones that say they received my e-mail and are looking into it, and telling me to go to the site's FAQs and help centre - this is especially frustrating as I am currently unemployed and, as I said earlier, it takes me about two years to get £50 with YouGov, and the only other money I get is £5 a month with Sun Savers, but they stopped that a couple of months ago and haven't yet said what, if anything, will replace them.
    I finally got a reply from YouGov and they said there was a problem with my payment, so they're sending a BACS payment to my bank account and I should get it by around the 9th March.
    I have been emailing YouGov since June of last year but I have not had a response yet except for the ones which state they received my e-mail and are looking into it, etc.  Could you please tell me what email address they responded to you from so maybe I can finally get them to respond to me too?
  • rich_shot2003
    rich_shot2003 Posts: 2,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jo4 said:
    Gizmo72 said:
    Gizmo72 said:
    I have been emailing YouGov since June of last year but I have not had a response yet except for the ones which state they received my e-mail and are looking into it, etc.  Could you please tell me what email address they responded to you from so maybe I can finally get them to respond to me too?
    They are a nightmare to get hold off.

i have been emailing them for weeks about being locked out of my account and not heard a thing back and did not even get a email back to tell me that they got it.
    i am starting to think they block email addresses but i have tried using another email address and still the same.
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    fingers crossed you both get sorted

I'm still unable to cash out of YouGov Direct, i'm guessing I might be able to if I change the details to yet another bank but its silly now after having to change every time I cash out & using at least 3 different banking institutions so far
    & now I can't cash out from the main panel either as when I confirm my details and bank account it just refreshes and doesn't process it and no error to give me any clues
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • Gizmo72
    Gizmo72 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The latest problem I'm having with YouGov surveys is failing non-existent quality check questions - for example, I might be given a list of companies and asked which ones I'd heard of - I click on the ones I've heard of and the next page says I've been kicked off the survey for either failing the quality check questions or not reading the question properly, and if this carries on I might have my account suspended.
    "A dog will sit next to you while you work. A cat will sit on the work."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure