1234568»

Comments

• Bazzalona13295
    Bazzalona13295 Posts: 803 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 30 November 2023 at 11:03PM
    Options
    Gizmo72 said:
    The latest problem I'm having with YouGov surveys is failing non-existent quality check questions - for example, I might be given a list of companies and asked which ones I'd heard of - I click on the ones I've heard of and the next page says I've been kicked off the survey for either failing the quality check questions or not reading the question properly, and if this carries on I might have my account suspended.
    That is pretty weird, I know which ones you mean.
    Normally I know the vast majority of the companies listed.

Are you definitely being warned on that section?
    A little later on you get asked if they are good quality/bad quality or would you recommend/avoid.

I tend to skip through those, its honest as unless I have had issues with a company I wouldn't slate them, but if any section was likely to get me in trouble for not really engaging properly its that one.
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have done Yougov surveys for many years and never come across that 
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,908 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gizmo72 said:
    The latest problem I'm having with YouGov surveys is failing non-existent quality check questions - for example, I might be given a list of companies and asked which ones I'd heard of - I click on the ones I've heard of and the next page says I've been kicked off the survey for either failing the quality check questions or not reading the question properly, and if this carries on I might have my account suspended.
    Whenever I have received the quality check questions, they have been clear that is what they are.  For example:

This question is for quality control to check you are reading the questions correctly and paying attention.  Select answer "very good" from the choices below
    • very good
    • good
    • average
    • poor
    • very poor

I assume that they might tolerate some failures down to incorrect button clicks, but if someone repeatedly got these questions wrong it would potentially invalidate all the data from that individual.
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Gizmo72 said:
    Whenever I have received the quality check questions, they have been clear that is what they are.  For example:

This question is for quality control to check you are reading the questions correctly and paying attention.  Select answer "very good" from the choices below
    • very good
    • good
    • average
    • poor
    • very poor

I assume that they might tolerate some failures down to incorrect button clicks, but if someone repeatedly got these questions wrong it would potentially invalidate all the data from that individual.
    I don't recall any quality control check although I've been doing surveys with them for years including daily chat 
  • Gizmo72
    Gizmo72 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options

A little later on you get asked if they are good quality/bad quality or would you recommend/avoid.

I tend to skip through those questions too, but they're among the ones that get me kicked out early.
    "A dog will sit next to you while you work. A cat will sit on the work."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure