YouGov

Options

Comments

• jools1985
    jools1985 Posts: 326 Forumite
    Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud! First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 November 2020 at 12:52PM
    Options
    I joined in 2016 and reached my first £50 payout yesterday. It's been a long long time to clock uo to the £50, but it was only a few minutes of my time every time I did get a survey to do. they paid out really quickly once I had hit the magic 5000 points. I redeemed my points and the £50 was in my bank within an hour. I didn't expect that so I'm very happy.
  • General_Grant
    Options
    I registered with them around 2014 and was satisfied - took maybe 9 months to reach £50 and so received about £150 before the surveys suddenly dried up and no explanation other than the normal boiler plate answer which tells you nothing.  I re-joined late in 2019 via a different route and was receiving surveys until again they suddenly stopped without explanation and not reaching the magic £50.  I don't mind them apparently throwing me off their panel but I do mind that they won't pay for the answers already provided.
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've been doing these for years. The pay has never gone up in at least 15 years. Same as the others, the fee stays the same for ever.
  • sandspider2000
    sandspider2000 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 November 2020 at 12:17PM
    Options
    I registered with them around 2014 and was satisfied - took maybe 9 months to reach £50 and so received about £150 before the surveys suddenly dried up and no explanation other than the normal boiler plate answer which tells you nothing.  I re-joined late in 2019 via a different route and was receiving surveys until again they suddenly stopped without explanation and not reaching the magic £50.  I don't mind them apparently throwing me off their panel but I do mind that they won't pay for the answers already provided.
    My experience too. Worked well for a couple of years, then surveys dried up. I contacted them and they responded quickly and got my account going again. But no surveys now for over a year, no response to 10 or so emails to support, no answers to phone calls and they owe me £40 or so. Completely useless.
  • Gizmo72
    Gizmo72 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I tried to cash out just over a month ago but never received the money. I have e-mailed them a few times but have not had a reply yet, apart from ones that say they received my e-mail and are looking into it, and telling me to go to the site's FAQs and help centre - this is especially frustrating as I am currently unemployed and, as I said earlier, it takes me about two years to get £50 with YouGov, and the only other money I get is £5 a month with Sun Savers, but they stopped that a couple of months ago and haven't yet said what, if anything, will replace them..
    "A dog will sit next to you while you work. A cat will sit on the work."
  • themoneyearner
    Options
    Seems like a lot of people have had bad experience on YouGov Ive always quite enjoyed YouGov felt the rewards are fair (yes it does take an age to withdraw) but i can normally get £100 in a year
    Anyone download the yougov safe extension as well made like £9 off that
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    Seems like a lot of people have had bad experience on YouGov Ive always quite enjoyed YouGov felt the rewards are fair (yes it does take an age to withdraw) but i can normally get £100 in a year
    I am a bit confused on the Yougov safe extension as after doing it for Google it says come back next week to upload but then on the extension its telling me next upload due in 28 days.
    so is it every 7 days or 28 days?
  • themoneyearner
    Options
    I think its 28 days for the chrome one, 28 for spotify and 7 for Netflix, made £14.00 off it, Just wish there was more surveys
    I am a bit confused on the Yougov safe extension as after doing it for Google it says come back next week to upload but then on the extension its telling me next upload due in 28 days.

• sebloak
    sebloak Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I downloaded it when it was offered. It was do an upload for Chrome and Netflix every 7 days to start for 100 points each, then after a few weeks it dropped to upload them every 28 days. I deleted it thinking i could reinstall it thinking it had crashed or something when the FAQs were still saying it was weekly uploads. 
  • Gizmo72
    Gizmo72 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Gizmo72 said:
    I tried to cash out just over a month ago but never received the money. I have e-mailed them a few times but have not had a reply yet, apart from ones that say they received my e-mail and are looking into it, and telling me to go to the site's FAQs and help centre - this is especially frustrating as I am currently unemployed and, as I said earlier, it takes me about two years to get £50 with YouGov, and the only other money I get is £5 a month with Sun Savers, but they stopped that a couple of months ago and haven't yet said what, if anything, will replace them.
    I finally got a reply from YouGov and they said there was a problem with my payment, so they're sending a BACS payment to my bank account and I should get it by around the 9th March.
    "A dog will sit next to you while you work. A cat will sit on the work."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure